1/4 mile times and kill stories

iknow what years of camaros came with what engine
my point behind stating my cuz and uncles rides is that an LS1 is 5x the motor and LT1 is adn if an LS1 can't beat a supercharged cobra then there is no way an LT1 could without serious mods done (maybe not serious) don't get me wrong LT1's run awsome but by no means are they up to the LS1 standards

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
iknow what years of camaros came with what engine
my point behind stating my cuz and uncles rides is that an LS1 is 5x the motor and LT1 is adn if an LS1 can't beat a supercharged cobra then there is no way an LT1 could without serious mods done (maybe not serious) don't get me wrong LT1's run awsome but by no means are they up to the LS1 standards

Hehehehe. I kind of understood what ya meant, but next time please use a . or two. hehe. ;) I thought I was the king of run-on sentences.

2002_LS_V8 said:
i agree... there is no way in hell any stock z28 i mean any will beat a 04 cobra with equal drivers.

With the new gen Camaro's vs the 03-04 Cobra's it was close enough to come down to a drivers race. The 03-04 Cobra IS the faster car though, but a lot of times that doesn't matter so much.

sorry, i must have had my years wrong. it wasnt supercharged, but it was a cobra, so that would be about '01 or '02? they all look the same with that body style and he was behind me most of the time so... my mistake

and Mr. Wilson,

My moms a cool chick, just as long as i dont tell dad the bad stuff she does :p

rocket5979 said:
Cobra's didn't come supercharged till 2003-2004 (rated @ 390 hp but really about 430 hp). Before that they were all naturally aspirated. If it was a 99 or 01 Cobra then it was still pushing 320 hp at the flywheel in stock form and looks similar to an 03-04. Still a pretty formidable opponent for most people, but definately nothing super fast.

well, he was saying 04 cobra...04 is supercharged if it WAS an 04 and NOT supercharged itd be GT. thats all iz be sayin jigga

Lincolns Own said:
My moms a cool chick, just as long as i dont tell dad the bad stuff she does :p

nice, play mom off of dad and vice versa...GET TO THE TRACK!

MrWilson said:
well, he was saying 04 cobra...04 is supercharged if it WAS an 04 and NOT supercharged itd be GT. thats all iz be sayin jigga

Its cool. It just seemed that he was unclear enough about the years and stock mods they had to really be able to determine if it was an 03-04 Cobra or a 99-01.

rocket5979 said:
Its cool. It just seemed that he was unclear enough about the years and stock mods they had to really be able to determine if it was an 03-04 Cobra or a 99-01.
not to nit pic:D but they didn't make cobras 99- 01 only 99 and 01. in 2000 they were doing the recalls onthe 99 cobra to fix the intake problem that killed the actual horsepower out put. so they just put off making them until 01 when all flaws were worked out.. only reason i rememeber that is cuz i went ot go buy a cobra in 00, and the sales man was like we got these 99's other wise you got to wait till late 00 to get the 01 and then went into detail about what was going on.... so i waited till fall to pick mine up......then i got my wife pregnant 6 months later and the cobra went bye bye:mad:

sorry just bored and nit pickin:rolleyes:

all this cobra talk make me want an 02 cobra now

(waiting for the "there is no 02 cobra") :D

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
not to nit pic:D but they didn't make cobras 99- 01 only 99 and 01. in 2000 they were doing the recalls onthe 99 cobra to fix the intake problem that killed the actual horsepower out put. so they just put off making them until 01 when all flaws were worked out.. only reason i rememeber that is cuz i went ot go buy a cobra in 00, and the sales man was like we got these 99's other wise you got to wait till late 00 to get the 01 and then went into detail about what was going on.... so i waited till fall to pick mine up......then i got my wife pregnant 6 months later and the cobra went bye bye:mad:

sorry just bored and nit pickin:rolleyes:

They DID indeed make a Cobra in 2000! :D ;) But it was a Cobra R, so not really in the same league as the regular Cobra's. I just got tired of putting the "&" sign between the years. Look earlier and you will see I started out that way, just got lazy I guess. :D Just giving ya sh1t. I'm bored and waiting for certain goodies for my LS to arrive via UPS and got to do something. ;)

Ok, I think I will daydream about the 00R for a while now.

vr4 said:

THERE IS NO 02 COBRA!!! :D Ok, I was the first to say it, what do I win? :cool:

vr4 said:

There were indeed a few 2002 Cobras. :) I heard they're wierd to drive though. :shifty:

