1/4 mile times and kill stories

by you saying "import", that enquires everything thats not from the US. so i could say lambos, ferraris, aston martins, etc....

i think you meant to say ricers :p

those are classified as exotic super cars not just imports they are ina whole nother class

fast import NISSAN skyline
and no i think i ment imports not to be confused with exotic supercars

then that means our cars, dodge viper, camaros, corvettes, etc are considered exotic supercars to foreign people when to us... its just everyday life lol

camamros aren't considerd but the viper and vette are i beleive considered supercars. i was meaning along the line of general imports not the supercars you rarely see on the street.. my old ladies grandpa has an older lambo. ( i think he is an attorney or high paid accountant or something like that) i mena its cool for what it is but my cobra with the procharger on it waxed that exotic a$$. but yet its still a lambo

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
those are classified as exotic super cars not just imports they are ina whole nother class

fast import NISSAN skyline
and no i think i ment imports not to be confused with exotic supercars

or most other japanese turbo cars from the 90s.

stock for stock the skyline is slower than my VR4.

if a stock vr 4 is running low 14's there is something seriously wrong with it

my galant vr 4 i had ran low 14's to high 13's
the vr 4 is no joke they F@$&ing rip
what else turbo did they make in the 90's
ahhh 300z turbos were always good runners
but like i said there are only a few select ones. other wise you gotta give an arm or a leg to make it fast

95LSC32V said:
Stock VR4's run low 14's, I doubt the Skyline is slower...

13.72@99.14

stock 91 VR4. this was done with 60k on the clock.

Popular Mechanics went 13.44 with a stock 99 VR4. a michigan owner went 13.09 with a stock 96 stealth TT. the GTO MR ( slightly better gearing for drag than us spec cars and about 50-75 lbs lighter) have been known to go 12.8 stock.

in the 1/4 the GTO is slightly quicker/slightly slower depending on year/models being driven.

typically...the 3000 is quicker to the 1320, the GTR pulls ahead after that, then the 3000gt pulls at the end with its superior top speed.

the skyline is NOT the end all to japanese supercars. the ONLY reason there is a huge mystique behind it is we dont get it here. hence it is misunderstood and placed on a podium.

there is a soldier here at fort riley that had a sky line imported from japan but it doesn't have the same engine in it. and it had to go through some other mods to make it legal in the usa

MsM8tress said:

Funny, I can't think of a street race I've lost...cept to that cop...lol but you know how that goes. I know some of you rebels would have tried to dust him, but not this Hottie.

MsM8

Actually i dont? I usuially ask cops if they want to race, and half the time i get a race outa it. But it prolly has to do with me knowing most of them :)...or should i say, them knowing me ::eek::

MrWilson said:
Actually i dont? I usuially ask cops if they want to race, and half the time i get a race outa it. But it prolly has to do with me knowing most of them :)...or should i say, them knowing me ::eek::

back in my hometown we use to be able to play cat and mouse with the cops, givin the time was right and noone was on the streets, we got caught we got the ticket, we got away well no ticket . now they got a whole bunch of a$$holes for cops..........ahhhh the care free times

yes very much gone. I am only 25 and the cops we had growing up were the 'Let kids be kids" kinda cops. but if we really screwed up they did their job. but that is the advantage of growing up in a country town of 2000 people.

my dad told me about those times. his first car was a '68 GTO convertable. 400, hurst shifter. he played cat and mouse all the time.

he told me he meet a cop with a Dodge Coronet cruiser at a gas station who wanted to play cat and mouse. my dad checked under his hood and he had a 427. good thing he didnt fall for it.

when i was at the track .8th mile ther was a quad [4 wheeler] running in at 115 mph and a wheelie bar longer than the quad was now thats REDNECK RACIN'

Greenmachine said:
when i was at the track .8th mile ther was a quad [4 wheeler] running in at 115 mph and a wheelie bar longer than the quad was now thats REDNECK RACIN'

i believe it. a friend of mine has a quad that went head to head with an R1 up to about 120.

