40 mpg in 04 V8. What are you getting out of yours?

Those don't restrict airflow, they actually help performance. They help with air pulses coming back out of the intake cause by closed valves...

There is much more to it, I went I've this on my site. Www.amerituner.com it may be a couple pages back now

Well the article I found was about intake manifolds, and I wasn't referring to that. I'm familiar with a helmholtz resonator but I believe this is just to muffle the intake sound.

must have a tornado fuel saver
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMqfZN-apCZR86_Jbcqk7_-p8sibIm8_8rWq8cz5OMz0GMKRpTuA.jpg

Like I said its completely stock except for the intake

Anyone can reset the computer and take a pic. How about a 5 min long video of this 42.2 mpg?

The LS doesn't and will never get 42mpg no matter what. We arent stupid. We own these cars and have for years.

Fail.

My POS LS....it ain't no SS

This is hiway/town driving for months, I can't remember the last time I reset it.

IMAG0972_zps5df13ad1.jpg

The LS doesn't and will never get 42mpg no matter what. We arent stupid. We own these cars and have for years.

Fail.

Yep. I can probably take a picture of it saying 99 MPG, but I can't do a video of that for very long (we don't have very big hills here).

Everyone who is resetting the mileage reading is fooling themselves. Leave it alone and you will get a mostly accurate average of your mileage for the last 1000 miles or so.

A car that I had a few years ago had both average and instantaneous mileage displays. You could watch the instantaneous one go from 1 MPG accelerating to 99 MPG coasting down hill.

What kind of gas are you using?

I believe in you just because I am an optimist. I also believe because I want it to be true that some way some how you've found the holy grail. I think it could be possible and I remember the man with the special carrburator said it had to be tooned for each and every car. Lastly, I know Detroit Diesel mechs were ordered to change settings in the computers to reduce NOx and that reduced fuel economy.

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

ok guys,

this is going to seem a little crazy, but i was looking through our menu screens and found economy mode!!! sure enough after I set it I starting getting :

20130417_081250_zps0542f449.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

THEN I found SUPER Economy mode! and starting getting this:

20130417_081318_zps3ba82ba7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Turns out this is not the dumbest member we've had since the shears to the trunk lid!!! (for a minute i thought this was a thread for a college paper!!!)

Actually to the OP, your cold air intake is really just screwing up your tune. You should never, ever, ever mount your MAF sensor differently vs. the OEM package without a custom tune. Using a different diameter tubing or even having an excessive bend before the sensor will cause the airflow through the pipe to be different vs. the factory expected setup. On my old '93 Mustang with the Paxton I could rotate the MAF housing in the duct work and see the A/F curve change on my A/F meter.

Here's a pic of my CAI. All I wanted to do was get rid of the leaking baffle pipe.

DSC01426.jpg

And I'm with the other guys, until you do an actual mileage check fill up to fill up and miles / gallons of fuel, you have no idea what mileage you are getting.

In this cold MN winter I have gotten as low as a combined 13.2... Hate my life... even my dads 03 explorer 4.0 v6 gets better mileage than me

15.2 is my 50/50 average.

20130417_081054_zps71256289.gif

a new fuel filter moved it from a 14.2 average though!

ok guys,

this is going to seem a little crazy, but i was looking through our menu screens and found economy mode!!! sure enough after I set it I starting getting :

20130417_081250_zps0542f449.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

THEN I found SUPER Economy mode! and starting getting this:

20130417_081318_zps3ba82ba7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Turns out this is not the dumbest member we've had since the shears to the trunk lid!!! (for a minute i thought this was a thread for a college paper!!!)

Thank you for believing I don't care what everyone on here thinks as long as I myself know it is possible to get great mileage out of these cars

Take a picture of the Miles Till Empty screen.

Thank you for believing I don't care what everyone on here thinks as long as I myself know it is possible to get great mileage out of these cars

Trust me guys (you two) I want to believe you!!! Its just we all know quite a bit about these cars (its scary at times), If you can prove this is not trolling, I'll be the first to apologize and bow down... hell I'll paypal you $20 if you can show me without doubt you get 40mpg on a constant basis...

Your the one who started this thread, back it up if its true... Im just showing with my pics its easy to fake.

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!

If you are getting that good of mileage, I'd like in on your CI. Can you post/send the dimensions and parts list you used? I see PVC, just need to know pipe size and lengths throughout. We can all be pilot testers for you to take that to market.

Take a picture of the Miles Till Empty screen.

YEAH! That would shut everybody up dude. If it said something like 550-600 miles to empty.

If you can get over 30 mpg Avg you will raise eyebrows.

I WILL DRESS IN DRAG AND POSE WITH MY LS AND PUT THE PICS IN A SPECIAL THREAD IF YOU CAN PROVE IT.

YEAH! That would shut everybody up dude. If it said something like 550-600 miles to empty.

If you can get over 30 mpg Avg you will raise eyebrows.

I WILL DRESS IN DRAG AND POSE WITH MY LS AND PUT THE PICS IN A SPECIAL THREAD IF YOU CAN PROVE IT.

AT LEAST let me remove my pants first before you start talking like this... jeez.

Members online

No members online now.
Back