What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Coil springs on a Mark VIII...ew... :p :D :lol: j/k
well, i figger there's more to fixin or repairing daily than chasing down that Mark VIII air ride dragon, the one that always gets away....the ride's not bad, it's about a 1/2'' too low since I live in a mountainous region, and one of the shocks creaks only when it moves

Better then air struts.

Anything's better than struts. Struts suck.

That's why I don't have air struts
I have air spring over shocks in front

Thank you. That's what all Mark VIIIs have :)

well, i figger there's more to fixin or repairing daily than chasing down that Mark VIII air ride dragon, the one that always gets away....the ride's not bad, it's about a 1/2'' too low since I live in a mountainous region, and one of the shocks creaks only when it moves

I understand. I was just messin' with ya. It just makes me sad to see coil-overs on a Mark VIII. To me, it just takes away from the uniqueness of the car. It's just my opinion, but I've always said that a Mark VIII with coil-overs is just a T-Bird in a nice suit. But I can understand the need to convert. I may have to do it myself some day if my air springs go out and I can't afford to replace them (story of my life).

just got back from test driving this 98, no heat....not a bad car, but he won't take less than 4k out the door....orig tail lights
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/4471422484.html
------
also found a shop to do a full trans service, jmod, and replace damaged pan...$200 parts/labor....maybe he can nail my ps leak as well
Good looking car. But the right front and leftt rear wheels are on backwards :lol: And it may just be the light, but the trunk lid looks like a darker shade than the fenders in the 4th pic. And why is there black trim around the neon? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...(and knock a few bucks off the asking price). And when you say "no heat", do you mean the heater doesn't work or that it doesn't run hot? Because if the heater/temp control doesn't work, he needs to knock a couple grand off that price because you'll be doing a blend door.

the trunk is the same color...idk about the black trim around rear light...it also has chrome not gold rear light emblems....side mirrors have a black trim around them also...front end and susp is all orig at 120k....display center msg? CHECK AIR RIDE SYSTEM!!! thanks but no thanks

just got back from test driving this 98, no heat....not a bad car, but he won't take less than 4k out the door....orig tail lights
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/4471422484.html
------
also found a shop to do a full trans service, jmod, and replace damaged pan...$200 parts/labor....maybe he can nail my ps leak as well

Missing Battery and AlternatorAlternator covers and the CE floor mats, needs entire tail lights painted, :( dealer stickers on the trunk, and the bottom left of the back glass looks a little lasagna'ed

Not bad overall.. Wouldn't pay 4k for it thou

the trunk is the same color...idk about the black trim around rear light...it also has chrome not gold rear light emblems....side mirrors have a black trim around them also...front end and susp is all orig at 120k....display center msg? CHECK AIR RIDE SYSTEM!!! thanks but no thanks

All 2gens do.

Missing Battery and AlternatorAlternator covers and the CE floor mats, needs entire tail lights painted, :( dealer stickers on the trunk, and the bottom left of the back glass looks a little lasagna'ed

Not bad overall.. Wouldn't pay 4k for it thou

No alt cover on 98's.

thinking about replacing pwr door lock solenoids on the Brown car. Dormans are almost half the price of Motorcrafts. Are the Dormans worth installing?

Have Dorman lock solenoids in my car, from rockauto, they work better and quieter then the oe.

changed out my low beam 9005s to 6ks with stock lenses since its all i got uploadfromtaptalk1400386320939.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400386320939.jpg

My a/c has been blah pretty much since i bought it 7 years ago. The last couple years it's been cycling more then it should so I decided to check it with an 8 year old kit that I forgot was in the garage. Anyways, got some readings and then the fitting decided to blow itself apart (cheap plastic type connection) the last time I checked it. Crap! Added a little more and called it a day. Once I head up to my friends i'll see where its at and use the rest of the can if needed. It's no longer cycling every 7 seconds and is blowing like it should.

Other than that just the normal Sunday wash.

Bought the beauty below today from just north of Atlanta and singed up on this forum .... now on to fixing her issues!

20140518_193002_zps6bynonnw.jpg

Bought the beauty below today from just north of Atlanta and singed up on this forum .... now on to fixing her issues!

Perhaps you should start a thread in this section and introduce yourself and the car (We like pictures, lots of them). We could also help you on all the issues it has too, might be easier then trying to use the search function.

Looks EXACTLY like my other silver gen II. Very nice btw. You should start a thread like he suggested.

----
nice, that's the one that was in Duluth? i eyed that for awhile...what issues does it have?
:W

Took it for its 5th alignment in 2 weeks, still pulls to the right. It pulls less and less with each one thou, maybe a few more and they'll get it correct

----
nice, that's the one that was in Duluth? i eyed that for awhile...what issues does it have?
:W

Looks like it's bumped into something with the front bumper, missing license plate holder and the bumper is pushed back some where the grill isn't snapped into it

Members online

No members online now.
Back