What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Getting 93 Oct will net you better fuel milage and at the end of the year, you will have gotten fewer tank fulls as opposed to a lesser grade

I couldn't get the TPS off. The screws were stripped. I'm going to have to figure out how to get them out.

A trick I learned for Phillips head screws, take some valve lapping compound and put it on the end of your screwdriver. I've gotten some pretty f'ed up screws out with that stuff, tooth paste might also work.

Fml

20140220_195946.jpg

20140222_180303.jpg

20140222_180321.jpg

20140220_195946.jpg

20140222_180303.jpg

20140222_180321.jpg

I installed my 40k trans cooler last night and also got the majority of the trans lines ran.

Slowly coming together... slowly...

Getting 93 Oct will net you better fuel milage and at the end of the year, you will have gotten fewer tank fulls as opposed to a lesser grade

I did three full tanks each (87 and 91) with a strictly city driving routine, and for all three tanks of 91, it was 4 cents cheaper per mile to run 91 octane versus 87.
when gas was 3.45 a gallon for 87 and 91 was 3.63 (It is now 3.11 for 87 and 3.35 for 91):
87 octane - 13.6 mpg at 3.45 a gallon is .25 a mile (.253)
91 octane - 16.8 mpg at 3.63 a gallon is .22 a mile (.216)

shed.JPG

Just glad I didn't have the car parked under here :D There's just a big stack of laminate wood flooring and some '97 Mark interior bits and pieces and my tool box. But that shed was on its last legs anyway.

shed.JPG

Installed the transmission mount.

Note, the Energy Suspension mount is NOT completely plug and play. You have to slightly enlarge the mount holes plus you have to slightly enlarge the slots on the cross member in order for the bolts from the cross member to mount to line up.

Installed the transmission mount.

Note, the Energy Suspension mount is NOT completely plug and play. You have to slightly enlarge the mount holes plus you have to slightly enlarge the slots on the cross member in order for the bolts from the cross member to mount to line up.

Mine bolted right up. No modification at all. I bolted the mount to the trans, then place the bolts throu the cross brace only a couple threads. Then put the cross brace at rocker panels bolts in a couple threads. Then run the lower mounts bolts up tight followed by the cross braces bolts at rocker panel. Easy

I think this was bad a little bit
IMG_20140224_084613526.jpg

All better.. Yay

IMG_20140224_092724258.jpg

Mine bolted right up. No modification at all. I bolted the mount to the trans, then place the bolts throu the cross brace only a couple threads. Then put the cross brace at rocker panels bolts in a couple threads. Then run the lower mounts bolts up tight followed by the cross braces bolts at rocker panel. Easy

I think this was bad a little bit
IMG_20140224_084613526.jpg

All better.. Yay

IMG_20140224_092724258.jpg

That's exactly the way i did it also, except the separate mount brace (the one labeled not a spacer) would for perfectly but the transmission mount bracket wouldn't go up. It wasn't quite spaced right. I had to enlarge the holes. Also, the cross member to mount holes were off by a bit too. I had to force them into place, slightly tighten them, then put one cross member to frame bolt in loosely and pull the other side hard to get the bolt to frame to lime up.

Definitely an interesting experience and my old one was definitely a bit worn also lol.

That's exactly the way i did it also, except the separate mount brace (the one labeled not a spacer) would for perfectly but the transmission mount bracket wouldn't go up. It wasn't quite spaced right. I had to enlarge the holes. Also, the cross member to mount holes were off by a bit too. I had to force them into place, slightly tighten them, then put one cross member to frame bolt in loosely and pull the other side hard to get the bolt to frame to lime up.

Definitely an interesting experience and my old one was definitely a bit worn also lol.

You lubed between the Pre-Load plate and Bushing didn't you?

Started them both up. Both purred. Put some plates on the parts car and took her for a run to top off the gas tank, she runs nice, smooth and SOLID; shame she just sits there.

The plate and the transmission mount? I didn't lube anything.....wasn't aware I was suppose to.

Care to elaborate?

That little tube of lube they provided as seen in my picture, should be spread on the 2 little lobes facing up as it sits in the car. Those lobes will squeek on smooth roads if not lubed prior to installation

That little tube of lube they provided as seen in my picture, should be spread on the 2 little lobes facing up as it sits in the car. Those lobes will squeek on smooth roads if not lubed prior to installation

Well......I didn't get that in my kit. That sucks, lol. I wonder if I should contact Jegs and complain. Not that it would do me any good, because there's no way in hell I'm taking that back down again lol.

Grabbed some Motorcraft air shocks and LSC headlights from the junkyard
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg
PM me an offer if you need these

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Tinted my windows myself. Bought laser pre-cut sheets off eBay. Skipped the back window for now until I can really study how to tackle it. Driver and both rears came out great (won't really know until it truly dries of course), passenger has a couple flaws that I'm hoping aren't SUPER noticeable. As you can guess, I started on the passenger side so it was my "practice" window.

Members online

Back