What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Lifesize replica of the best pop artist ever?

justin-bieber-wax-figure-01.jpg

98 blk -2.jpgI got another member for my family, but it's not red. Just blk on blk 98 LSC. Don't know if I'm going to keep it. Maybe it wont get along with all the red ones, or my wife finds out I bought another one. Been driving the 95 for a week, and I really like that car, and it's almost finished.

98 blk -2.jpg

View attachment 828467436I got another member for my family, but it's not red. Just blk on blk 98 LSC. Don't know if I'm going to keep it. Maybe it wont get along with all the red ones, or my wife finds out I bought another one. Been driving the 95 for a week, and I really like that car, and it's almost finished.

Part it out!! I want some interior stuffs :)

98linc: Cobra rears where to be my next upgrade, having to buy rims and tires set my budget back just over $1200.

I also trimmed the axle ends to get the center caps to fit

IMG_20140506_100335759.jpg

Even with an 1/8" spacer, my wheels are tucked enough with the fender roll that even slammed it doesn't rub. Rear Tires are 255/45-18

Part it out!! I want some interior stuffs :)

98linc: Cobra rears where to be my next upgrade, having to buy rims and tires set my budget back just over $1200.

I also trimmed the axle ends to get the center caps to fit

IMG_20140506_100335759.jpg

Even with an 1/8" spacer, my wheels are tucked enough with the fender roll that even slammed it doesn't rub. Rear Tires are 255/45-18
Sucks that you'll have to postpone the rear brakes, but definitely keep them next on the list. And if you decide to get some big boy tires for the rear, there's a good chance that spacer's gonna push the tires into the fender.

I plan on pushing the rears out to a 285, by then I'll have the caliper spacers that you know just where to get

Haven't done much lately. Got big plans for the weekend. I'm off work and the kids will be with their mother this weekend. So I pretty much have the whole weekend to tinker with the car. I'm planning on finally getting my headlights fixed. I'm running a halogen d/s low beam and HIDS on all the rest because the d/s low has burned out two ballasts :confused: And I haven't figured out why. Got a new ballast on the way. Should be here today. So I'll give that another try. Also going to change out the spark plugs for some brand new Motorcraft platinums to see if that will smooth out the idle. I also plan to finish installing my auxilliary 12v and USB socket in the console and wire it into the harness, install some more blue LED and EL ambient lighting in the console and door panels, re-do the headliner again because I was in too big a hurry and messed up the last try, wash it, wax it, replace the front sway bar links to stop the rattle, change out the rear UCA's from the '97 LSC to tighten up the rear suspension, and do some more disassembly on the '97 parts car so I can sell some more stuff :) Big weekend planned!

ran into a guy at Hm Dep driving a slammed Tor Red 93 with 68k miles. gave him my number if he wants to sell; car has been kept in a barn but the drv rear fender is banged up pretty good; he said the fuel pump just went out; local stealer charged him $800 to repair the FP; i told him the dealer would charge $2k for susp, a shop might do $1k...he thinks the car is worth $3k as is

ran into a guy at Hm Dep driving a slammed Tor Red 93 with 68k miles. gave him my number if he wants to sell; car has been kept in a barn but the drv rear fender is banged up pretty good; he said the fuel pump just went out; local stealer charged him $800 to repair the FP; i told him the dealer would charge $2k for susp, a shop might do $1k...he thinks the car is worth $3k as is

A Mark with a bashed up 1/4 panel is a parts car

Haven't done much lately. Got big plans for the weekend. I'm off work and the kids will be with their mother this weekend. So I pretty much have the whole weekend to tinker with the car. I'm planning on finally getting my headlights fixed. I'm running a halogen d/s low beam and HIDS on all the rest because the d/s low has burned out two ballasts :confused: And I haven't figured out why. Got a new ballast on the way. Should be here today. So I'll give that another try. Also going to change out the spark plugs for some brand new Motorcraft platinums to see if that will smooth out the idle. I also plan to finish installing my auxilliary 12v and USB socket in the console and wire it into the harness, install some more blue LED and EL ambient lighting in the console and door panels, re-do the headliner again because I was in too big a hurry and messed up the last try, wash it, wax it, replace the front sway bar links to stop the rattle, change out the rear UCA's from the '97 LSC to tighten up the rear suspension, and do some more disassembly on the '97 parts car so I can sell some more stuff :) Big weekend planned!

Take pics of the LED install, and if you would, post up a link for the bulbs.. I really want to get rid of all the Sea Green lamps in my 98

Take pics of the LED install, and if you would, post up a link for the bulbs.. I really want to get rid of all the Sea Green lamps in my 98

Definitely. I'm hoping to get the blue LED's in the EATC done also. But I've got some interesting ideas for ambient lighting. I was inspired by my friend's '14 Mustang GT interior. So we'll see how it goes. It will entail removing the door panels and console and making some minor modifications.

I got some of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12130470057...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5713wt_962

A couple of these for my under dash floor lights:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-17cm-6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1c23b267&vxp=mtr

And some other assorted stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14105432087...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4414wt_1123

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28127293716...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2356wt_1123

$_57.jpg194 blue led.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!qwFIOB0+QRlBSEtfYNbQQ~~60_1.jpgt4 neo wedge.jpg$(KGrHqN,!qsFF7v)C6DHBRm)KhdqL!~~60_1.jpg$_1CAMFVAGU.jpg

LED's are awesome...:D

$(KGrHqJ,!qwFIOB0+QRlBSEtfYNbQQ~~60_1.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!qsFF7v)C6DHBRm)KhdqL!~~60_1.jpg

$_57.jpg

194 blue led.jpg

t4 neo wedge.jpg

$_1CAMFVAGU.jpg

Aaaaarrrrggg..

Just ordered SRB sleeves for the front bushings. There's been a tad bit of vibration I've been chasing. Bushings are pretty worn. So I need sleeves, washers,Also my LCA ball joints boots are toast, but the joint is OK.. Looking for some poly boots with no luck

Luckily I pulled every single piece off my 97 parts car before it went to the crusher. The previous owner had just overhauled the entire suspension. The Rear bushings are the Moog which aren't the problematic part, Front bushings are the updated FoMoCo. The 5th bushing in the pic is the Original
IMG_20140507_112616703.jpg

These weren't installed with goodness
IMG_20140507_115425772.jpg

I still have to reinstall my new fwd SRB's...my orig sleeves came out clean.....should I put some lube on them prior to reinstall so they'll come out clean next time around?

Yeah, the old bushings get pretty flattened out over time. Still way better than splitting, like all of the aftermarket a though!

A Mark with a bashed up 1/4 panel is a parts car

Dam...I hope not, going to try beating it out sometime this summer!

On another note. I got my new used driver's door handle, surround, button pad and gasket in the mail today :)
Thank you Bruce!

Damage (5).jpg

Dam...I hope not, going to try beating it out sometime this summer!

On another note. I got my new used driver's door handle, surround, button pad and gasket in the mail today :)
Thank you Bruce!

Boiling water and dry ice....

Installed both front brake hoses, L/H brake caliper, Strut Rod Bushings, Lower Control Arms, Upper Control Arms, Inner/Outer Tie-rods, Steering Rack Bushings, & Tie-rod Bellows. Gonna get it aligned tomorrow.

Installed both front brake hoses, L/H brake caliper, Strut Rod Bushings, Lower Control Arms, Upper Control Arms, Inner/Outer Tie-rods, Steering Rack Bushings, & Tie-rod Bellows. Gonna get it aligned tomorrow.
all 4 sets of SRB's? what brand?

Members online

No members online now.
Back