Lost of water leaking in...

cableguynoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
With all the rain we've had these past few days, the LS just started leaking water on the passanger side. It actually drips down at the point where my finger is... my carpet is soaked! :(

But i cant figure out if it's coming from the corner of the windshield of from the door. There's nothing i can see that would allow the water in.

Has anyone also had this leak? If so, can you point me in the right direction to try to get this fixed?

0123100923.jpg

Do you have a moon roof? If so, there is a gutter drain hose that runs to each corner of the car. At each corner, there is a connection where the hose connects to a drain hose that runs down the corner. Your drain hose has pulled loose at that corner.

Do you have a moon roof? If so, there is a gutter drain hose that runs to each corner of the car. At each corner, there is a connection where the hose connects to a drain hose that runs down the corner. Your drain hose has pulled loose at that corner.

exactly.

I had to rig up an extension to put on that hose to keep it from puling apart in the future.

im having that same problem, to get to that area do you have to take off the a-pillar? and if so do you just pull it off?

im having that same problem, to get to that area do you have to take off the a-pillar? and if so do you just pull it off?

You have to remove the A-pillar, the sun visor, and the passenger grab handle. You can then pull down the headliner enough to see where the tub attaches. I reattached mine and secured it with a nylon zip tie.

Yes, you pull it back and it will pop right off. It's held in there by three or two clips. Just be careful so they don't brake off.

Edit:Almost forgot. There are two openings at the corner of the dashboard that the buttom of the pillar goes into. So, once you have it loose, you have pull the pillar UP.

I'm having trouble removing the sun visor. I have removed the screw on the left side but I can seem to remove the cover on the right side (I'm working on the passenger's side). Any tips to remove this cover?

I'm having trouble removing the sun visor. I have removed the screw on the left side but I can seem to remove the cover on the right side (I'm working on the passenger's side). Any tips to remove this cover?

CAREFULLY pry the cover off using a flathead. There are 3 screws under the cover.

CAREFULLY pry the cover off using a flathead. There are 3 screws under the cover.

Ok, I got it. Removed the grab handle and I can clearly see the water leaking but where exactly am I looking for these drain tubes? Low and behold it's raining right now so I'm going to pick-up on this tommorrow afternoon probably. When I locate these tubes I think I will be in business.

Stand outside the car while you pry the headliner down. You will see a rubber hose where the end of it should be facing you and a nipple where it attaches to facing away from you. You can't miss it.

Dis' unted times, I's had had LOST of whauter lick'in in da's mach 8.:drunk::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spell check ownage sorry!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Finally fixed it today!! I was looking for a slim drain tube, so that's probably why I didn't see the tube at first. This forum was a life saver. Thanks for the info

+1 on the gutter drain hose. Happened to me, i wrapped some wire ties around the hoses and haven't had a problem since.

hey when we go to the meet on the 18th, will you guys helpme fix my drain hose lmao....

Hi Guys, I'm a noobie to this forum so be gentle. I was reading this forum with much interest as I have much the same problem except in my case the tube/tubes must be plugged up. After a lot of rain I get that dripping out of and down the A-pillar, water running into the small junk tray at the bottom of the door ect. Only if I open the roof and reach my fingers up over the lip of the front of the opening I find the channel full of water. Doesn't seem to be draining out as it should. How many total tubes are there and where is the discharge end so I can blow them out? In case it matters my LS is a '04.
Thanks for the help,
Gary

Last edited:
Four tubes, one from each corner.
Some folks have used bleach or other harsh cleaners to clear them. You should be incredibly careful with something like that, as there's a good chance it'll end up in your passenger compartment.

Condensed Version

Just helped a friend with this. Thanks.
Here's a clean read of it.

Lincoln LS Moonroof drain leak fix

Do you have a moon roof? If so, there is a gutter drain hose that runs to each corner of the car. At each corner, there is a connection where the hose connects to a drain hose that runs down the corner. Leaks commonly are caused by your drain hose pulling loose at the connection at that corner. To get to that area you have to take off the a-pillar trim.
To remove the A-pillar trim you pull it back and it will pop right off. It's held in there by three clips. Just be careful so they don't break off. There are two openings at the corner of the dashboard that the bottom of the pillar trim goes into. So, once you have it loose, you have to pull the pillar trim UP.
You also have to remove the sun visor which can be a bit tricky. Remove the screw on the left side then CAREFULLY pry the cover off using a flathead. There are 3 screws under the cover.
Then remove the passenger grab handle. At this point you can pull down the headliner enough to see where the tubes connect. Stand outside the car while you pry the headliner down. You will see a rubber hose where the end of it should be facing you and a nipple where it attaches facing away from you. You can't miss it. I reattached mine and secured it with a nylon zip tie.

Just had a go at this, and failed to accomplish anything..

All I saw was a golden/brown tube about 1/2" in diameter, in the middle of my a-pillar cover, about 6 inches long at most. No rubber hoses anywhere, nothing.

What am I missing here? :confused:

I couldn't see much up there, as the headliner barely moved.. it seemed fragile as I pulled it down a little, so I was afraid to pull on it any more.

My leak is exactly where OP points to on the picture, but on the driver's side. I'm assuming the tubes would be the same on both sides?

Maybe a picture showing the exact location of the tubes would help.

Sit on your console and put your head through the sunroof. You then have view into the headliner without yanking it down and ruining it.

Members online

Back