Official: Stance Coilover Thread

It might not be worth it. I have a S-type sport with the same suspension as the S-type "R". I wanted to convert to the "R" Brembos. So I went out and pieced together the calipers, rotors, front spindles and hubs. I also got the entire rear end off the "R" (all very hard to find and very expensive in good condition). Plus unless you guys have the same push button parking break I don't think it will work as the "R" Brembos have a separate E-brake caliper which means you would have to get the "R" cable and for good measure I suggest the "R" actuator.

If I were you and they fit your car. I would run this Coilover. $1400 is quite affordable if you think about it. The only thing that makes the S-type any better would be the CATS system which I believe your cars don't have. So in short it's pointless.

Well someone did non-brembo R brakes and they are still a nice upgrade. As for the Push button electronic brake, we do have that on the 2003 - 2006 LS.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=83858

Hey Bull! How is that tire wear looking? I have been really thinking about that camber issue. I have a solution but you probably won't like it. It is logical, however.

I'm finally getting around to messing with my set of coilovers. What is the general feedback on ride heights that keep relatively close to suspension geometry? Anyone have any recommended alignment geometry or just go with OEM?

I'm not really looking to tuck tire, i'm looking for more of the performance then aesthetic aspect. Would like to maintain suspension geometry and avoid the excessive camber if possible. Planning to preload the spring so the car sits at rest with about 2/3 compression (1/3 rebound). Probably going to drop the front ride height by about 1.5-inches and setup a 1/4" to 1/2" rake front to back.

Need to find a 4-wheel car scale and a decently smooth/level surface to set-up in. Might just end up dropping the car off at a chassis shop since free time is a little tight at the moment and I still haven't found my damn tools. Freakin' garage swallowed them somewhere.

I'm finally getting around to messing with my set of coilovers. What is the general feedback on ride heights that keep relatively close to suspension geometry? Anyone have any recommended alignment geometry or just go with OEM?

I'm not really looking to tuck tire, i'm looking for more of the performance then aesthetic aspect. Would like to maintain suspension geometry and avoid the excessive camber if possible. Planning to preload the spring so the car sits at rest with about 2/3 compression (1/3 rebound). Probably going to drop the front ride height by about 1.5-inches and setup a 1/4" to 1/2" rake front to back.

Need to find a 4-wheel car scale and a decently smooth/level surface to set-up in. Might just end up dropping the car off at a chassis shop since free time is a little tight at the moment and I still haven't found my damn tools. Freakin' garage swallowed them somewhere.

The head suspension engineer said the 3/4" lower was the optimum height. He said 1" (or more) made the LS "tail-happy".

The head suspension engineer said the 3/4" lower was the optimum height. He said 1" (or more) made the LS "tail-happy".

A little "tail-happy" is a good thing on a medium to low speed auto-X. Guess I can start with 1" front drop and 1/2" rake and see how that feels. Gotta start somewhere and an engineer recommendation sounds like a good spot.

On a side note, it visually looks like the LS has a huge factory rake built into it. Without actually crawling under it and measure the ride-height it looks like at least an inch. Has anyone ever measured the stock ride height from the ground to the lower control arm bolts in the subframe? Would be interesting to know if it's just the fenders visually looking off that much or if the actual chassis has that much rake to it. Guess this weekend i'll go tear apart the garage and see if I can find all my crap.

Don't expect the car on the ground any time soon, buuuuuuuuut... (If the coilovers look "bent" its because of my gopro bend)
GOPR0008_zps93268f8e.gif

Dude, why are they bent?!

:p

I'd love to get some. Too much money for me though.

Go to a truck stop with a Cat Scale. Most have room to put only 2 wheels on one side and then just switch sides when you do a re-weigh. Cat Scales run $10 + $2 for the re-weigh. You will be able to get front to rear weight.

Go to a truck stop with a Cat Scale. Most have room to put only 2 wheels on one side and then just switch sides when you do a re-weigh. Cat Scales run $10 + $2 for the re-weigh. You will be able to get front to rear weight.

There's probably 10 scales around the city up here that stay on all day and night. You can usually find those and use them for free at like 2am.

Alzimme did you put them on? Pictures?

Did anyone else ever buy these?

One guy messaged me who also bought them. I don't think he is a member on here though. He has a black 2002 LSE with black wheels. Didn't wind them down to much though.

It's varied. At one point I was a good 2" or more lower then eibachs but I raised it up about a half inch to stop some of my rubbing lol

It's varied. At one point I was a good 2" or more lower then eibachs but I raised it up about a half inch to stop some of my rubbing lol

What's going on with the tire wear issue from the camber?

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

I'm saving up for these, give me a little more time fellas, been wasting too much cash lately but I'll join you soon bull!

