Back in the game. My LSE thread

Gorgeous 30 degree day today. Called for a fresh wash and wax. Loving the red calipers right now the contrast is nice. Springs will be going in soon. I'm going to be moving pretty soon here either a short move or all the way to the west coast. I dont know yet

IMG_20110327_133229.jpg

IMG_20110327_133336.jpg

IMG_20110327_133252.jpg

IMG_20110328_180302.jpg

Any special tools needed to get those bad boys out? Passenger side is fine but I'll replace both at once.

I just did mine yesterday. You'll probably need some vicegrips to hold it from spinning but thats it.... Actually you might be able to use a small wrench.

Got them and installed them both. Now I'm pretty confident my sway bar bushings are shot because there is still a noise or "clunk" present. Pretty frustrating actually.

I haven't searched yet but how hard is it to swap the bushings? I'll order the energy suspension versions of course but I'd like to do it myself.

Got them and installed them both. Now I'm pretty confident my sway bar bushings are shot because there is still a noise or "clunk" present. Pretty frustrating actually.

I haven't searched yet but how hard is it to swap the bushings? I'll order the energy suspension versions of course but I'd like to do it myself.

its actually not that hard at all i did it with the mechanic that i work with and im pretty sure its the problem that damn clunk irriatated me for more than a year and the bushings are pretty cheap.

Yeah I'm pretty motivated right now to get them done. I've got access to a lift and a pretty good mechanic so I hope to get it done fairly easily. That clunking is so annoying lol jesus! Thank God I finally have my sway bar finally connected though. What a difference haha

Not too hard; just working at weird angles to get to the bolts.. Also, you need to loosen up one bracket that is in the way.. Stubby ratcheting wrenches are nice to have

Also any other bushings I should change while I'm at it? I actually got my endlinks for free from Lincoln today and if the sway bar bushing kit is only $25 shipped I might as well order more bushings from energy suspension. If its even worth it that is..

Awesome thats why I come here. There isn't much of a Lincoln "society" compared to the Scion world. But you guys are awesome :)

Ordered the energy suspension bushings so they'll be in soon. Spring install coming soon can't wait to put those in. I hate staring at the box in the garage! I just don't have the damn time yet.

Did you order the right size? There was a huge thread on what size is the best, but IIRC they do differ on sport and non-sport models.

Yeah I saw those threads. LSE came with sport so 30mm sway bar. I checked the part number with other threads I'm confident I ordered the right size.

Yeah there was alot of confusion with the non-sport sizes. Energy suspension lists non sport as 28.5 I think.

ES F+R sway bushings came in today. As well as 2 of the new struts. Couple more weeks I'll have the other two struts and I'll be ready to install my new Eibach springs and struts.

I just wish they went lower. I'm tackling the idea of compressing the stock springs as I have an extra set now. A buddy of mine has done this a couple times to bigger cars and the results have been great. I'll see if I'm satisfied with just a 1" drop. I love to be as close to earth as possible when I drive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back