1998 lincoln mark viii LSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is true, you aren't the average owner.

Most people get overwhelmed quickly with these cars.

They can be good dd's. You just have to "Know" the car and repair stuff before it leaves you on the side of the road. But yes, for the random guy on the street I'd agree.

A healthy stockpile of spare parts helps as well. :)

you spent $900 to much man on that abortion... part it out if you really bought... It will be hard to polish that tird

While this is true, you aren't the average owner.

Most people get overwhelmed quickly with these cars.
Funny, I have been DD these cars for too long.
I agree with you 100%.

I was offered a very low mile gen 2 base for a awesome price, had to pass it up
because it was going to be a kid car.
Too much power, too many headaches terrible in the snow.
I found a good deal on a Chevrolet cavalier.

No brainer, and its fairly obvious how I feel about chevies.:eyeroll:

I have had my car since I was 16 and been DD it for 8 years now. You do need to know about the car a little bit and can't buy a junk one and expect it to treat you good. The only things the Mark VIIIs have trouble with that I can think of is the air suspension, blend door, and the HIDs. Other than that, it is just your basic car that needs maintenance.

Funny, I have been DD these cars for too long.
I agree with you 100%.

I was offered a very low mile gen 2 base for a awesome price, had to pass it up
because it was going to be a kid car.
Too much power, too many headaches terrible in the snow.
I found a good deal on a Chevrolet cavalier.

No brainer, and its fairly obvious how I feel about chevies.:eyeroll:
Cavalier over a mark
I think someone's off there meds.
When you get old keep the meds in one of them day by day organizers.

Cavalier over a mark

Trolling again Luke?
Its becoming a habit.

Anyhooo... yep I passed on the all mighty mark.
No regrets I might add.
FWIW
I already have the day by day pill organizers, it helps a lot.
If you live to reach my age you will understand.;)

I've always and will continue to say that VIIIs shouldn't be used for DD use.

Too expensive to fix, and way too hard to find parts for.

Just saying.
interesting idea I never considered...i started driving mine more BECAUSE I drive 90 interstate miles a day around the Atlanta perimeter; then when i realized I'd soon burn out one '96 (the Brown one at 184k), i got another '96 w/ only 109k on it (the White one)......although, with all the 'stuff' lately getting em repaired....a Lincoln TC, or Caddy CTS may not be so bad??? lol
----
Kendrick, sounds like you might wanna put pen to paper and make a real budget before asking people for parts; make some solid deals and some people will trust you again;

Cavalier over a mark

If I had a 16 y/o son I would never buy him a nice car to start with..get him a reliable boring car to see how he takes care of it before you go spending money on something that will probably be run into the ground. I'd hate to buy a mark viii and watch it get beat to hell

Makes me think we should start a "Safty List" of know good people who buy and sell in this forum. I know we have one sticky already about a scammer. it might be nice to have one so people who dont see these threads know who to watch out for.
----
known FACT: Clearwater FLA Ed Lezon aka Ed Lazaro dba Lincolns of Largo, banned from the auction site recently; got me for a couple bills- probably why I'm still bitter, (somewhat) untrusting and impatient
:shifty:

----
known FACT: Clearwater FLA Ed Lezon aka Ed Lazaro dba Lincolns of Largo, banned from the auction site recently; got me for a couple bills- probably why I'm still bitter, (somewhat) untrusting and impatient
:shifty:

You have every reason to be frustrated with "that" transaction, and completely understand your bitterness and uneasy feeling buying things wrather it be here or ebay.. Just be sure that you never deal with either of them in the future. I was hoping that you would've learned that the first time.

ya know, even the auction site, with all the precautions they take to have honest and quality sellers still has guys like Ed on there from time to time....when buying used gear, it's always 'as-is'...I get that, I much prefer the local C/L, face to face inspect prior to purchase, cash and carry.....even though that's how i got that 8.8'' err, 7.5"!! gear and locker! lol...it was listed as an 8.8'' :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back