What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Swapped all of the interior bulbs to LEDs, made more of a difference than I thought it would. Put 245/50s on the rear and found the factory low beam ballasts for my headlights. The harness was spliced and a cheap no name kit was on the car when I bought it, lasted almost 2 years. So I'm looking around for a new low beam kit, kinda doubt the factory ballasts are any good

View attachment 828486621
No but I do have 2 light burn out by the vent, vent/floor/ row of oval button and I need to replace them. I have a book but it would be appreciated if you could give me a bulb number. They must be small. Also, Advance parts has a slyvania set of bulbs , 2 pack #9005 extra vision. The add says it fits my 1996 mark 8. But the other people here say I need to change the system with buying a light/balast package . I wrote advance today asking them if those light will just fit and light. Any experience you could share with me since mine are the HId with low beam burnt out

What year is your car and I think the smaller bulbs are #74. And Jay Richmond on Facebook sells a really nice low beam HID kit for a reasonable price. Hes a member here but I can't think of his name

What year is your car and I think the smaller bulbs are #74. And Jay Richmond on Facebook sells a really nice low beam HID kit for a reasonable price. Hes a member here but I can't think of his name
A 1996, Thank you

For the first time in 2 years I now have 2 working low beam HID headlights, this car has always been a second car that doesn't get driven much and my housings were dirty enough that I just used the high beams. There was never any danger of blinding someone so I didn't worry about it. So after a thorough cleaning inside and out of the housings they're better and brighter than ever. The car got an oil change and tune up, new 245s on the rear, strut rod bushings, brake pads, LEDs on the inside and tomorrow she'll get a wash and a wax. Now all I need is a new pair of mufflers and the rear neon working then she'll be ready for the summer. I miss driving it and my LS having trans trouble this gives me a good excuse to get her fixed up.

IMG_20170207_143428.jpg

Like you, I like to spend on my car for things that improve the looks or acceleration. I noticed you went to 245's on the rear. Now I am soon going to purchase 3 more 225x16 but I'de like to hear what advantage there is in getting the 245x16 on the rears. I bought the car in 2011 after the jerk took off the original 10 spoke mark wheels and Vogue tires . The car is a 1996 ,leased new, then sold 2 more times. I met one of the previous owners.in my neighborhood. It had the mark wheels and vogue on then Thats how I knew the jerk took them off and sold the set. Took me 4 years to find another 4 wheel set. We went up to Anabor Michigan , I live in Akron Ohio so its a good 1 day drive. Paid 300.00 with tires and they have enough tread for a used tire sale. Nice that you got the lights working and new strut rod bushing, brake pads. What did the bushings cost you or did you do them at a shop? Whats the lights stock number again?

I got the Moog bushings for $25 I think from Amazon and the 245/50s just look so much better. Pretty sure the smaller bulbs you're looking for are #74

Like you, I like to spend on my car for things that improve the looks or acceleration. I noticed you went to 245's on the rear. Now I am soon going to purchase 3 more 225x16 but I'de like to hear what advantage there is in getting the 245x16 on the rears. I bought the car in 2011 after the jerk took off the original 10 spoke mark wheels and Vogue tires . The car is a 1996 ,leased new, then sold 2 more times. I met one of the previous owners.in my neighborhood. It had the mark wheels and vogue on then Thats how I knew the jerk took them off and sold the set. Took me 4 years to find another 4 wheel set. We went up to Anabor Michigan , I live in Akron Ohio so its a good 1 day drive. Paid 300.00 with tires and they have enough tread for a used tire sale. Nice that you got the lights working and new strut rod bushing, brake pads. What did the bushings cost you or did you do them at a shop? Whats the lights stock number again?
I got the Moog bushings for $25 I think from Amazon and the 245/50s just look so much better. Pretty sure the smaller bulbs you're looking for are #74
Thank you, I am laying back now and watch a good net flex movie . Talk at you tomarrow.

It's nice to have usable low beams for the first time ever. 2 new ballasts, a good housing cleaning, and a little rewiring she's good as new. For $50 I hope the ballasts I bought last for awhile even though I know you get what you pay for. I bought 55W Xenon's and so far so good

IMG_20170209_205149.jpg

Ballasts.jpg

Finished swapping strut rod bushings today, I did the other side last week and had to wait for warmer weather to finish. It certainly drives 100X better but I still have to swap the uppers and the strut/frame bushings to have the whole front rebuilt.

IMG_20170219_143543.jpg

IMG_20170219_145344.jpg

IMG_20170219_154122.jpg

Sorry but that would be a homeless cat.... I lived in south Georgia for a long time and when a cat would get on the car they'd track a bunch of sand on the paint and scratch the shit outta my car's.
Lol Toodles is a great cat and pal to my son. I keep the Mark and my Mustang covered in the garage.

I made a altitude adjustment and got it lower than its ever been. I followed dudes post and redrilled the holes up front and cut the bags in the rear. Still playing around with the sensors but it's really close. I plan to hub swap it soon and get some different wheels, the insides of my Octostars are horrible with rust. Honestly not worth the effort to clean or repair so a set of 17Xthe widest I can fit will be on by my birthday in July. It needs to be aligned but debating on waiting for the new tires. Anybody have a nice set of 17s? Lol

IMG_20170220_101603.jpg

LSCDriversRear.jpg

Members online

Back