1998 lincoln mark viii LSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-FAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey fellow mark viii owners i ran into a issue my project 98 lsc tan that i had was a complete project. times got hard and i did the unthinkable and so i lost out in the long run many of you know that ever since i lost that car i've missed my mark and so i went on a hunt for almost a year trying to find that mark and etc. thanks to some great friends and some consouling i found her and its the right price but it has flaws but hey every mark does right...

1998 Lincoln mark VIII LSC 1000.00
the positive
-ebony interior
-10 spokes
-1 owner
-120k miles
-air ride works
-i can change the paint

the Negative
- interior needs some fixing
- new tires
- new drivers window
-deep cleaning
-OMG THE BIGG ASS DENT IN THE DRIVERS REAR QUARTER PANEL

IMG_20130508_104429_776.jpg

IMG_20130508_104437_646.jpg

PART_1368945431058.jpg

Picture 140.jpg

silver lincoln.jpg

Last edited:
Why don't you buy a car that isn't fukked up for once?!? I don't know how many cars you've posted pictures of that you bought to "fix up" and then you never do....

Anyway, it looks like it needs some front air shocks and a VRCM module. Luckily, you agreed to buy those same parts from me about a year and a half ago and never paid....

Yes, I'm still pissed off about that.
No, I'm not going to stop bringing it up....until you send the money.
The ONLY reason I spent my own hard-earned money to buy them FOR YOU was because you swore that you would send me the money right away, and you "need them so bad." I guess you didn't need them that badly after all. God knows why I've actually kept them all this time...

I've parted cars out in better shape, If you can’t afford to have a good welder, weld in a quarter I would just keep the interior and other useful parts. There are much nicer ones for cheaper then what the body work will cost to fix that.

Why don't you buy a car that isn't fukked up for once?!? I don't know how many cars you've posted pictures of that you bought to "fix up" and then you never do....

Anyway, it looks like it needs some front air shocks and a VRCM module. Luckily, you agreed to buy those same parts from me about a year and a half ago and never paid....

Yes, I'm still pissed off about that.
No, I'm not going to stop bringing it up....until you send the money.
The ONLY reason I spent my own hard-earned money to buy them FOR YOU was because you swore that you would send me the money right away, and you "need them so bad." I guess you didn't need them that badly after all. God knows why I've actually kept them all this time...

Damn! This thread went from "Hi, look at my car" to, "Where's my money?" In no time. Now we all want to learn more about that.

My dad's Mark VIII is the same way but not as bad as this one. Got it because the interior is so damn clean and it honestly feels like a new car. The guy who had it before must have always went to the dealership, hell he even got the leather upholstered from them. But I knew if we bought this car, it would eventually turn in to a parts car because a dent in that part is either weld it or put lots of bondo to get it in mint condition.

94181210100461236899602.jpg

that dent can be pulled out on the white one and minimum bondo used after the fact...hell even k-fans can be fixed..although it would make more sense to replace the outer skin....but the body guys at my work can and would fix that dent if need be...they hav all the right equipment and once again using minimal bondo

as for member buying parts for OP and then OP never coming through is about as ignorant as it gets

Last time I went to get a quote on it, they said 1K or more to fix it. In K-FAN case, say it takes 1K to fix, that's already 2K he would have spent not counting other stuff that needs to be fixed. I have seen nice Gen II on the Craigslist thread for 2.5K. If I were in his position, I would buy a nice Mark for 2K-3K and then switch over the Black interior to that one. Sell parts from this one and scrap it to get your 1K back.

I'd fix it just because I have all the resources and 2 gen 2 parts car

but also I wouldn't have spent $1000 on that car.... $500-700 tops becuase of the damage

Yeah, my toaster is broke too. I often have to lay a piece of bread over a metal spatula and let the gas stove-top char it up a bit. Speaking of spatulas, any of you guys ever find a nice, well built fly swatter? I can't find one for the life of me. I've looked all over Wal-Mart and have yet to find one that really gets the job done. Wal-mart really is a great place to buy aluminum foil though, It's great for covering oven sheets when cooking some hog.

Last edited:
Damn! This thread went from "Hi, look at my car" to, "Where's my money?" In no time. Now we all want to learn more about that.

Yeah, as many times as I've brought it up now, I'd have thought it was common knowledge on here. I know Don Pfau, Laser and Sapperfire all had quite a few problems with him not following through on parts requests too...

He asks about parts, and then once a price is agreed upon, he asks for a PayPal invoice and then never pays it. After badgering him for a few days, he'll finally ask for another PayPal invoice. Again, he won't pay it. This goes on and on until he disappears from the site for a couple months. That happened a couple times prior to the incident described above, with a couple different sets of Strutmasters coil conversions. I wasn't too upset at the time, because I was able to sell them to other members.

Shame on me for having compassion for him when he came to me once again, asking for a set of air shocks and a VRCM module for the latest POS car he bought wrecked. I got his phone number from him and, for whatever reason, we only spoke through texts. I was never able to get ahold of him on the phone, but I was ok with texts.

I texted him when I was at the junkyard and told him the condition of the air shocks (decent amount of cracking in the rubber, but still holding air) and he said that was fine to get him by for a little while. I told him the price and told him I wouldn't get them for him unless he promised (yeah, I know...) to send the payment by the end of the week. He promised, and said that he would come down to SC and get them to save on shipping. Obviously, he never paid. I bugged him about it MANY times and every time, it was the same old story. "I'll send the money when I get paid, send me another PayPal invoice..." Then a couple months later, he PM'd me and said that he got rid of his Mark VIII and moved to Wisconsin or Montana or something. Then he disappeared from the forums for a few more months. When he popped back up again, he was still in Charlotte, NC. When I called him out on it, he wouldn't acknowledge anything about it...

