visteon coils

I am using the NGK Iridium's currently. For the price of the Visteon's, it is worth the purchase for a rainy day if they do work well. I will be looking forward to feedback from u and Black after about 10,000 miles.

Car runs like a raped ape on these new coils and plugs.

It even seems to shift better. If you look at my rough idle thread youll notice i had some no name ebay coils in there before. Had no idea i thought i had originals.

Anyways...jump on these coils. I may buy another set just to keep them in storage for an emergency.

Glad to hear. I think I'll put in an order soon, hopefully before they sell out.

Car runs like a raped ape on these new coils and plugs.

It even seems to shift better. If you look at my rough idle thread youll notice i had some no name ebay coils in there before. Had no idea i thought i had originals.

Anyways...jump on these coils. I may buy another set just to keep them in storage for an emergency.
so you've had ebay coils this whole time(since you bought the car)? or did you put them in?

where and how much for visteon coils? any other preferences on plugs?
eBay. $180.

so you've had ebay coils this whole time(since you bought the car)? or did you put them in?

eBay. $180.

Ive never changed the coils.

They were in there when i bought the car. LOL.

Visteon does have a plant in Hungary:

Alba Plant
Visteon Hungary Kft
8000 Szekesfehervar
Aszalvolgyi ut 9-11
Hungary

Which makes ignition coils according to my past Detroit friends. Can't confirm if it makes our coils though.

Here are the pics from the latest batch of Dealer sourced coils which are China based. On the bottom of the mounting leg is cast FoMoCo.

These are the same that the dealer put in when two were replaced under warranty. About the same time you had these.

need some coils for mine too... mechanic told me my coil is spiking and causing the PCM to fail or something ( the reason my car shuts off at higher speeds? ) been reading and looks like i should pick up the set of the visteons. can someone send me a link where they got theirs? i need all 6 for my v6 obv... Link would be greatly appreciated. and how long was shipping
thanks.

For what this is worth, the other day I was messing around with my head unit and noticed a visteon sticker.

Don't know what it's on, but it's below the cigarette lighter. The one pic is zoomed out and the other pick is closer obviously.

I also ordered from parts for my rear suspension on Tasca and the parts have "made in United Kingdom" printed on them

visteon1.jpg

visteon.jpg

So I'm better off buying these visteons before buying duralast from autozone

So I'm better off buying these visteons before buying duralast from autozone

Unless it's an emergency on the weekend and you need to drive a long distance, avoid the ones from AZ. Can't wait to pick my set up when the time is right.

In regards to other stuff being Visteon. I have to check, but IIRC my dealer installed remote start might say Visteon on the box.

The sticker under the hood by the radiator says visteon on it.

Yes they are freaking amazing.

motorcraft quality for ebay price.

Yes they are freaking amazing.

motorcraft quality for ebay price.

Where does the Motorcraft quality come from? I just had 6 coils replaced under warranty, in the last month. The first two started missing with over 41,000 mi. and no apparent reason was found for their failure. Less than a week later another one on the other bank started missing. I'm not sure if they missed it the first time or as it was written up, it was because they found traces of water leaking in.
I don't think that speaks well of Motorcraft quality. Of course I can't say there is a better alternative either.

Where does the Motorcraft quality come from? I just had 6 coils replaced under warranty, in the last month. The first two started missing with over 41,000 mi. and no apparent reason was found for their failure. Less than a week later another one on the other bank started missing. I'm not sure if they missed it the first time or as it was written up, it was because they found traces of water leaking in.
I don't think that speaks well of Motorcraft quality. Of course I can't say there is a better alternative either.

They're better than any of the other eBay coils.

Motorcraft are the aftermarket coils, not the OEM coils put on the vehicle at assembly.

Which coils are installed from the dealer then??

Probably Visteon, as are many of the production line electrics for the DEW98.

Production line parts are sold as what is known as "blue boxed", standard cardboard boxes with what was blue lettering, now stick on labels with black lettering but blue surrounds.

Motorcraft is the "aftermarket" parts sold over the counter generally as a less expensive sales item. In some applications you can only get "blue boxed" parts, in other applications both are available, and in still others, only the Motorcraft line will be available over the counter.

Walk up to the Ford parts counter and say you want front brake pads for a 2009 vehicle. Ask the price difference between the production line pads and the Motorcraft pads.

As noted by Maxx, the brake pads for the LS are interesting. Red box Motorcraft are semi-metallic, blue box are ceramic. Go figure.

Also, there have been several coil design revisions since the initial build. I think something like 5 revisions on the old part number (got up to -E, right?) and recently an entirely new part number.

The original front pads were (if I remember for 10 years ago) Akebono while the rear were from my old company and sold as Ferodo. Akebono uses Potassium Titianate fibers for reinforcement hence the "ceramic" designation. The other 15 or so ingredients are common to many friction compounds.

All of the Motorcraft brake parts are sourced through Federal-Mogul, and while F-M also markets as Wagner in the aftermarket, the Motorcraft formulations in general are different. Providing a potassium reinforced friction material makes for an expensive product, so most of the aftermarket materials from all companies that are called "ceramic" have either a low proportion of PT in it, or they use another ceramic fiber as an add in, that is unless your paying a price as high as the blue box parts.

Go Time

Just pulled the trigger on a set. Replaced mine piecemeal back at 90k miles and now at 127k, every other week I get one going bad. First cylinder 3, then 4, now another. Oddly none of the Visteons has gone bad, the "no name" COPs have been the ones failing. I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have done all Visteons back then.

So motorcraft makes visteon, visteon cop>motorcraft cop and cheaper too?

Members online

No members online now.
Back