1/4 mile times and kill stories

I've beaten several cars on the street that I really shouldn't have thanks to bad drivers.

Oh, I ran one of the 95+ Continentals a couple weeks ago. He had an extra person in the car and some loud subs in the trunk, I had about 1.5-2 cars on him by 60. I know he'd have put up a much better fight without the extra few hundred pounds though.

well hell man i got 145lbs of subwoofers and box in my trunk and really it kills my e.t.'s bad. the traction is nice, but th elost time isn't

igot beat by a stock 2000 buick regal gs what the f@#%
igot beat from the 30 roll and inthe quarter it was 98 degrees and my car wasn't running the best. but still shouldn't i have been ableto beat it or at least run with it. he just walked me the whole around needless to say i was pist.

ran baseline runs with my 98 lsc last year at greatlakes dragway in wisc i beat a couple 5.0 birds, my friends '95 bird (look in pic gallery, not stock) was close well kinda every 1/8 mile we were even and by the end i had him every time, even ran against that black blown 98 that whoops everythings a$$ it comes against.....needless to say my stock 98 didnt keep up.....AT ALL but we were in different classes (just running the clock) best time was 15.2 @ 92.5mph got second place in my class

some guy in an older GTI Volks Golf pulled up to me. at 40 mph. (i sparked his attention after i burned off a corner at the intersection.) then i hear his engine rev, and he let of the clutch. his wheels chirped and flames came out his exhaust. no doubt this thing was NOT stock. i floored it but he was too fast. then he slowed up and i did a fly by at 100 mph (in a 40). i was pissed.

on top of that, i forgot to put my windows up... that probably slowed me down damit. plus... 4,000lbs compared to maybe 2100lbs? i think if my windows were up, i could kept up

I ran down a 4L Ranger last night. I was accelerating normally but chirped the tires on the painted crosswalk lines. I guess the ranger thought I was going for it, so he got on it. I was already in 2nd, so it had to downshift and took me until 75-80 to get past him. Next light I took him from the launch and put 2 cars on him by 50. Still kinda surprised me.

Lincolns Own said:
i think if my windows were up, i could kept up

I've come to notice at the track... that when my sunroof is open I go about .05 slower than normal. With the windows down, I'm close to .10 slower.

Tripany said:
I've come to notice at the track... that when my sunroof is open I go about .05 slower than normal. With the windows down, I'm close to .10 slower.

Hmm, that weird. All the tracks I been to they made me roll my windows up. Not like I wasn't planning to anyways, but they made sure they were up anyways.

rocket5979 said:
Hmm, that weird. All the tracks I been to they made me roll my windows up. Not like I wasn't planning to anyways, but they made sure they were up anyways.
the windows up adds to the overall strength of the car in case you wreck

The day before yesterday I had a new GTO line up at a light with me. He reved it up and when the light went green we left throttle down. We were about even but he dropped back and then when the road changed to a single lane he fell WAY BACK :rolleyes:

I just had to do it cause I have a friend with one and he thinks it's the fastest car on earth or something. I had also lined up and took out another buddies 1986 350 powered Monte SS that had headers and a Edelbrock carb on it.

My car is all stock so far and I have yet to go to E-town to get a base run out of it. Then off to Lincoln Motorsports for a few upgrades :D

chickenviii said:
the windows up adds to the overall strength of the car in case you wreck

I wasn't questioning why tracks have that rule. I was questioning why that person was allowed to run with their windows down. Go figure, at GLD the staff usually dont follow half of the rules and safety guidelines they are supposed to. Sarcasm***"What,..you mean your supposed to drive AROUND the waterbox when on street rad's???" hehe

Probably the same elsewhere too unfortunately.

Yeh, they make you put your windows up at GLD. I had the track guy give me the cranking arm signal a few times in my 78 MustangII. Of coarse that was a few years ago, they made you run with your parking lights on too. They haven't been enforcing that this year at all.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
They haven't been enforcing that this year at all.

Or anything else for that matter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good, maybe that means they will let me bust high 12's a few times with the LS without kicking me off. :D

Englishtown has always been all windows all the way up. Even if your window is cracked down a quarter inch they flag you so to speak. I can see why because my 71' RT 440 Challenger would let the windows suck out at high speeds.

Also NHRA rules now want you to have a roll bar if you go 11.49 or lower. Otherwise you can run pretty much everything as long as you have a helmet and pass the basic tech inspection :D

i still long to go to the track... but for now, people around here no me as, "the crazy a-hole sliding around all the damn corners and burning off every traffic light he lines up to."

Lincolns Own said:
i still long to go to the track... but for now, people around here no me as, "the crazy a-hole sliding around all the damn corners and burning off every traffic light he lines up to."

Lolol just be safe! Deer, kids, pets, and just dumb crap is always waiting to pop out in front of you! I love your Mark HOTTIE!!!!!!

I'm with ya...our track always has events so it is hard to get a Test and Tune night, then when they do, it is packed!

They ALWAYS tap my window, make me roll it down and then look in, then roll it back up, tint is too dark and they can't see in to ensure I am wearing pants and at least a half sleeve shirt. I went straight from work one night and had a skirt on, I had to borrow a pair of pants from one of the guys and would pull them up when my turn was up, then slide them down when I got off, thank goodness I had my nikes in the trunk!!!

The tint helps me to ignore everything around me, the other guy only sees black on black on black and I don't see anything but the tree, especially at night!!

SMOOCHES!

rocket5979 said:
I wasn't questioning why tracks have that rule. I was questioning why that person was allowed to run with their windows down.

The first time was by mistake, and they didn't notice. But I noticed a difference in the ET.

The next couple of times, I talked to the track owner and told him I wanted to do it for the data. He agree'd that I could make a few passes to gather my data. They were bye runs as well.

I'm at the track once a week, every week, and have been for the past 5 years. The people at the track know me and my car very well. I run the same times week after week, my car has never done anything stupid. And they know I'll shut it down if for some odd reason it does do something dumb. As our Announcer says, "It's much better to throw away a pass than to throw away the car!".

Sorry for the late reply, I was having trouble with my connection and couldn't get a post to go through.

rocket5979 said:
I wasn't questioning why tracks have that rule. I was questioning why that person was allowed to run with their windows down.

Boobs probably had something to do with it...:eek:

got a 05 accord v6 pretty bad he said quote "I thought it was a grandpa car i had no clue it would run like that, hell yeah man" unqoute

on top of that i had some 78 year old man talk to me about my car said he use to own one in 95, but now the old man took over in him now he drives caddys. it was cool as hell to talk to an older man that loved performance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back