What did you do to your LS today?

why don't you take out the seats?

1) although in great condition, all black, the seat backs plastic clips are busted.

2) black seats would look odd in either my gray 01 and beige/brown 04 interior.

3) what am I gonna do with them?

4) selling them is an option but too costly to ship from Canada to US. Even shipping within Canada gets expensive on large items like that.

5) can't keep on keeping LS parts, eventually this has to come to an end to progress to the 370Z.

Finally read the Drivers Door Module entry code on the 04 LSE. Rehearsal of function and options followed.

Burned down spend winters some more ..
Fresh asphalt all over nearby added to the excitement.

Cleaned up some 03 stockers and debating painting but ... no more room on to-do list.

Last edited:
Removed the master window switch as the drivers door wouldn't respond. Took it apart to find its a design like the old NES game controllers lol. Cleaned the board contacts with some alcohol, the driver window control section showed some lite green corrosion, snapped it all back together along with a few screws you have to remove & switch is fixed. Took all of 20 minutes.

Removed the master window switch as the drivers door wouldn't respond. Took it apart to find its a design like the old NES game controllers lol. Cleaned the board contacts with some alcohol, the driver window control section showed some lite green corrosion, snapped it all back together along with a few screws you have to remove & switch is fixed. Took all of 20 minutes.

I've had the same problem (and same solution) with the mirror switch on my 04.

Ran with a couple of bikes on the highway. They didn't think my "old man Lincoln" could push 100, let alone keep with them at 155.

Man after spending August is clown college for trumped up charges I finally got bail and have been getting lots done on my LS.
I bought a roll of carbon fiber wrap to do my door pillars, gas cap, door handles and will be hittin a lot of the black and some of the tan plastic interior trim.
I also bought a bit of fairly thick black fleece I'm going to use over the carpet and got brand new all black thick rubber floor mats I gotta trim to size yet. I got some squared off exhaust tips I tacked on yesterday in a few minutes.
I got some black velour I'm using for the headliner and inside door posts and hitting the plastic top seatbelt trim with the Carbon Fiber wrap.
The entire car is going from tan/ off grey paint to black with chrome,red and carbon fiber accents.
So far I got the pillars,gas cap and some interior hit with the wrap and it's looking really good.
I also hand washed and degreased the entire engine and engine bay and replaced the dead fog lights and front marker plus made a Fuck you cut out to put over the middle brake light in the back window.
I'll start a thread for my LS and post up my progression going over the entire car bringing it to life.
So far every step I take it just gets sicker and sicker, I get people complementing the car everyday all day and it ain't near complete.
I've been measuring my dash and think I'm going to remove the speedo piece and cut out the curved over hang and install an at least 10" touchscreen lcd running off its own Raspberry Pi or Arduino if not just off the one I'm using for my deck.
I'm going to use Torque Pro or something to customize what dials are displayed plus size and position.
I've had a lot of sick rides ;but nothing else has made me want to go all out customizing and tuning it as my LS and this is just a V6 (I'm building for my wife) I'll be getting myself a V8, I can't even imagine how much fun you V8 have!
I love there's still a strong community of LS enthusiasts these cars were so slept on! I'll put up some pics soon, my LS is coming along nicely.

I bought it back in 2013 for $10K and took out a loan to pay for it, so it's not a quick flip or for profit.

Its just that things changed rapidly for me in the last 8-9 months, both personal and professionally. I ended up needing a larger SUV for both pulling a trailer(s), plus I needed a larger seat area with more room for hauling both the extended family as well as customers in the back seat and possibly the third row. I didn't want to trade the LS in at first because I thought it would still be nice to have and fun to drive it a couple times a week. Hindsight is allows 20/20, because now I just have a extra vehicle in the driveway that in basically in the way. I don't have a spare stall in say a 4 or 5 car garage to keep in stored in either. I would like to find her a new home with someone that will appreciate and enjoy driving her.

Sold her. Sad day, but I have to move on.

Last edited:
Changed my fuel filter today and fixed my broken tab-less Lincoln emblem cap on my wheel using abs contact cement and rubbing alcohol, we will see how long it holds up.