Then, I noticed him asking about some parts in someone else's 'for sale' thread. I called him out on not paying for these items and he got all butt-hurt about me doing it in public. (I'm not going to let him screw someone else over if I can prevent it.) He stated that he wanted to settle it once and for all, and send me the money. He asked me to send another PayPal invoice (notice a trend?), which he also never paid. We went back and forth for a couple weeks again, until he once more disappeared from the forum for a few months.

Now he's back again. With another wrecked POS. Last week he was asking about buying a quarter panel from a member on LOD. I warned the other member, who told me he wouldn't sell Kendrick anything until he settled his debt with me first. At this point, I don't ever expect to get paid by him. I know he never will. But, I'm not gonna stand by and let him do the same thing to other forum members either. As long as I'm able, I'll take every chance I can to warn others about him.

The worst part about this is he has never once apologized for any of this. He just acts completely oblivious to the fact that he's screwing people over. Sapperfire and Laser made the same observation. I might feel differently if I had just gotten some form of an apology or something along the way.

Been there, done that with multiple paypal invoices. Nope. Not wasting my time.

Yeah, as many times as I've brought it up now, I'd have thought it was common knowledge on here. I know Don Pfau, Laser and Sapperfire all had quite a few problems with him not following through on parts requests too...

He asks about parts, and then once a price is agreed upon, he asks for a PayPal invoice and then never pays it. After badgering him for a few days, he'll finally ask for another PayPal invoice. Again, he won't pay it. This goes on and on until he disappears from the site for a couple months. That happened a couple times prior to the incident described above, with a couple different sets of Strutmasters coil conversions. I wasn't too upset at the time, because I was able to sell them to other members.

Shame on me for having compassion for him when he came to me once again, asking for a set of air shocks and a VRCM module for the latest POS car he bought wrecked. I got his phone number from him and, for whatever reason, we only spoke through texts. I was never able to get ahold of him on the phone, but I was ok with texts.

I texted him when I was at the junkyard and told him the condition of the air shocks (decent amount of cracking in the rubber, but still holding air) and he said that was fine to get him by for a little while. I told him the price and told him I wouldn't get them for him unless he promised (yeah, I know...) to send the payment by the end of the week. He promised, and said that he would come down to SC and get them to save on shipping. Obviously, he never paid. I bugged him about it MANY times and every time, it was the same old story. "I'll send the money when I get paid, send me another PayPal invoice..." Then a couple months later, he PM'd me and said that he got rid of his Mark VIII and moved to Wisconsin or Montana or something. Then he disappeared from the forums for a few more months. When he popped back up again, he was still in Charlotte, NC. When I called him out on it, he wouldn't acknowledge anything about it...

Then, I noticed him asking about some parts in someone else's 'for sale' thread. I called him out on not paying for these items and he got all butt-hurt about me doing it in public. (I'm not going to let him screw someone else over if I can prevent it.) He stated that he wanted to settle it once and for all, and send me the money. He asked me to send another PayPal invoice (notice a trend?), which he also never paid. We went back and forth for a couple weeks again, until he once more disappeared from the forum for a few months.

Now he's back again. With another wrecked POS. Last week he was asking about buying a quarter panel from a member on LOD. I warned the other member, who told me he wouldn't sell Kendrick anything until he settled his debt with me first. At this point, I don't ever expect to get paid by him. I know he never will. But, I'm not gonna stand by and let him do the same thing to other forum members either. As long as I'm able, I'll take every chance I can to warn others about him.

The worst part about this is he has never once apologized for any of this. He just acts completely oblivious to the fact that he's screwing people over. Sapperfire and Laser made the same observation. I might feel differently if I had just gotten some form of an apology or something along the way.

AAAAND..he gone..again. You're always gonna meet flakey people..I've surely met a few, you just gotta take everything they say with a grain of salt..these kinda people are no different than bullsh*ters and exaggerators in my book, just nod n' smile. It's just a totally different situation on a forum since you can't judge someone's personallity by what they type (most of the time) I guess it's one of those things you gotta put up with if you're gonna sell parts over the internet.

I had my "dealings" with Kendrick also. I offered him at least two gen 2's for around $2500 and wouldn't hear from him for a long time. Then he would be back again asking about parts. I read all about 98linc's issues and decided it's best to sell to others. I have no time for BS!

You know what really annoys me? People who can't answer the fukking phone but will reply to your texts 2 minutes later. What a douche. Pay up or shut your mouth and quit acting like all of these good things are going to happen really soon. That was one of the last things I saw on his FB wall. "PM me, i have really good news" Yeah, I fukking doubt it. BLOCKED

I have some good news, I just took a chit and it didn't burn. That's more truth than anything he says.

Wow! Kirk too!! I wonder who else has Kendrick stories?

Nah. I didn't have any deals with him but he was the first Mark8 "enthusiast" ever that would pop up on my chat box on Facebook and ask the dumbest most open-ended questions. For example "What do I need for a cobra intake swap" That was it. Nothing more. All of his questions were like this. I had patience with him for awhile until I heard all of this drama here today so I just blocked him. No sense in answering a question for him just to find out he isn't even going to take on the project anyways. Cobra intake swap what?? Some imaginary car that is worthy of that before a fukking fender and an interior that isn't waterlogged from the dumbass you bought it from that couldn't even tarp the damn thing properly? Whatever. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back