What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

pulled the mark VIII front hub/bearings from the 94 to swap with the Cobra hub/s brakes from the wrecked 96. Driving 280 miles round trip tomorrow to pull parts from the 96. Gonna remove the side (sail) panels from the back seat. Anybody know where the tabs are on those? Last time I broke some off.

If it's the same as a gen 2.....

Remove clothes hanger hook, there will be a cover you have to slide off first to access the screw. I used pliers wrapped in a towel as to not damage it.

Remove rear upper seat belt bezel and remove screw

Remove rear lower seat belt bolt and front upper seat belt bolt (Both Larger torx bit)

Remove the screw for lower door trim (By the seat controls, the long piece) so that there is wiggle room to remove the side panel. Do the same for the upper a pillar cover.

Iirc there are two clips that pop out with ease all the way in back, one top center and 2 below the front upper seat belt.

You'll see once you get in there, not all that difficult.

put the mustang hubs, Cobra calipers and rims on the 94. had to grind dow the pass side brake hose end. Forgot to pinch off the hoe while it was disconnected. Hope I didn't get air in the ABS. Mast cyl reserve took about 1/3 to 1/2 pint to top off
---
definite improvement over the snowflakes
20151220_212827.jpg

20151220_212827.jpg

worked a half day yesterday, worked on pass side rear hub drill/swap...got 'er done...except for reattaching ebrake....and one new lug stud decided to spin after i put the wheel on...needs r/r
20151222_163101.jpg

20151222_163101.jpg

Over the past several days: finished the hub swap, put on the salvaged brakes, brake hoses, rotors, and wheels; Kensun 6000ks...it's coming together
20151226_153241.jpg
---
20151226_160430.jpg
---
20151226_160451.jpg

20151226_153241.jpg

20151226_160430.jpg

20151226_160451.jpg

Started hardwiring my Dashcam before "Winter" sets in. I already had my radar hw'd and I kept a spare + and - lead available for future upgrades, so taping in was painless. Some trim removal and soldering and it was done. Here's a couple pics. I haven't mounted it yet, going to heat up the windshield tomorrow so that the adhesive pad can get a warm surface to mate too.

I'm still figuring out where to put it. Trying to find a location that's hidden but still has a clear view. It'll either go on the top right of the rear-view or on either side of the compass module. This is the one I have:

A118C

a118c_dashcam_1.jpg

screencast

DSCF0028.JPG

DSCF0030.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

DSCF0039.JPG

I'm still trying to figure out where I want to put it. I want it hidden but still a clear view. It'll either go on the top right of the rear-view or on either side of the compass module. This is the one I have:

A118C

a118c_dashcam_1.jpg

screencast

That placement has worked for me so far : Radar detector on the lower left of the rearview mirror and dashcam on the upper right of rvm. Post more pic when you're done.

I wanted to move it to the left more but the rvm dodads were getting in the way of the picture. I got it as straight as possible but it still looks a little crooked in the pictures. Meh.

DSCF0064.JPG

DSCF0058.JPG

DSCF0059.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

1227151635c.jpg

Swapped shifter handles, but the OD button wires came off the plastic piece inside. How do I get that out to replace it?
20160102_000841.jpg

20160102_000841.jpg

The button is just press fit if I remember correctly.
The black "O/D" button prys out easily...the wires just fell out of the cover leaving the white plastic strip still inside the handle. I dunno how im gonna get that so I can get the new one in

My factory equipped block heater no longer works. :( I suspect the cord.

Umm.. Finally bought a Motorcraft iac but it looks like my cold start (<10 degree) issues I've had the last 3 or 4 years likely revolved around the fuel pump reg/check valve. Instead of crankin' her up right away I've been letting it sit in the run position for a couple seconds in order for the system to build pressure. It has been fine down to -3 so far.

Other than that it has handled winter great so far.

front bags have been leaking down every night when the temps get below 35-40 deg. Planned on sliming them today but
the rubber still looks to be in good shape so I just replaced the solenoid o rings which were pretty flat. Found a decent looking 98 LSC with 125k going to look at it tomorrow. Insurance is coming through with a settlement on my wrecked 96

Purchased

front bags have been leaking down every night when the temps get below 35-40 deg. Planned on sliming them today but
the rubber still looks to be in good shape so I just replaced the solenoid o rings which were pretty flat. Found a decent looking 98 LSC with 125k going to look at it tomorrow. Insurance is coming through with a settlement on my wrecked 96

I pulled/purchased a power brake booster from a 1996 V8 Thunderbird from the Junk yard.
My Booster fails intermittently.

Got all the electrical working but the Cig Lighter (fuse blows every time)
and the Automatic Headlights. Still working on it.

My factory equipped block heater no longer works. :( I suspect the cord.

Umm.. Finally bought a Motorcraft iac but it looks like my cold start (<10 degree) issues I've had the last 3 or 4 years likely revolved around the fuel pump reg/check valve. Instead of crankin' her up right away I've been letting it sit in the run position for a couple seconds in order for the system to build pressure. It has been fine down to -3 so far.

Other than that it has handled winter great so far.

Scratch that, ran like **** this morning (-7) and wanted to die at every stop and again when I left work (1) until it warmed up. Changing the iac tomorrow, crossing my fingers.

In 2003 i bought my first Mark VIII, a 96...since then I've owned another 96, and a 94....bought my fourth one today, finally got a gen 2...98 LSC with 123k miles, southern one owner car still on air; medium charcoal gray ext; cream/brown interior
20160130_183036.jpg

20160130_183036.jpg

Rounding up parts to rebuild the front end on my 94..bought the 98 less than 2 weeks ago and it pulled a P0174 (bank 2 system is too lean)...cause: TBD

Members online

Back