longtimemarkviiilover IS A SCAMMER

k9t8m

Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
I know this is in the wrong section but I feel that the more people that know about this, the more people I can help protect.

I swore I would never publicly do this but I have come to my breaking point.

On 10-20 I sold longtimemarkviiilover (dennis morey) parts from a 98 LSC I was parting out, as some of you might remember. The parts I sold him were the following:

Black Gen 2 complete center console with good cup holder assy
Lighting control Module
FPDM Module
Right and Left Headlight Housings
Wood dash radio trim bezel.

I sold these parts for $200 including shipping, and shipped them the exact same day as I was paid, which I thought was more than fair. Ad most of you know the parts listed above are worth WELL more than what I ended up selling them for.

Just to make things clear here are pictures of what was sold:

6sdmdi.jpg

fuc5f4.jpg

28qrmuq.jpg

2m3i8p2.jpg

1zft00h.jpg

b8mxx4.jpg

2s822dd.jpg

These are the distinctive markings on some of the parts, notice the notch in the woodgrain, and how the oe headlights had been modified to use a standard low beam bulb

sw606q.jpg

1gqiqp.jpg

Like I said I shipped the items to the seller on 10-20-09.

Proof of shipment: (circled in blue are the items, I shipped more than one thing to more than one seller at the same post office visit, so sue me)

30hn0h2.jpg

nnrux5.jpg

2enq043.jpg

2zq4dpi.jpg

2pt1eko.jpg

Okay now that we have that out of the way I can go on with my dealings with longtimemarkviiilover. First off I gave him one heck of a deal on the parts, and after we decided on a price he didnt want to pay the actual shipping costs so I got a shipping quote from the USPS, which I had never used to send large packages before. Having never shipped with them before I did not realize that every transaction doesnt get a tracking number like you get with UPS. You also dont get delivery conformation for free like you get with ups. Your items are also not insured unless you pay extra, UPS insures packages up to $99 for free. So me already selling the parts for less, plus having to eat the shipping costs myself I decided I didnt need anything extra (again not knowing at the time the packages did not have tracking numbers).

I shipped the Items on 10-20 and the post office says 5 days and they would be at the buyers address. 5 days came and went. longtimemarkviiilover emails me immediately calling me a scammer and every name under the sun. If anyone would like to see those PM's sent by longtimemarkviiilover I would be more than happy to post them in the entirety with absolutely no editing (just covering my @ss). At this point I am appologetic, but assure the buyer that the items were shipped and that it was out of my hands. A couple more days go by and I get another nasty email accusing me of everything but shipping the parts. By this point I am getting VERY upset and decided to take pictures of the actual USPS recipt (posted above) and send them to the buyer, assuring him that they had been sent. After 7 days and still no packages I go into the post office and talk to the post master about what to do. She tells me that there is nothing to worry about and the larger boxes are sometimes harder to handle and can take some time to deliver. I go back home and email longtimemarkviiilover exactly what she told me and I assume everything is fine and we would just wait it out.

Boy way I wrong!!!! After only 7 days after I was paid, which was the same day I shipped the items longtimemarkviiilover opened a dispute with paypal. He called me all kinds of names and accuses me of fraud etc. So I attached a picture of the recipt to paypal and basically write the series of events that had led to that point.

I thought I was in the clear, the post office assured me they had been delivered, I had a copy of the recipt, I didnt really think I needed anymore proof, but guess what? WRONG AGAIN!!!!!

After only 2 days after the dispute was open (which is now 10-29-09) paypal rules in favor of longtimemarkviiilover and immediately takes the $200 from my account and credits the buyer and closes the dispute.

So my next step was to call paypal's helpline and see if I had any recourse. They assure me that if they can get conformation from the post office that the packages were delivered I might be able to get my money back. GREAT!!!

I went to the post office, she tells me to wait until the 20 days after they were shipped, just to make sure they didnt get lost and she would help me out.

So on 11-16-09 I go into the post office and talk to the post master and she calls the gloversville NY postmaster and he tells me he will ask the carrier if he remembers delivering the packages and would call me back the following day.

I get a call back yesterday 11-17-09 and the postmaster assures me that the packages were delivered to the address longtimemarkviiilover gave me. the carrier distinctively remembers delivering the packages because they were larger packages than what he is used to. I then ask the post master If I could get confirmation that they arrived, and he tells me that if there is a problem with paypal they can contact him directly and he will be as much help as possible.

Fast forward to today 11-18-09 and I call the paypal hotline again and go through the whole story one more time. Of course paypal tells me that they cannot do anything unless they have online confirmation that the packages arrived, which I could not give them since I didnt know I had to pay extra for that service.

