visteon coils

been discussed before, too busy to look for the thread now. Ill post back if i find it at some point.

I just had to buy coils and after some research, I went with the Visteon's for $179 shipped. The cheapest set on Ebay were around $80. The cheapest price I found on a set of Motorcraft coils was around $360 from Rockauto. Fordparts.com lists them for around $90($720 for a set!!)

The parts division of Ford Motor Co split from the company about 15 years ago. They still manufacture parts for Ford, and operate as Visteon outside the U.S. I hope that means that the coils they sell are made to the exact same specs as Motorcraft coils sold in the U.S.

I'll post back here in a few days when the parts come in. I got the Motorcraft plugs and cabin air filter from Rockauto..still waiting on the coils from Alanisdeals on Ebay.

Last edited:
I will just post a caution about eBay and shadow sources as I spent three decades working for a auto supplier to all the manufacturers. We had a huge problem as did Ford with counterfeit products in the marketplace. And the counterfeiters were so good that both of us went to very, very detailed tells on the parts and the boxes in order to tell our products during warranty claims.

Yes, Visteon is a supplier to Ford.

Ivan_d let us know if they are good, if they are then this will be the perfect replacement to our coil issues with this car.

Thanks. I'm about to go through the same "adventure" myself soon. I have been reading up on this, along with thumbing through the dealer shop manual I have. My concern is that a few of the posts I've come across had issues with the wires being reversed. Please let us know how it goes and if there was any issues like that. also, do they come with boots or would I need to purchase those separate? Many thanks! mot

they come with boots, this is supposed to be a direct replacement so wires should be fine. but hey the euro drive on the wrong side of the road so anything is possible.

I've had them for 35,000 miles and they are solid so far. Yes, they come with boots and seem to be a perfectly fine replacement part. The only reason I had one shorting out recently was oil in the plug well.

Looks like ill be buying these....just got an ETC failsafe mode pulling into my apt.

Have a CEL as well.

After giving it a few days to be sure, I'm sure that my car is making more power with the new plugs & coils. I must have had a gradual loss prior to noticing symptoms. I only had a CEL pop on once, while accellerating at highway speed. It never came back on but the car shuttered or hesitated during accelleration until getting the new parts

Last edited:
I've had them for 35,000 miles and they are solid so far. Yes, they come with boots and seem to be a perfectly fine replacement part. The only reason I had one shorting out recently was oil in the plug well.

Interesting. Might have to get a set of these as well.

I hope that means that the coils they sell are made to the exact same specs as Motorcraft coils sold in the U.S.

are you sure about that? because I'm not too impressed with all of the Motorcraft coils that i have replaced.

Could you explain that more?

whats to explain futher, ford OEM coils for the LS are notorious for breaking down internally, end of story. regardless of if they made a new model to replace the bad ones, a whole lot of motorcraft coils where made like sh!t and wouldnt hold up. therefore i'm am not impressed with the quality standards of motorcraft coils.

And were they the older DG515 or the newer replacement DG529?
couldn't tell you, ive gotten a couple from a local dealer, a couple from max, and a couple from on line (non oem) and they all last about the same.

I bought from same seller and paid around $130 (don't remember brand) about a year ago. The car purrs like a kitten. Don't know about the future but you still can't beat his current price. I refuse to pay OEM prices. I was getting FAIL SAFE, a couple of times, and no CEL. The car would "buck" upon accelleration. I did change the plugs as well. The car only had 46,000 miles at the time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back