What did you do to your LS today?

I covered the Donator's front window to prevent rain from ruining the memory control's that'll go in my LS.
Anyone knows what should I swap to get the memory seat options to work? I have the whole car but I don't wanna be swapping stuff that isn't necessary.

Last edited:
I was thinkin,,,,putting all of your 04 stuff in a single thread about it would make it easier to follow.
you have done a lot and posted a lot about it and all the pictures.and the story of finding it and driving it home :)
I think all you have done is very interesting and deserves it's own place.
just my three cents worth :)

+1

ls.jpg

Guy ran a red light, I never saw him coming. Unfortunately this is all it took to total it. didn't even get to enjoy it for a year. What sucks the most is I had just replaced the coolant outlet tube the weekend before.

ls.jpg

Sorry to hear about you accident - luckily you were not injured. Unfortunately the relativity low wholesale values of our cars make them an easy to be totaled out in a minor traffic accident.

Tell me about the cost. Had a improperly installed rebar parking curb rip my front bumper skin mostly off the passenger mount. $1300 buck settlement with the insurance company. :rolleyes: Little ingenuity on my part the bumper sits flush again, is on tight and I just ordered some bumper crack filler (1 inch long split) and paint. Lol gonna use that funds on the more important timing chain, cosmetics will come later in my case.

Got two sets of LS wheels with designated winter tires out of storage and gave them a quick rinse down.

Next week, 03 LS and 04 LSE get the winter prep treatment.

03 Winter wheels & Oil change.

03wheels.jpg

Needs Alignment and VCT solenoids seals.
Fresh Highbeam bulbs and Plate light bulbs.

03wheels.jpg

Took the wife's 03 LS for an alignment last night, it was definitely out past specs on the front. Must have hit a pothole or something, was just done this past spring. Wore down summer tires on the insides slightly. They were getting close to the wear bar anyhow and I have fresh tires, same brand for hers as well. From my 01 when I first bought it.

It's all aligned correctly now, have to retorq the lug nuts when she gets back home this evening, put the center caps on and she's good to go with her winter wheels.

Still need to swap out a couple of bulbs and get the winter floor mats in. Expecting snow within the next 2 weeks, I'm sure of it.

04 LSE winter prep is next week.

Did:
Coolant flush
Full synthetic oil change
Replace both front wheel bearings & hubs
4 wheel alignment w/ lifetime warranty
New thermostat
New coils & spark plugs

To do:
HVAC fresh door/recycle mechanism replacement
Front bumper respray

IMG_20161114_124320928.jpg
IMG_20161114_124328965.jpg

IMG_20161114_124320928.jpg

IMG_20161114_124328965.jpg

03 Winter wheels & Oil change.

View attachment 828476785

Needs Alignment and VCT solenoids seals.
Fresh Highbeam bulbs and Plate light bulbs.

Left work early on Friday to get home with enough light left in the day to swap on the winter wheels/tires. Then on Saturday morning, I pulled the K&N CAI and reinstalled the factory setup. Came in handy on Saturday while driving in the white out conditions. Nothing like going from 74 warm and sunny to blowing snow in 24 hrs to bring out the idiots. First 10 miles down the highway and there were 7 cars spun off into the ditches and median. Tire stores were jammed on Saturday and Sunday!

its kind of like some of your other seasons... somewhere in between mudslide and wildfire season.

but instead of blowing off light ashes from everything, we have to shovel heavy frozen water out of our driveways.

oh yeah, and a lot fewer houses get destroyed.

its kind of like some of your other seasons... somewhere in between mudslide and wildfire season.

but instead of blowing off light ashes from everything, we have to shovel heavy frozen water out of our driveways.

oh yeah, and a lot fewer houses get destroyed.

Ohhhhhh...... Thanks!!

... we have to shovel heavy frozen water out of our driveways ...

I get my wife to do that! LOL, just kidding, she digs out behind her car to get out in the morning if I'm not around, then leaves the rest for me.
I've got two homes to clear snow from. One is on driveway plowing contract but I still have to go over and clean up walkways, patio and decks.

It's not a fun job when it's a big dumping and it's the sticky type of snow.

I think it's time I get a snow thrower or flame thrower, one or the other.

Can't locate any coolant leak on the 03 LS V8. Despite finding a couple of spots of coolant in the snowy driveway last week. All plastics on the cooling system had been changed within the past two years, simply can not find anything leaking anywhere. No residue what so ever. Will have to keep an eye on.

Changed front high beam bulbs and trunk plate light bulbs.

Drives great on the freshly installed winter wheels.

Needs VCT solenoids seals.

Looked at that. even from below under splash shield. Can't find any evidence of a leak. Checked all lines. Degas seems fine and is new. Housing and plastics all seem good. No fresh green drips, no white residue. Can't find anything at the moment and I know it was the 03 that left the driveway first thing in the morning after a snowy overnight. I seen it (couple of green drops) when I was out shoveling before the morning was over.

Going to get her to park with the front wheels onto some large cardboard. X marks the wheels. Find my spot.

Members online

Back