That leaves me to where I am at today. I am out my parts, I am out my $200, and I am out my labor to pull the parts from the parts car.

longtimemarkviiilover bought my parts, recieved my parts, opened a dispute with paypal, got his money back, and is trying to sell MY parts on ebay, all while acting like I am the scammer.

To prove just how honest this person Is here is a link to a couple of his ebay itmes, which by the way look very familiar to me. He also has some headlights on ebay which could have been mine that have been wetsanded and buffed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c0e1033f0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MARK...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c0e00e861

When I contacted him about similar parts on ebay he told me "I am parting out 7 mark viii's and I bought these for my personal car" Why on earth would he buy my parts for his personal car when he already has the same parts and in better shape to boot? My guess is to scam me and sell the parts at a HUGE profit.

This person is EXTREMELY dishonest and should not be trusted.

Like I said I never thought I would ever do this to anyone, but he treated me so badly, and screwed me so bad that he deserves this and so much more.

Thank you very much if you took the time to read this. I wanted to post this story over a month ago, but wanted to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt, but we all know how that one turned out.

I talked to paypal again tonight and they tell me to "work it out with the buyer outside of paypal". I know that the seller wont send me my money or my parts back, so the next best thing I can do is warn others how shady he is.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think twice before you buy or sell anything to this person!!!!!

For those of you that dont know me I have been here for a long time, I am a REAL person, MY post count didnt get to 2200 overnight. I think if i were a scammer I would have left a long time ago, and Im sure many of you here will vouch for me that I am not lieing.

however I am not a new member with a post count of 47 who goes around accusing everyone of charging too much for parts and overall making this place a scary place to come to, just for the fact that longtimemarkviiilover might have posted.

unreal man. but he has the balls to jump inside my motor for sale thread thread and tell me how i should do things with my parts. hey dennis, maybe the smartest thing you could do is leave this website. sorry to find out that has happened to you chris. thats why i hate paypal.

I could have told you he was a scammer before you ever dealt with him... that really sucks Chris.... I'll shoot you a couple bucks mang cause you got :q:q:q:qed royally...

your a very respected member here and i'm disappointed this has transpired.

What a scumbag! That's why I can't wait to be a lawyer....to bring scum like that to justice. You can go after him for fraud, especially since the postmaster can vouch for the delivery of the package and you have the receipt tying you to the package. Then he will get a record and still be forced to pay you back.

See, people think I'm ridiculous when I conduct any business because I expect EVERYTHING in writing. If they make a promise, I say I want it in writing with your signature. When sending stuff I not only take pictures, and video, but I take pictures of the item going into the box at the place of shipment (usps, ups, or fed ex) and then I always get a tracking number and insurance to cover the cost of the shipment. That way no matter what I'm covered.

Amusingly I learned a tough ironic lesson too. My wife listed my Law book on Amazon and someone bought it. Three months later we found out they claimed they never got it but we know they did because I check tracking numbers daily to ensure it is delivered. By three months time I no longer had the tracking number so I was out $80. Can you imagine being stiffed on a business law book when you are conducting business and going to school for law?!

After that I became so f'n anal retentive about shipping the buyer has no ground to stand on if they try to screw me.

I've always said when it comes to business trust no one, not even your own family!

delivery confirmation is worth the extra few cents. In our side business (selling chicken eggs online), we have to use the USPS as they are the only ones that will ship eggs and chickens for us and the delivery confirmation has saved our bacon several times. I gladly pay the del conf fee as USPS WILL lose a package on a frighteningly regular basis. If we get someone who starts crying about shipping, we box the eggs as we would ship them and give the customer an accurate weight. We then tell them to go to their shipper of choice and purchase the appropriate postage online then mail us the shipping label. That way if something goes wrong, it's their baby. I absolutely despise the USPS, once my package leaves my local PO. Sorry this d'bag decided to screw you over...but fwiw, drag paypal and this goob into small claims court and bring a signed affidavit from the carrier that delivered the packages (if you can drag paypal into court) or just call it a lesson learned and move on.

Sorry to hear about this. First he gets an AMAZING deal on the parts and then accuses you of not shipping it to him......WOW. Hope you can get it sorted out but by the looks of this, I don't think they will do much.

Wow sorry to hear that man:( that guy is a Dbag what goes around comes around...