Dr. Paul said:
There were indeed a few 2002 Cobras. :) I heard they're wierd to drive though. :shifty:

***southern drawl*** Thats them there foreign cars. hehe

rocket5979 said:
They DID indeed make a Cobra in 2000! :D ;) But it was a Cobra R, so not really in the same league as the regular Cobra's. I just got tired of putting the "&" sign between the years. Look earlier and you will see I started out that way, just got lazy I guess. :D Just giving ya sh1t. I'm bored and waiting for certain goodies for my LS to arrive via UPS and got to do something. ;)

Ok, I think I will daydream about the 00R for a while now.

ok you got me there, but i wasn't refering to the R, but you got me i wll admit that...................why people always gotta be breakin ball:confused: :D s

ahhh the infamous R what a car to dream about:gr_hail:

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
you know msm8tress i was just looking at a forum about yoru time slip and well if that is all the mods youve got then that is VERY impressive but i just don't know with out gears

Yeah, it's got me curious also, so I can't wait to get back on the track. The track here has been closed for a 3 weeks! Now that NHRA has released it back to us commoners for another year, it finally opens up next wednesday, but I will be driving across PA to Chambersburg on Tuesday...(bummed,!!). However, I am hoping to get a few nights of runs on a track close by, Cecil I think it is. Doubt if it will be as cool and clean as it was that night, but I will give it a go there too!

As far as anyone looking over and being distracted by a blond blue eyed Hottie, limo tint takes care of that, but it is just as distracting and black on black on black is a tad intimidating too.

I've been looking into some gears, but a few guys are telling me to look at a torque convertor. I also want a trannie cooler and a set of MT's street legals, my Perls SUCK! Then see what he does....but my itty bitty budget will be straining!!!

Funny, I can't think of a street race I've lost...cept to that cop...lol but you know how that goes. I know some of you rebels would have tried to dust him, but not this Hottie, actually I should thank him, him letting me off after pulling me over for doing 125 mph is what got me going to the track (yup, by the grace of God he let me go!!). I don't think he was expecting a chickiebabe behind the wheel! God gave me one last chance to get it done right, now I can't stay away!

MsM8

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
ok you got me there, but i wasn't refering to the R, but you got me i wll admit that...................why people always gotta be breakin ball:confused: :D

That is his job!!!!

I know I'm asking for it, but he already sucked mine up and spit em out (lolol), so I don't have anything to lose!!!

SMOOCHES
MsM8

ive got dark a$$ windows on my mark too
can't even see my daughter moving around in the back sit they are double layered 20% and my doors are only 20% but tested @17%
i got pictures of it being installed by one of my friends and me i will post them sometime

I will be going to the local 1/4 mile track tomorrow (Friday) night. I just want to get a baseline timeslip for my 98 LSC.

MsM8tress said:
That is his job!!!!

I know I'm asking for it, but he already sucked mine up and spit em out (lolol), so I don't have anything to lose!!!

SMOOCHES
MsM8

Deb, please tell me you don't have any little round fleshy objects between your legs. :D Might want to have a doctor check that out. :D :D :D

And yes it is my job to bust peoples balls. :p It is usually all in good fun though. :cool: But there have been exceptions. I will try to play nice for a while though.

YouthKwest said:
I will be going to the local 1/4 mile track tomorrow (Friday) night. I just want to get a baseline timeslip for my 98 LSC.
good luck man dont' forget to stall up and launch hard if you get only a little eeeekkk out of the tires yo uknow you got all of it.
nice stereo install man. i've been in the game for about 11 years

i got a phone call about 2 in the morning last night from one of my friends who found someone who wanted to race me with a honda del sol the "supposidaly(sp)" had $7500 in teh motor no turbo or nitrous. but this guy was talking mad crap about how his car ran 12's and all that crap so we lined them up he took me till i shifted into second then i jsut walked right past him. by th eend of the 1/4 i had him by 2 car lengths. then came the whinning and bitching and the accusations that i had nitrous and didn't tell him. so after he got a good look at my mark to make sure i wasn't running a bottle we raced again same result. more excuse making how he missed shifted. it went like tihs for two more races excuse after excuse.
so i told him "if you want something fast don't buy a car you have to take a second morgage out on your home to make run 12's" that pist him off. he claimed his del slow ran 12's B.S. i guess that means that mass air flow i put on my car cut a few seconds off then hahahahaha

God i hate imports THEY ARE NOT FAST withthe exception of the 3000gt vr 4

Members online

Back