BBK Mustang long tubes install Bets?

Thanks.

Mildly surprised at the bang for buck factor on the long tube/exhaust.
6 tenths is a lot more then I would have guessed.
Great info!!

Make me want to get some full length headers on my Mark more than ever now!

Little update. I really wanted to be driving the car but my new muffs and ball and sockets won't be in for a week. I have these 2.25 inch aluminized steel cheapy Dynomax turbo muffs that where month old and to dronny for dude so he gave them to me free. I just welded them right on and tacked on tips so no more fumes in car.
000_1524.jpg

I blacked out the muffs but camera would not take nice pic of them for some reason.
000_1539.jpg

000_1531.jpg

Grade: I give these muffs 2 THUMBS DOWN. Way quiet barely hear the nice engine growl. It is nice and super quiet in cabin but I can feel HP lose.

I just can't get into the FE stuff, its neat but cost way too much for what it is.QUOTE]

I can remember a time when you could buy a 427 SOHC engine with 2 x 4V carbs for 1,500.00 each. Wish I would have bought every one of them. I saw one on ebay the other day for 45,000.00

I just can't get into the FE stuff, its neat but cost way too much for what it is.QUOTE]

I can remember a time when you could buy a 427 SOHC engine with 2 x 4V carbs for 1,500.00 each. Wish I would have bought every one of them. I saw one on ebay the other day for 45,000.00

You remember what the sellers name was? The guy I know that has the 2 new crate SOHC's is selling them from what I was told?

Got to finally wrap up the complete exhaust job. This stuff came in couple days ago from Mandrel Exh. Those guys are great and cheap! Got 2 sets of ball and sockets and the 24 inch rear muff delete pipes with sockets on end and some more hangers all for $50 to my door.

000_1655.jpg

Had to trim length of tail pipes and balls. There now tacked on ready for burn on.

000_1657.jpg

Here are the muffs with sockets and stubs tacked on. Then shot of street muff exh and track rear muff detete tails.

000_1662.jpg

000_1665.jpg

I wanted to be cheap and make the tips modular so made these .187 thick nut plates. Tapped 10-32

000_1673.jpg

Also the tips drilled and added the 3/8 hole so I can shoot mig thru hole to tack the nut plates to tails.

000_1674.jpg

Heres both shots street then race.
000_1677.jpg

000_1681.jpg

000_1680.jpg

000_1672.jpg

I was getting DRONE and fumes in car on way to track with no tails thats why I made up the track pipes. Car sounds sweet now with street exh on. I can drive by cops no worries but if wacked it opens up.

I asked the same question earlier in the progress, it will not come out withe the headers in place.

sorry about that. i read through the whole thing but must have missed your post... thinking about doing some long tubes on a customers car but would make getting the trans out a major pain :( thank you

since he has deep pockets why not just put kooks 3/4 length on it instead of fighting to make some fit, the kooks fit, thats whats on my mark and i still got the trans out a few weeks ago, it wasnt fun but i did it!

since he has deep pockets why not just put kooks 3/4 length on it instead of fighting to make some fit, the kooks fit, thats whats on my mark and i still got the trans out a few weeks ago, it wasnt fun but i did it!

thinking about that as well. i wish i had done them when the engine was out but at the time i didn't know kooks made some... lol

Update: Car just went 13.31@102.5 only change march 1158 Damper and 12.5 A/F ratio.

Thats no skinny front tires and no cheater slicks out back thru muffs no cut outs. Real drag radials Nitto 555R's small 245-45-17's.

Computer #'s are saying 341-353 HP at CRANK. I never even took a valve cover off this engine.

Update: Car just went 13.31@102.5 only change march 1158 Damper and 12.5 A/F ratio.

Thats no skinny front tires and no cheater slicks out back. Real drag radials Nitto 555R's small 245-45-17's.

Computer #'s are saying 341-353 HP at CRANK. I never even took a valve cover off this engine.

1993 model? w3z2 computer? wow!

ALL the AJE pieces are NIGHTMARES to fit, they are very poorly engineered inho. They work, they are light but the fitment is terrible. BTW LOVE the BBC in a Ford!!

ALL the AJE pieces are NIGHTMARES to fit, they are very poorly engineered inho. They work, they are light but the fitment is terrible. BTW LOVE the BBC in a Ford!!

Are the AJE comments on K-members made for mk8's? My AJE K in my mustang fit mint,no probems what so ever. Thanks the BBC was a huge great deal on a sweet engine I could not pass up. Always wanted a big, big block but in no way wanted to spend 20K on one.

Members online

Back