Before & After, New Look with Pics

Hi, could you perhaps tell me, where I could get a can of this paint ?
is there a color code to match ? I also have the Silver Frost I think.

any prep work or just mask and shoot ?

thanks in advance.

I got my paint at O'reilly's. It's just Duplicolor perfect match in the smaller red cans. It's a lot cheaper than paintscratch at $7 a can. O'reilly's had to order it, but only took a day. You can find your exterior paint color code on the driver side door, TS is silver Frost. I sanded it down with 800 grit, cleaned with acetone, used adhesion promoter, and then prime/paint.

@jolinc01 if you kept your gen2 headlights would the gen1 bumper fit in with the gen2 header panel & headlights?

I don't think it would've. IIRC the center tabs on the header panel and bumper are different from gen 1 to gen 2.

Cool, thanks!
we have a local paint supply shop here in town, called MAX Auto supplies.
I'll get my code and give them a call, they can appearently blend and prepare spray cans.

Admire the work, but I perfer the gen2 LSE Bumper. Just looked so clean!

Painted the lower grille black and tried something new with the fogs. Don't mind the chin spoiler, I'm repainting it soon. PICS

Supplies used
photobucket-43513-1334550411223.jpg

Prepped
photobucket-18230-1334550407042.jpg

Flat black base
photobucket-36313-1334550406317.jpg

Gloss black and clear
photobucket-36443-1334550410030.jpg

Fogs
photobucket-41595-1334558703018.jpg

photobucket-40198-1334558703586.jpg

photobucket-38227-1334558704156.jpg

me like cooool mods!

I have a gen 2 that i would like to add the Mach 1 spoiler to could someone give me the info to order the correct spoiler also which Company sells them and for what gen or does it matter on my gen 2?
Thanks Mike

I might just be a perfectionist but the lower grille needs to be tapped off better and sprayed again or is it the l
lighting?

The fogs look good ive been thinking of doing this for a while now.

The line off the bars by the fogs aren't quite straight and there's a 'wave' on the driver side lower line. There's full coverage of black one the whole thing tho. I like how it turned out and don't plan on respraying it anytime soon.

Just take it to a shop and have it resprayed and put a clear bra on top of it. Will last way longer.

My bumper looked horrible when i first got the car and a repsray really cleaned up the front end.

Repainted the chin spoiler and took a page out of Bulls book with the winter wheels. I'm sure people won't like it, but I think it's fun. Hell it's only paint.
photobucket-52899-1334878588956.jpg

photobucket-5003-1334954171353.jpg

photobucket-50889-1334954368775.jpg

I really love how your front end looks! It's crazy how much different & more aggressive the mach 1 chin spoiler makes the car look. Really love the changes you made to the front end!

Thanks Dennis! I actually like it more than the LSE conversion since I painted the grille.

front end: cool
Wheels: cool

BUT...

where are your summer wheels? or did I miss something?

mlara, Rollin & I traded wheels. I'm just waiting on him to get another run up my way so he can drop them off.

Your car looks sick. Really pulling off the original bumper like a boss.

mlara, Rollin & I traded wheels. I'm just waiting on him to get another run up my way so he can drop them off.

ah yes i knew that, i just thought you would have them already. Sounds good, look forward to those pics...

Members online

No members online now.
Back