40 mpg in 04 V8. What are you getting out of yours?

2013-03-16_09-12-15_754_zpsaf887b4e.gif

2013-03-16_09-13-37_280_zpsfcebd828.gif

Your LS is nasty that's for sure. Look at that dirt in the engine bay.

I know the car was owned by an old lady before me and she of coarse never cleaned it I just haven't had the time to clean it yet but that's one of my projects for the near future maybe even this week

That's a great spot to pick up water and hydrolock the engine...

I can't see how this can even improve anything. You still have the baffles of the stock air assembly restricting it.

I've seen the display center display inaccurate MPG before. Have you measured this by hand? Maybe the MPG is displaying an inaccurate number.

OH WHAT A MIN... is this the GF talking??? I forgot this is a couple thing... you guys should add a signature to the bottom when posting...

Relocating the entire intake / filter that low...dumb (but if you dont get any rain..i'll buy it)
getting 40mpg under normal driving... not possible
i can get a pic of 60+mpg with reseting while coasting at high speeds... if your going to state you get 40+ mpg, you better be able to back it up...

If that's Ft Mohave, CA there is NO way that will pass smog! I had to reinstall the factory air box as the law changed and NO modification to the intake is allowed without a CARB sticker. I'm having a hard time getting K&N to get the T-Bird intake CARB certified for the LS.

Unless you had the cruise set at ~50mph on a decline I highly doubt 40mpg. ESPECIALLY with this crap the people's Republik calls gasoline!

i can get a pic of 60+mpg with reseting while coasting at high speeds... if your going to state you get 40+ mpg, you better be able to back it up...

Shoot..... I can get 99mpg anytime I want!

I can't see how this can even improve anything. You still have the baffles of the stock air assembly restricting it.

Those don't restrict airflow, they actually help performance. They help with air pulses coming back out of the intake cause by closed valves...

There is much more to it, I went I've this on my site. Www.amerituner.com it may be a couple pages back now

Those don't restrict airflow, they actually help performance. They help with air pulses coming back out of the intake cause by closed valves...

There is much more to it, I went I've this on my site. Www.amerituner.com it may be a couple pages back now

Ill give you performance increase but not to the extent of the OPs "40 MPG". I'd say maybe 27 instead of 26.6 MPG.

Anyone have a reasonable figure for an 02 with exhaust, cai and a tune? The best I've ever gotten is 26 and maybe some change but that was milking it and practically drifting a semi. You guys with 30 highway is pretty impressive

That's a great spot to pick up water and hydrolock the engine...

Actually that elbow can be removed and I put the filter on the tube in the engine bay by the maf and don't have to worry about hydrolockung the engine

OH WHAT A MIN... is this the GF talking??? I forgot this is a couple thing... you guys should add a signature to the bottom when posting...

Relocating the entire intake / filter that low...dumb (but if you dont get any rain..i'll buy it)
getting 40mpg under normal driving... not possible

Working on a video for proof then all you non believers will see

If that's Ft Mohave, CA there is NO way that will pass smog! I had to reinstall the factory air box as the law changed and NO modification to the intake is allowed without a CARB sticker. I'm having a hard time getting K&N to get the T-Bird intake CARB certified for the LS.

Unless you had the cruise set at ~50mph on a decline I highly doubt 40mpg. ESPECIALLY with this crap the people's Republik calls gasoline!

Ft Mohave [U]AZ[/U] no smog here

Ill give you performance increase but not to the extent of the OPs "40 MPG". I'd say maybe 27 instead of 26.6 MPG.

Anyone have a reasonable figure for an 02 with exhaust, cai and a tune? The best I've ever gotten is 26 and maybe some change but that was milking it and practically drifting a semi. You guys with 30 highway is pretty impressive

I track mine regularly, 02 V8, best I remember is 27 MPG with tune, CAI, exhaust. That is at 70-75 mph driving and on flat land.. I get a combined average of usually 18-19 MPG, I do live in New York though so my city driving and even highway may be different than other areas

BTW every winter when they switch to oxygenated crap I loose 2 MPG across the board

Members online

No members online now.
Back