What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

So as usual I drove my car to PA to pick up my rims. So I cross the free bridge into PA with message center claiming I have 9 miles of gas left in my tank.

A lil over a mile and a half or so I get to the Powder Coater and go inside for a few hours. Come out to leave when I hit the road the meter counts down form 9 to 0 in maybe a 1/2 mile or so?

Now not that I'm cheap but I sure am not going to pay over $4 for a GAL if 93 in PA when Phillipsburg has the stuff for $3.76 a GAL.

So I am driving with the 0 miles left on the screen up hill of course. I get to the gas station and there are so many cars on line I drive on past cause I know of 2 more stations about 2 miles or so from there? Of course get stuck behind some old lady that is stopping for all the Yellow lights, leaving me to wait for my car to run out of fuel at the light possibly :confused:

Anyway I made it but not the way I like stressing out the entire way :mad:

caprice, what kinda box are you going with? Those are DVC aren't they? 2, 4 or 8 ohm? I ask about the ohms because I figured you'd be running them in parallel and if 4 ohm, you'll be at 1.33 ohms like I am. I had to wire 2 of them in parallel and one in series with the other amp because it was only good for 2 ohms and having them wired like that, I was running the amp at 6 ohms. I'm hearing a big difference now with the Polk 1 ohm amp and the 3 subs being wired parallel.

Sealed to spec @ .7 after sub displacement. That gives me a qtc of .72 so they should sound pretty good.

I was going to get the s4's but there was some confusion on their rated rms (250 vs 275, no biggie) and I wanted dvc's so I could be more flexible in the future. So with that said they'll be wired to .67. :shifty: I ran my R's at the same ohmage so i'm hoping all will be well with these. The Alpines required all the power though, these don't. If I wire to 2.67 I'd be giving them rated (275x3), but seeing as how their underrated AND in a sealed enclosure i'm going to risk .67 and hope for some impedance rise @ or above 1 ohm. If my amp throws the protect light i'll just wire them @ the safe level.

removed another fun bag..wondered if I should replace the sway bar, sway bar bushings, or nothing but STRUTS at this time- just get it up and rolling
P3200216_zps1d7aaff2.jpg

Well check this $h!t out.

fender1.jpg

fender2.jpg

The future ex called this morning to tell me she "almost" hit a deer last night. Instead of hitting Bambi she tried to miss it and slid the damn Exploder into a tree :eek: I don't have collision on the Explorer so now I've got to get a fuggin fender and paint it. She's also got to get the front end lined up today because she called back after taking the kids to school and said the front end was making a noise and she had to turn the steering wheel to the right to keep it going straight. I'm not a happy camper... :mad:

fender1.jpg

fender2.jpg

That sucks
I hope taking care of your ex brings you some good karma.

Thanks. Me too. I've got to make sure she's got a vehicle so she can take care of the kids. She's going to order the fuel pump for the Cobra today so hopefully I can get it back up and running sometime next week. And hopefully the front end on the Explorer won't need any major repair$$$.

The future ex called this morning to tell me she "almost" hit a deer last night. Instead of hitting Bambi she tried to miss it and slid the damn Exploder into a tree :eek:
that sux bro, at least she knows deer hunting season already ended :p
----
so which comes first? fixn the FP or the fender?

Well check this $h!t out.

View attachment 828455039

View attachment 828455040

The future ex called this morning to tell me she "almost" hit a deer last night. Instead of hitting Bambi she tried to miss it and slid the damn Exploder into a tree :eek: I don't have collision on the Explorer so now I've got to get a fuggin fender and paint it. She's also got to get the front end lined up today because she called back after taking the kids to school and said the front end was making a noise and she had to turn the steering wheel to the right to keep it going straight. I'm not a happy camper... :mad:

I'd leave that fender just the way it is....

I can understand fixing the alignment or whatever it is, but if I were you, I'd let her drive it with a smashed fender. You don't HAVE to fix it for her....it's just as reliable with a smashed fender as without...

I can understand fixing the alignment or whatever it is, but if I were you, I'd let her drive it with a smashed fender. You don't HAVE to fix it for her....it's just as reliable with a smashed fender as without...

He's fixing it for himself. Chris only allowed her to use it until she gets the Cobra fixed. It's Chris's Explorer.

that sux bro, doesn't she know deer hunting season already ended? :p
----
so which comes first? fixn the FP or the fender?

:lol: I think the Cobra's getting fixed first. It's going to be cheaper and easier to do than the Exploder.

Yeah. But it's my Explorer. I'm just letting her use it as a spare vehicle in case the Cobra breaks (which it did...:rolleyes:)And I just found out that there something wrong with the power steering. She called and said all the fluid leaked out. So I'm going up there this afternoon after work to see WTF is wrong with it. I'm going to order the FP for the Cobra today and it should be here Tuesday. The Explorer will need an alignment and maybe some new suspension parts depending on how bad it is. And it will also need whatever it will take to fix the power steering along with the fender. If it's not one thing it's ten others...

He's fixing it for himself. Chris only allowed her to use it until she gets the Cobra fixed. It's Chris's Explorer.

What he said^^^ :)

:lol: I think the Cobra's getting fixed first. It's going to be cheaper and easier to do than the Exploder.