thats some scary :q:q:q:q right there

vr4 said:
i believe it. a friend of mine has a quad that went head to head with an R1 up to about 120.

thats some scary :q:q:q:q right there

Vr4 what is done to your vr4 and approx how much hp.

i know a guy who used to have a 91 stealth r/t with about 400hp,sounds like you have much more.

i loved that car of his,pearl white.

they are a good looking car even today,like our marks,but different of course.

got any good pics of it?

my avatar is whats left of it.

i didnt have much but i had alot sitting when it got rearended. i had upgraded turbos, fuel pump, clutch/flywheel, downpipe, coilovers, boost controller, and about 400 lbs removed from it.

it was enough to walk a BPU supra from a roll and keep up with a Z06. prolly around 350-375 to the wheels.

at the moment i have twin 18G turbos (good for approx 700WHP), aeromotive A1000 fuel pump, 720cc injectors, ported heads with 1mm oversize valves, 264 degree cams, and a few other power goodies.

sparco milano seats, sparco removable wheel, chromoly cage for the interior.

vr4 said:
my avatar is whats left of it.

i didnt have much but i had alot sitting when it got rearended. i had upgraded turbos, fuel pump, clutch/flywheel, downpipe, coilovers, boost controller, and about 400 lbs removed from it.

it was enough to walk a BPU supra from a roll and keep up with a Z06. prolly around 350-375 to the wheels.

at the moment i have twin 18G turbos (good for approx 700WHP), aeromotive A1000 fuel pump, 720cc injectors, ported heads with 1mm oversize valves, 264 degree cams, and a few other power goodies.

sparco milano seats, sparco removable wheel, chromoly cage for the interior.

just an fyi,the one my buddy had ,i was referencing 400hp at the crank.

a little less than yours i guess.

a group of us went out and raced this evening. little sunday fun
what we had
my 94 mark LMS MAF
95 gt mustang with flowmasters and off road x pipe
05 nissan 350Z w/ twin turbos full exhaust fully dyno tuned
92 supercoupe chip exhaust automatic

needless to say the 350Z was just plain f*$%ing nasty, it was fun to ride in, he whooped everyones a$$.anywyas here is how it went
i beat both the 5.0 and supercoupe from the stand still, i had to play alittle catchup with the 5.0 but i got him by a half a car length by the end of the quarter. 30 roll with the 5.0 was just ugly i got him by 1 1/2 lengths
the supercoupe got whooped by at least a length from the stand still, and from the 35 roll i got him by a length. but i did have to play a little catchup from 45-60.
and like i said the 350Z just stomped us all to the ground he did find a older gentleman in a c5 zo6 to mess around with on the highway that was pretty cool to watch but the 350z won i would say
yep good weekend fun

Nice. I also had a little Sunday fun. Ran into a mid 90s Integra GS-R, he wanted a 30 roll, I obliged and had him by a car by the top of my 2nd gear around 90. Easily took a 94-95 5.0 stang, had to play catch up off the launch but reeled him in at the end of 1st and didnt' stop pulling. I let a buddy of mine drive my SHO and walked away from it pretty easily from start to finish, since the SHO is hard to get a decent launch out of.

I also ran into an Eldorado ETC, it was some older guy but I got him to go anyway. He started pulling at about 20 and inched his way ahead, by the time he let off at 80 he had almost a car on me.

On my way home I ran into a guy I know who has a 66 or so Nova with a blown big block and yeah I got up to about 20mph before he let off about 4 buslengths in front of me. It's also sprayed, he didn't waste it on me though. On the bottle it's been in the 9s at the Roswell strip.

You know, it's kinda funny, but I don't rember the wins... but I never forget the losses, I got dusted by a Beemer a few months back, but he at least knew I was there...

I like threads like this. Not a Mark but a looong time ago I raced my friend in a 90 240SX 5 speed stock when I was stock and raped him like nobodys business. After about 3 car lenghts I think he let up cause he fell way behind. That is the only person I have ever raced in this car. I used to own a 96 Integra GSR so I know how fast they are. Good to hear the Mark won but you would be surprised how many owners of that car don't know how to race it properly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back