No these are not on yet. My car is in a covered shed but it has an open front to it, so I didn't want these getting messed up/dirty for no reason. List of things that take priority right now: Wedding, finishing 2 Lemon's cars before the Gingerman & Autobahn race (already registered and paid for), engine build and wiring for the Lincoln, tires, and then get it all put together. I'm thinking right about the time I have time to really dig into it, will be when the wedding craziness is full swing (which is labor day weekend).
I do have a BIG pile of parts waiting to go on, but I need a couple more essential pieces and time.
Had a couple Jag guys asking about them, but the R spec control arm doesn't work with them.

Had a couple Jag guys asking about them, but the R spec control arm doesn't work with them.

I joined the Jag forum to spread the word and all I got was laughed at and ridiculed. Their construction, price, company, purpose and everything you can think of were questioned. One guy literally wrote a book on how these are just a gimmick and how I probably don't know anything at all.

They feel their adaptive CATS system on the STR's (Which is what everyone wants to switch to) is all around better and makes these useless. In all, I would say it seems like a bunch of them have even bigger heads about their Jag then the delusional LS members around here :rolleyes:

Did anyone else ever buy these?

I have my set, still in the box :p

Evidently my tools have come up missing from the garage I share with my dad and brother. Have to go track them down. Outside of that not really in a hurry as a bunch of other money-making projects keep chewing up my time. Found a shop in Tampa that would install, do a four-corner balance, and alignment for $745. Not a bad deal really, but again, just requires me to spend a day over there sitting in the car while they do the balance. I'm pretty much to the point where I need tires so push will probably come to shove and I'll do these along with the tires so that I only pay for the alignment once. I will probably give up on doing the corner balance initially and just set the shocks with a tape measure and counting turns.

I joined the Jag forum to spread the word and all I got was laughed at and ridiculed. Their construction, price, company, purpose and everything you can think of were questioned. One guy literally wrote a book on how these are just a gimmick and how I probably don't know anything at all.

They feel their adaptive CATS system on the STR's (Which is what everyone wants to switch to) is all around better and makes these useless. In all, I would say it seems like a bunch of them have even bigger heads about their Jag then the delusional LS members around here :rolleyes:

Certainly nothing wrong with the build quality or design of these. When I bought mine 4-5 months back they said they had 2 sets left. So, if they made 10 then they've sold 8. Yes, a good chunk of them are very defensive of their Jags. The few occurrences I have had over at other jag forums is that there are a lot of what I call 'boy racers'. These are the guys that can name every model Jag ever made and quote it's marketing pamphlet but can't tell you what the difference is between a 3.55 and 3.73 rear other then "One is better!" The ones who can tell you what the differences are usually know their stuff though. There is very little middle ground from my experience. There definitely seems to be a lot of pompousness on the Jag sites. I can remember being told many times when asking about things to just "Buy a different Jag if that's what you want". Well maybe I want to build the thing the way I want not just inherit a different set of problems.

Kind of like on Ford and Chevy sites there are the guys who actually build cars and race them and then the armchair racers. Although usually the armchair racers can talk half-ass intelligently about stuff, even if they have no experience to back it up.

Well, imagine that. Don't fret. There are many on the Jag forums that refer to our forum so, I think it just they have jerks on their forum as we have on ours.

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

I'd like to get the link to the thread you posted on the Jaguar forum regarding the Stance coilovers. Was it posted in the S-type specific forum or the general suspension category? Regarding the S-types, The only model years that the LS Stance coilovers will fit are 1999.5 to early 2003. Jaguar did a front suspension change in 2003 that changed the shock/coilover mounting, thus the LS Stance kit wont work with the newer version of the car. The STR is where the majority of the potential customers are. Regarding CATS, It's not that we like it, we are stuck with it! It works well, but is very expensive to replace a shock. Many STR owners are looking for a more cost effective coilover replacement.

You need to keep in mind that the S-type is a luxury sports sedan, and there are not as many owners interested in modifying the car versus owners of LSs.

As in any forum, there are experts that work on their own vehicles, and know them inside and out, then others that just just drive them.

I keep intending to purchase a set of LS Stance coilovers for my 2000 S-type project car, but can't seem to allocate the money yet.
It seems like everything and anything I do on the car costs me $1500 a pop!

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I'm seriously hoping to get a pair of these. I want to keep my gen 1 at original height since I have 235/55R17 tires on. My main question is, after buying them, would it really cost around $400 to have them installed? Before I found out the OEM were discontinued, my usual mechanic told me he would charge me $100 if I brung in quick struts for the front.

I'm not down playing my mechanic but if I got these, I was thinking about getting them installed at an actual suspension shop.

Members online

No members online now.
Back