21208549_10159236562915402_66337474_n.jpg

Gen 2 headlight swap without cover removal. Gen 1 harness was used except for the 6 pin connector to the HID's. The high low connections from the Gen 1 harness to the Gen 2 on the drivers side connector are:

High Beam: Gen 1 Orange Black wire to Gen 2 Orange Green -
Gen 1 Grey Green wire to Gen 2 Grey Red

Low Beam: Gen 1 Orange Green wire to Gen 2 Orange White
Gen 1 Grey Red to Gen 2 Grey White

Remove the Gen 2 signal light harness & swap amber bulb over to Gen 1 socket.

Passenger side may be different. Just mate up the orange and grey large wires and test that both match when high and low beam are selected.

Modify the bottom of the Gen 2 light buckets as shown in the pic. The middle area needs to be cut flush. You can use air tools like a air disc cutter or air body saw.

Modifications to the light cavity where the wiring harness is located will need to be made as well. The included pic shows red lines where raised areas will have to be cut out to allow room for the light to sit flush. This will eliminate the rear most mounting screw boss, but one can be fab'ed up if needed. I feel the other two hold the light well enough.

cav1.jpg

l2.jpg

l1.jpg

20170902_140338.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced DCCV Heater control valve ....was working overnight security at a music fest stage, and about 1 am my cold air just started blowing hot as hell air. Couldn't find part or shop to install it until about 12 noon...cost me $120 at a Ford dealer (was $88 at Rock, but I wouldn't get it shipped till Mon-Tues and I'm S Louisiana and 90% humidity, no thanks !), and $200 labor, including motorcraft Gold coolant. I had to get it done asap and go back to work Sat overnight. To mediate the problem, I found a power pole and had a floor fan in the trunk and a 100' extension cord; opened my sunroof and placed the fan on top, sat back in drivers seat and saved gas....pretty ingenious if I do say so myself.

Replaced compressor, thank God for cold air.

Now if I can just find the damn leak

Gen 2 headlight swap without cover removal. Gen 1 harness was used except for the 6 pin connector to the HID's. The high low connections from the Gen 1 harness to the Gen 2 on the drivers side connector are:

Wait - so you put Gen2 lights on a Gen 1 car? What's the advantage?

Am thinking of replacing DCCV on the 200K car I'm rebuilding engine for. Just as a preemptive move. Thoughts?
Hell if you've got the engine out I'd replace anything that hasn't been within the past like 50k that's known to go bad

Replaced DCCV Heater control valve ....was working overnight security at a music fest stage, and about 1 am my cold air just started blowing hot as hell air. Couldn't find part or shop to install it until about 12 noon...cost me $120 at a Ford dealer (was $88 at Rock, but I wouldn't get it shipped till Mon-Tues and I'm S Louisiana and 90% humidity, no thanks !), and $200 labor, including motorcraft Gold coolant. I had to get it done asap and go back to work Sat overnight. To mediate the problem, I found a power pole and had a floor fan in the trunk and a 100' extension cord; opened my sunroof and placed the fan on top, sat back in drivers seat and saved gas....pretty ingenious if I do say so myself.
Hmm - just looked at Rock and there are 3 vendors for this, cheapest is $121.

Hmm - just looked at Rock and there are 3 vendors for this, cheapest is $121.

I tried an aftermarket DCCV because I needed one that day. It worked and it didn't leak, but in less than a month it started randomly blasting me with hot air. Instead of a range of levels from hot to warm to cool to cold, it mostly just had really hot or really cold. My point being that if your factory DCCV is working and not leaking, I think you are better off staying with it than taking a chance.

I tried an aftermarket DCCV because I needed one that day. It worked and it didn't leak, but in less than a month it started randomly blasting me with hot air. Instead of a range of levels from hot to warm to cool to cold, it mostly just had really hot or really cold. My point being that if your factory DCCV is working and not leaking, I think you are better off staying with it than taking a chance.
Well it's not leaking and seems to be working. Though there has been a consistent issue of lower temps on passenger vent outlets than drivers side. Not a show stopping issue but seems that DCCV could be cause of that. And Rock does have a motorcraft dccv for $148.00
Just dont know if I want to spend the money on it. Lots of money has flown on this project.

Well it's not leaking and seems to be working. Though there has been a consistent issue of lower temps on passenger vent outlets than drivers side. Not a show stopping issue but seems that DCCV could be cause of that. And Rock does have a motorcraft dccv for $148.00
Just dont know if I want to spend the money on it. Lots of money has flown on this project.

MOTORCRAFT YG378 {#2R8H18495AB, 2R8Z18495AA} Info

prevIMGbig.png

2R8Z18495AA-ANG__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$88.79

Members online

Back