visteon coils

My car is running better than ever!
Besides 8 Visteon coils+ Motorcraft plugs, I also changed the cabin air filter and replaced the intake with a K&N. I still have stock exhaust and suspension but im very happy with my lil tune up. :)

The parts division of Ford Motor Co split from the company about 15 years ago. They still manufacture parts for Ford, and operate as Visteon outside the U.S.
Visteon also operates as Visteon inside the US, but they're mostly behind the scenes; essentially, Visteon is to Ford what Delphi is to GM, a spun-off parts operation (as noted above). They're more known for automotive electronics than for mechanical parts, but they are a major parts and assemblies supplier to Ford.

COP Crap

Was reading today on some jag forums (they seem to have more info on the effing timing chain BS I'm facing) and a poster there said regarding COPs, "...these seem to have broken down well before the manufacturer-recommended 100k mile replacement interval." WTF? Mine went at 90k miles. This is the first i've heard or read on schedule replacement of COPs. Yikes.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, more like clearly under engineered.
Limey bastages.

My car is running better than ever!
Besides 8 Visteon coils+ Motorcraft plugs, I also changed the cabin air filter and replaced the intake with a K&N. I still have stock exhaust and suspension but im very happy with my lil tune up. :)

Can you use the K&N? Or are you using it dry. I was informed awhile ago that the wet filters mess up the MAS so shouldn't be used. Just curious. Thanks

I replaced all the COP's last night. - Visteon's...... Ran good so far. Time will tell. Thanks

Can you use the K&N? Or are you using it dry. I was informed awhile ago that the wet filters mess up the MAS so shouldn't be used. Just curious. Thanks

I've been using it for over 2 years with no issues. I don't use it dry, I use it as recommended. I have cleaned and re-oiled it once with no ill effects. Just follow the instructions.

OK Thanks. Originally my uncle had the car and had the K&N in there, but took it out and replaced the MAS because some of his friends from parts distributors, other shops, and tool guys all seemed to be saying the same thing - MAS & K&N DON'T play well together. So, he changed it out and told me to never use it in there when I bought it from him.

Visteon does have a plant in Hungary:

Alba Plant
Visteon Hungary Kft
8000 Szekesfehervar
Aszalvolgyi ut 9-11
Hungary

Which makes ignition coils according to my past Detroit friends. Can't confirm if it makes our coils though.

Here are the pics from the latest batch of Dealer sourced coils which are China based. On the bottom of the mounting leg is cast FoMoCo.

DSCN1053.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

DSCN1055.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

Visteon does have a plant in Hungary:

Alba Plant
Visteon Hungary Kft
8000 Szekesfehervar
Aszalvolgyi ut 9-11
Hungary

Which makes ignition coils according to my past Detroit friends. Can't confirm if it makes our coils though.

Here are the pics from the latest batch of Dealer sourced coils which are China based. On the bottom of the mounting leg is cast FoMoCo.

I think I'd buy Hungarian sourced coils before China sourced......

No, I KNOW I would!

same here...that's why I brought back the 'chinese' Motocraft DG-529's...and picked up the 'hungarian' Visteons...saved $200 of my coin

trust european fingers touching 'my coil' more than chinese ones....you know....with SARS, STD's and sh*t running around ;)

etc failsafe leaving driveway yesterday.
used torque and bt adapter to find the codes

P2107: Throttle Actuator Control Module Processor
P2110: Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited RPM

will buy these visteon asap, thanks for this VERY TIMELY thread.
instead of wasting time trying to figure out which one it is, imma just replace all at once and inspect for oil seepage.

is there a certain brand spark plug i should buy as well? i might as well replace plugs too.

thanks guise.

Some prefer oem and stay with Motorcraft. I am giving NGK Platinum Series a try this time mainly because I got a steal on them from my friend at a parts store who gave me his discount. I only have 400,miles on them so it is tough for me to give a fair review of them.

Got mine yesterday. Look just like motorcraft ones! By the way, lighting fast shipping! Placed my order friday around 2pm received monday around 11am.

Yeah got mine in a day.

They look high quality as well. You get plugs??

I am using the NGK Iridium's currently. For the price of the Visteon's, it is worth the purchase for a rainy day if they do work well. I will be looking forward to feedback from u and Black after about 10,000 miles.

I was surprised when I pulled out the plugs and saw them being NGK's. Especially after I called the dealer and asked about the OEM and they gave me the Motocraft number.

So far though, about 1k on the Visteon COP's and no problems. ( Knock on wood )

Bump. Any more updates/feedback?

Might need to pick these up very soon :shifty:

You having some misfires again?

I didnt get a chance to install mine yet but will soon.

You having some misfires again?

I didnt get a chance to install mine yet but will soon.

Yeah, had a slight miss on the freeway at around 120km/h (75mph) while on cruise control, slight incline in the road. Could feel it, and even see the RPMs going +/- 100.

Also happened in the city few days ago, exact same thing. I had a few more a month ago when it was also really cold. I guess she just doesn't like the cold weather too much :D

Members online

Back