Yeah. But it's my Explorer. I'm just letting her use it as a spare vehicle in case the Cobra breaks (which it did...:rolleyes:)And I just found out that there something wrong with the power steering. She called and said all the fluid leaked out. So I'm going up there this afternoon after work to see WTF is wrong with it. I'm going to order the FP for the Cobra today and it should be here Tuesday. The Explorer will need an alignment and maybe some new suspension parts depending on how bad it is. And it will also need whatever it will take to fix the power steering along with the fender. If it's not one thing it's ten others...

What he said^^^ :)

Why not give her the exploder for the kids, and keep the Cobra? If you're looking to do her favors, not having to stuff a kid in the back of a Mustang would be 1. Besides that, the cobra will have slightly higher value for a sale,..and she's already wrecked the exploder.. I'd trade her titles and bid her a nice day

researching the forums on rear sway bar upgrade options, I def need new bushings- might as well go all the way...used t-bird solid, Addco 11/8'', or Addco 1 1/4''...seems like since most of my driving is highway the 1 1/8'' is the best choice to go along with the lowered coils

I've tinted the windows with 15% all the way around. Here is the a quick shot.

markviiitint.jpg

I also had a set of Magnaflow Magnapacks mufflers welded on. Here is a quick video of the sound. I love it!

MarkVII&Magnapacks - YouTube

Pulled the new battery that I left in my Mark since it's been parked and put it on a charger. Hate to lose that battery - it's not even 6 months old.

markviiitint.jpg

I also had a set of Magnaflow Magnapacks mufflers welded on. Here is a quick video of the sound. I love it!

Wow dude..is this the one that was just for sale on craigslist a week or two ago out west? That is one clean ass mark! Looks very nice with the tint. I don't know how nobody has mentioned it yet though..but you gotta do something about your backwards rear wheels! Switch those around!

Get some more pics up of your car asap!

Why not give her the exploder for the kids, and keep the Cobra? If you're looking to do her favors, not having to stuff a kid in the back of a Mustang would be 1. Besides that, the cobra will have slightly higher value for a sale,..and she's already wrecked the exploder.. I'd trade her titles and bid her a nice day

Believe me, I'd love to. But she won't have it. That Cobra is "hers" and she loves it more than she did me :D So she'd never agree to that. And it's in the separation agreement that because the Cobra is worth more than the Mark and the Explorer combined, she gets the Cobra because the title is in her name anyway and I get the other two. And I love my Exploder and I really want to keep it anyway. But now, I found out yesterday after looking it over that the steering worm and sector box is broken and it's hemorrhaging power steering fluid as fast as I can pour it in. So it's down for the count for a while. We just ordered the fuel pump for the Cobra yesterday so at least I'll have that car back on the road again soon. But for now, the only way she has to get around is her son's POS honda.

Ok, I didn't realize that you were keeping the Explorer. Makes sense now.

Yep. It's mine and I love it :)

markviiitint.jpg

Now that looks seriously awesome!

Wow dude..is this the one that was just for sale on craigslist a week or two ago out west? That is one clean ass mark! Looks very nice with the tint. I don't know how nobody has mentioned it yet though..but you gotta do something about your backwards rear wheels! Switch those around!

Get some more pics up of your car asap!

Yes, the same one.

Had not noticed till now that you mentioned it.......lol.......Ill swap them. Thanks

Believe me, I'd love to. But she won't have it. That Cobra is "hers" and she loves it more than she did me :D So she'd never agree to that. And it's in the separation agreement that because the Cobra is worth more than the Mark and the Explorer combined, she gets the Cobra because the title is in her name anyway and I get the other two. And I love my Exploder and I really want to keep it anyway. But now, I found out yesterday after looking it over that the steering worm and sector box is broken and it's hemorrhaging power steering fluid as fast as I can pour it in. So it's down for the count for a while. We just ordered the fuel pump for the Cobra yesterday so at least I'll have that car back on the road again soon. But for now, the only way she has to get around is her son's POS honda.

I hate to say it, but take it from a man who has been there.
Do as little as you can to help this woman.
Love your kids, let her fend for herself.
Have her fix her own dam car.
She smashed your truck, make her pay to get it fixed.
She is going to make you pay.....and pay......and pay.
Maybe she is nice or maybe she is taking advantage of you because of the kids.

Don't be nice, there is no good karma when it comes to divorce.
If she can't take care of the kids, you take care of them.
Not her car.

i hate to say it, but take it from a man who has been there.

Not her car.

+1

I hate to say it, but take it from a man who has been there.

Not her car.

I understand your point. And she will pay for my Exploder's fender and steering box and alignment when I get it all together. I just still have a hard time saying "no" to her :rolleyes:. But I guess I'd better start doing it. I'm hoping that the Mustang FP is the last major repair I'll have to do for a while. In a way I'm kinda glad the Exploder is out of commission for a while. That way, her irresponsible 22 year old son can't rag it out like he did the Explorer I gave him when he turned 18 and graduated high school :eek: Because when she has it, even though I tell her not to let him drive it, she does anyway. So now nobody can drive it :D But anyhoo, I'm going to get it towed to where I'm staying (my Grandma's house) this weekend and it will stay there until it's fixed or until she moves out of my house, whichever comes first.

We just ordered the fuel pump for the Cobra yesterday...
what kind did you go with?
---I have no experience with future ex wives or fixin their cars, just their houses...lucky for them they all escaped :p
---kids see everything though, including how adults treat one another

Members online

No members online now.
Back