40 mpg in 04 V8. What are you getting out of yours?

1nastyls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Will post pictures when we get home

Driving from Fort Mohave AZ to Vegas we popped 40mpg for a good portion of the trip out there. The car is completely stock except for the custom CAI the car is at 167k and running like a champ.

So LVC what's your mpg like? Just curious lol

That's some nice mpg you got there. Not too sure how many v8 owners got past 25mpg hwy. Sounds like you're running lean :p but then again, these cars only be nice when they want to. So far I made roughly 30miles to and from work without the needle budging much.

248547_cool_story_bro.jpg

The car isnt running lean at all it runs perfectly it gets about 29-33 in town

On my cross country trip we averaged 27. For the longest stretch it was 28. Then in the mountains it was lower 26's and thru the flat plains it was right around 27.

I get just under 16 with spirited city driving lol.

I was going to say, anything over 27-28 hwy and the shovel comes out.

On my trip to Georgia I got about 27 ish without my MAF plugged in, I have noticed since I have fixed the wiring I get much better mileage. I will be interested to see how it does going to Georgia again this year now that nothing is broken. Just need to get an alignment this week or next.

On my trip to Georgia I got about 27 ish without my MAF plugged in, I have noticed since I have fixed the wiring I get much better mileage. I will be interested to see how it does going to Georgia again this year now that nothing is broken. Just need to get an alignment this week or next.

Does the maf really affect mpg

We wanted to see the difference in mileage between a under hood intake and a true CAI so we drove to vegas with the CAI and got 40mpg on the way back we put the intake under the hood (just like the ones a lot of people buy for the genII v8s) and only got 23-25mpg

According to the dash, I can get 33-34 cruising on the highway post turbo

We wanted to see the difference in mileage between a under hood intake and a true CAI so we drove to vegas with the CAI and got 40mpg on the way back we put the intake under the hood (just like the ones a lot of people buy for the genII v8s) and only got 23-25mpg

What's the difference between your "custom intake" compared to "(just like the ones a lot of people buy for the genII v8s)"

So it is downhill to Vegas. :rolleyes:

I am averaging 22.2 between city/hiway driving....according to my dash.

Also according to my dash on the interstate on flat and no wind it will get around 30 or a lil better.

OP...does your LS have a plaque that says SS 1/200?

Members online

No members online now.
Back