1995 Indigo Lights/Black LSC Progress

Thanks Guys....

I painted the aluminum cause I am going for an "understated" look in the engine compartment. I've done flashy before and am tired of it.

Took the thing down to the garage today to do "some" suspension work. I threw it on the trailer because I needed to do some work on the truck to get it ready for my trip to the east coast area with the trailer.

As I was comming down I25, I pulled in to the scenic pull off to take those last pics, but the sun would'nt cooperate. So they are overexposed....Sorry.

Pics....

100_3243.JPG

100_3244.jpg

100_3245.JPG

100_3247.JPG

100_3248.JPG

Finally got the thing out and washed it on this beautiful 65 degree day.

I'll need to do some paint correction and even a re-paint on the bumper covers,but still looks good for 85,000 Miles.

Getting 4.10s in the next couple weeks.

100_3261.JPG

100_3262.JPG

100_3263.JPG

100_3265.JPG

100_3267.JPG

100_3268.JPG

well, its in pieces across the country now.

this is pretty close to what i want my car to look like sometime in the future.
i like it very much.

My Great 8.

It was damaged in a hail storm, and was cheaper to replace the car than do the body work.

The 95 is rust FREE, undercarriage and all.

simple economics mang.

Mike

New wheels........

18x9 Black Chrome FR500's

Needed to get it RE-Lowered in these pics. These new tires are smaller in diameter than the old ones.

The car is also filthy as hell in this pic. I ended up taking it out too soon after a patch of bad weather and got the customary road grime on it. The damage below the rear corner light will be fixed as well as both bumper covers before Boscobel. I also ordered a heated seat kit for the front seats and should have them installed pretty soon.

It's comming along..........SLOWLY.

Mike

100_3292.JPG

100_3294.JPG

actually i do like em, now that i've seen a complete pic

It looks ALOT better than that having lowered it another 3/4". Now we just need to get that bodywork done. ALSO......if my "auto swap" does'nt happen soon, a 6060 will probably be in this cars future.

I hate the 4r70W with a passion.

FR500s look great on a Gen1 Mark VIII, the black chrome was an excellent choice for that color car. ;)

New wheels........

18x9 Black Chrome FR500's

Needed to get it RE-Lowered in these pics. These new tires are smaller in diameter than the old ones.

The car is also filthy as hell in this pic. I ended up taking it out too soon after a patch of bad weather and got the customary road grime on it. The damage below the rear corner light will be fixed as well as both bumper covers before Boscobel. I also ordered a heated seat kit for the front seats and should have them installed pretty soon.

It's comming along..........SLOWLY.

Mike

What size tires you have on those rims?
Look good but I gotta worry about damn Potholes :mad:

255/40-18 and 275/35-18 Toyo Proxes.

And thanks Driller. It's not quite to the Blue Flame's caliber but one day maybe.

Are those black chrome or are they Hyper Black? They look great but I would have gone with a tire that was closer to stock height.

Now that I've seen a pic of the whole car I must say that I really like them.

:rolleyes:Dang....now I'm not the only one with black chrome FR500's.....

IMG_1056.jpg

Well, at least I'm still the only one with staggered black chromies.... :cool::rolleyes:

They look really good on that car though. Excellent choice! :D

Yea, but in reality this is still sitting higher than the old 95.

I have been driving it around in the lowered position with the air ride off and have had no issues with ground clearance. Only the rear tires because of the offset. A fender roll will eliminate that.

well, I finally tracked down where all of the coolant was going.

I've been noticing the low coolant light avery couple weeks after refilling it. Long story short, #8 Cylinder was burning it.

When we got this car, the cooling system was running pure water. It came from southern California, so I guess they guy figured it was no big deal. The original water pump was eaten alive by rust, and all of the components were either plugged or coated in corrosion.

Anywho......

"New" engine is in now, but needs to be hooked up. Should have it running tomorrow.

This is what it looked like when I pulled it from the donor. 60,000 miles and NO varnish, buildup or anything under the covers. IMRC's looked new as well.

Mike

IMG_0213.JPG

Mike....your always swapping motors.

Nice junkyard find.
You didn't happen to find a 6 speed in that yard? :)

Members online

Back