What did you do to your LS today?

Installed some front sensors. I haven't wired them but I did the hardest part, mounting them without drilling into the bumper and not being in a position where it takes away from the front looks of the LS. I am pleased with the outcome, they are barely noticeable plus are almost hidden due to the top of the bumper opening covering them up if you're looking at them while standing.

DSCN2784_zps3a2255d6.jpg

DSCN2785_zpsa2fdc007.jpg

DSCN2790_zpsac296331.jpg

DSCN2792_zps9690fcdd.jpg

DSCN2799_zpsec956ca8.jpg

Replaced degas bottle, upper radiator hose, thermostat cover, and plastic piece that goes to the fuel pump. Also bought a cooling system pressure tester to find any other leaks. So far its not overheating anymore.

@ alex ...was it just a universal back up sensor set?

Yeah, 30-40 bucks on ebay from some local shop. I might replace the buzzer with an LED or just add an LED to the buzzer, but its somewhat loud an annoying or maybe I'll just muffle it a bit.

Alax are you using different fog lights. they look nice

The lse bumper uses foglight that mount behind the bumper, not in front like the regular bumper does. It uses some brackets behind the bumper so due to the intercooler piping, the brackets and fog lights had to be taken out to allow for room. There was no room behind the bumper for anything now so I had to get some the fit in front of the bumper to avoid just running without fog lights and having the bumper look off. These were the most shallow I could find that had a round back to them to match the lse fog light hole.

So what is the front sensor for?

Like parking?

Pretty much. No that I've ever ran into a parking stop and wrecked my bumper, since I'm lowered, but its a cool addition.

Pretty much. No that I've ever ran into a parking stop and wrecked my bumper, since I'm lowered, but its a cool addition.

wonder if it could be relayed to where it activates a camera up front...Hmmm

Yeah. You would want it to turn on when the sensors activate?

I have a VSS relay that will activate when you are within certain mph. I plan on having it set to 5mph or less for the front sensors. Also, I was planning on having the retractable front plates, that I will someday finish, be on the same circuit so it retracts if I'm parking, going over speeds bumps, or the car is off.

I ordered a new window regulator. Driver window crapped out last night.

Alright Dan Ro, quit holding out on us... Noway that thing has been sitting almost fully dipped for a week.

+100000000000000 lets go man. I did mine and had it in stl in 4 days to show it off

IMG0061.jpg
3 parts came in today, waiting till my free mechanic :cool: shows up at his shop on Monday to get them installed. Now just need 2 catalytic converters and the LS will be running smooth as new :D

IMG0061.jpg

Put on a couple layers of M-Seal today. It was beading pretty good from the carnauba they used at the detailers, but now it's just crazy. Took my whole day off, but it should last a few months. 20130628_153401.jpg20130628_153409.jpg

20130628_153401.jpg

20130628_153409.jpg

Just installed new clock spring, that was painless. Then installed 5000k hid's, super excited how far this car has come since i purchased it a month ago little by little im getting this car back to something to be proud of, previous owners neglected the living hell out of this car.

Did brakes/rotors all around today thanks to my buddy helping / showing me how. Used r1 rotors and ebc redstuff pads. I'd also like to thank Autozone for loaning me the tool for the rear pistons.. Oreilly's didn't have it.

Just replaced one of my front hub assemblies. One I took out was completely shot.

One of the easiest 40 minute jobs you can ask for on the LS!

Plasti dipped the plastic rocker pieces around the bottom of the LS. Made a big difference from the greyish color that they were.

Members online

No members online now.
Back