That is really messed up! Paypal is a JOKE as well I hate those A$$H@L&$ with a passion. They did the almost the same thing to me on one of my Ebay auctions. Everyone please look out for this guy! Joey please ban this guy! They price you sold them for was REALLY generous.

thanks for the looking out. he was just trying to sell me some :q:q:q:q for my carInvoice
dennis morey
15 n.judson st. apt 1
gloversville, NY 12078
United States
morey1982@live.com
Qty Description Unit Price Amount
1 TAN DRIVER DOOR PANEL 50.00 50.00
1 TAN PASSENGER DOOR PANEL 50.00 50.00
1 DRIVER SIDE HEADLIGHT 150.00 150.00
1 DRIVER BOTTOM SEAT CUSHION 40.00 40.00
Subtotal: 290.00
Shipping: 85.00
Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $375.00 USD

#1 I don't use Paypal. The seller is almost always screwed in these situations no matter what proof you have. When I did use Paypal I had a dummy account set up and moved the money to the real account ASAP. Rules changed so I don't use them or Ebay (selling) anymore.

#2 If it is over $50 I use signature confirmation. Delivery confirmation can and will fail but I have never had a signature confirmation get screwed up.

#3 The person must insure the item being shipped if over $50. I simply won't sell to you otherwise as I refuse to be screwed.

If you follow these rules, especially with unknown buyers, you should be alright.

If I were you I would file a complaint with your states attorney General office. Paypal is under pressure and the more evidence against them the better.

k9t8m@yahoo.com

That is Chris' paypal... lets get him back his money, we all know how much it would suck to be in his situation... and the odds of him getting anything out of this tool is slim to none...

It must be very easy to profit off selling parts when you steal them!

Yeah I think you should get a hold of a moderator so this guy can be kicked out, I contacted him when this guys started talking :q:q:q:q on the thread that I sold my wheels on. I'm glad I didn't sell my wheels to him. Sorry this happen to you. This guys a piece of Crap and should be banned, Get a hold of a moderator because he is also selling tons of parts on this site.

His name has come up on LVC before. It's that (among other user names) big red apple.

I thought that was the same guy. Too bad i didnt realize it until it was too late

k9t8m@yahoo.com

That is Chris' paypal... lets get him back his money, we all know how much it would suck to be in his situation... and the odds of him getting anything out of this tool is slim to none...

It must be very easy to profit off selling parts when you steal them!

I really appreciate that brandon, but it is not necessary. I have accepted that my time and money has been lost and Im not trying to get my money back. I just want to protect fellow members from this guy.

I wonder if there is a way to warn people bidding on his ebay items of his fraudulent nature?

Chris I know you would never ask for a dime from anyone.... but I know exactly how I would feel if I were you...

I wonder if you could get his eBay account flagged for selling stolen stuff... that is essentially what your stuff is...

omg..Totally speachless..did not see this untill now....first off are you kidding me.....I have items come here daily....every single day..of course my postmaster said he delievered packages..scott knows hes here everyday with stuff...and as for the stuff on ebay would you all like pictures of the stuff I have..I got 2-3 and even 5-7 of every part...do those look like your headlights??? I dont think so bud...much much better condition...the wood trim piece I now had 6 of...the black console is the one out of my personal mark viii...the one I replaced because it was used for smkoking alot...the whole reason I was buying the one off you as it was cleaner....so are you really kidding me...and these morons here are actually believing you just because you say this :q:q:q:q...so if he tells you hes really a woman would you believe him?? un real..totally un real..you scum bag you know you ripped me off and you know it... if the mods can check his pms' they will see he clearly sent me a message stating....oh well im not refunding you...say what you want on here also because your new and (((no one will believe you))) Thats the whole reason I never posted a post about this to begin with..as I knew he was right and this post just goes to show.. a long time member can rip me off and because im new my side dont matter..whats wrong with you people... I won the paypal dispute ...if he sent my :q:q:q:q we all know paypal would not refund me.........un fu@king real...k9t8m your good, let me tell you that,, your good....YOU KNOW WHAT..IM SO DONE WITH THIS SITE...MODS PLEASE SUSPEND THIS ACCOUNT..YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB...GUY JUST RUNS OFF A NICE STORY AND YOU JUST BELIEVE HIM BECVAUSE HE HAS MORE POSTS THEM ME..WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE!!!! SUSPEND ME IM DONE WITH YOU PEOPLE... I DONT SELL SQUAT TO YOU AS THERE ARE MILLIONS OF MARK OWNERS WHO BUY AND ARE HAPPY TO BUY FROM ME AND THERE NOT ON THIS SITE SO SCREW IT.. I WILL STICK SELLING TO THE REAL WORLD WHERE ITS NOT ONE BSPACE FULL OF ASS HOLES WITH STORIES!

I don't think that there are millions of Mark owners... as they only made roughly 130k of them total production all years... and Jamie has personally parted 1500+ and god only know how many other have been crashed, parted, C4C, or otherwise destroyed... yep I'd put the number below 100k easy...

im on mark VIII number 4..parted 3 out currently, these things are dropping like hot cakes lol

theres also a couple of wrecked ones in the yard here at work, and also some in other local yards

Members online

Back