Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Sorry, I'm not a metallurgist or a welder. It did look like it might be simple to adjust the knuckles rather than messing with a custom A arm, and some of those CNC guys are wizards at taking even a vaguely worded request and making exactly what you want. Figured if nothing else a shop would be able to duplicate the knuckle with the big hole moved up. Even if it had to be made from steel instead of aluminum it would work out. No matter though, hope your upper A arm solution works. If not, might try finding a CNC shop that would be willing to do this. Since it wouldn't be an exact duplicate, they shouldn't have a problem with cutting a pair. And, they'll save the pattern so if it works you can send others their way for a set.

Sorry, I'm not a metallurgist or a welder. It did look like it might be simple to adjust the knuckles rather than messing with a custom A arm, and some of those CNC guys are wizards at taking even a vaguely worded request and making exactly what you want. Figured if nothing else a shop would be able to duplicate the knuckle with the big hole moved up. Even if it had to be made from steel instead of aluminum it would work out. No matter though, hope your upper A arm solution works. If not, might try finding a CNC shop that would be willing to do this. Since it wouldn't be an exact duplicate, they shouldn't have a problem with cutting a pair. And, they'll save the pattern so if it works you can send others their way for a set.

As matter of fact I am going into metallurgy here soon

Hello LVC forum members. I joined the forum because of this fantastic thread and product. I have 2 Jaguar S-types and these coilovers are exactly what I need for my 2000 S-type project car.
It did become a bit tedious reading all the complaints about the price. Regarding prices, I believe that a set of coilovers, of this caliber, at $1200+, a set, is a decent price. The Brembo's and Rotors I am putting on my car cost twice this. Tires I am using cost about $1200. The rims are another $1k. If you plan on participating in the suspension performance arena, you have to budget a lot of money for upgrades. Performance costs!

What I would like to see is a summary of the specifications for these coilovers: Adjustable ranges, (height, damping specs.), spring rates. If someone has all the specifications it would be great to see a reply listing them all in one place.

Thanks

Joe

Those look like the will bolt right up to an LS. I wonder how close they really are. Those cant be that hard to make....goes down stairs to look for some cromoly tubing...damn none here. Hmmm....

You know, I was just about to contact you about this whole deal. I'll finance the materials if you supply a set for me :)

Sound interesting yet?

You know, I was just about to contact you about this whole deal. I'll finance the materials if you supply a set for me :)

Sound interesting yet?

We would need some 1" or 1.25" cromoly tubing (probly 3/16" wall thickness), some 3/8" thick cromoly plate, 2 bolt on ball joints with the right stud diameter and length to fit into the knuckle, 4 bushings, and some round tubing with the correct I.D. to have the bushings pressed into. Not a big list but alot of research and measurements that need to be taken with digital calipers and depth guages, not a measuring tape project.

In all reality, I could make this work. The liability issue is what bothers me...If someone decides to buy an upper control arm from me and then decides to take a corner at 80mph and it breaks....I have to sell 2 of my kids, the cat, and my collection of Barry Manilow vinyl to stay out of jail. (just kidding about Barry Manilow...I'd never sell those, lol)

I would make a set for myself if I had these coil overs but I dont have them and they are not on my list of mods at this time. With all that would need to be done to make them work properly (custom front upper control arms, slotted subframe in the rear and/or custom arms in the rear too) it's just not on my priority list. I'm fine with my front Eibachs, It gives ME the look I am going for.

That being said, If there are any lawyers here at LVC that would like to help me get around the liability issue then I would be willing to look into this more. But I dont think many lawyers drive LS's, They have the BMW's and Mercedes'

Instead of fabricating your own upper A-arms, you might consider building up a modular A-arm from Specialty products http://www.spcalignment.com or Speedway Engineering. You can use Spohn Performace Del-Sphere Pivot Joints.
Quick easy cost effective way to make fully adjustable A-arms.

you guys might consider building up a modular A-arm using Specialty Products or Speedway Engineer parts. You can use Spohn Del-Sphere Pivot Joints.

This is a cost effective way to make fully adjustable A-arms

Suggested aftermarket arm I had posted will add about 2* or 3* of caster. Stock is like -4*, this will bring it to -2*. I'm not sure if that's going to make the car too twitchy. Need to get mine up and going so I could test it out vs stock, but it won't be any time soon.

Hello LVC forum members. I joined the forum because of this fantastic thread and product. I have 2 Jaguar S-types and these coilovers are exactly what I need for my 2000 S-type project car.
It did become a bit tedious reading all the complaints about the price. Regarding prices, I believe that a set of coilovers, of this caliber, at $1200+, a set, is a decent price. The Brembo's and Rotors I am putting on my car cost twice this. Tires I am using cost about $1200. The rims are another $1k. If you plan on participating in the suspension performance arena, you have to budget a lot of money for upgrades. Performance costs!

What I would like to see is a summary of the specifications for these coilovers: Adjustable ranges, (height, damping specs.), spring rates. If someone has all the specifications it would be great to see a reply listing them all in one place.

Thanks

Joe

I'm not sure how to fully compare the range for your Jag since it will be different from our platform. But they are adjustable on an LS from OEM height all the way down to tuck to basically the wheel lip on an OEM 17" wheel.

The dampening is 15 way adjustable. Spring rates are 12k front and 13k rear

2000+LincolnLS.jpg

Ownership update

I drove over 900 miles on them this past weekend on a road trip. They are great on the freeway for cruising. No complaints at all. I have adjusted them up and down several times now with no problems. Only pain is having to remove the wheels to do so.

Even with the issue of inducing excessive camber when going lower then Eibach or Sprint ride height I still would recommend these to anyone looking to add extra suspension performance and adjustability. For the price you are getting a product that cannot be matched by OEM shocks and springs.

So after all of this; did they just really sell 1 set of these?

Are you really surprised Alzimme? LVC members can barely afford to keep their LS running let alone buy $1200 suspension upgrades.

I just spoke with them again last Wednesday and so far nobody else has purchased. They did however express that they have received some email inquiries about them. Some of the Jag guys are tickled by these. If they end up selling more it's possible the S-Type owners maybe a bigger outlet then we are, which is embarrassing.

It still boggles their mind that you wanted these so badly, talked about how people were ready to purchase, and you haven't even bought them. Wedding/Engagement plans or not. You were the one who started all this and it reflects badly on you and the rest of us when nobody can pony up the cash. :confused:

\End Rant

Sucks because I was ready to buy them too, but i've had some problems with the LS recently and want it running smoothly before I make any more cosmetic purchases. I just hope they dont pull the plug on em before I can get a set.

If I can find a buyer for the brand new set of eibachs and all 4 struts (also brand new still in box) I will purchase A set. I bought them a couple months before the stance coilovers were available, never got around to installing them. Shame that no one else has bought them.

If I can find a buyer for the brand new set of eibachs and all 4 struts (also brand new still in box) I will purchase A set. I bought them a couple months before the stance coilovers were available, never got around to installing them. Shame that no one else has bought them.

Pmd

I should have a set after christmas :D

It still boggles their mind that you wanted these so badly, talked about how people were ready to purchase, and you haven't even bought them. Wedding/Engagement plans or not. You were the one who started all this and it reflects badly on you and the rest of us when nobody can pony up the cash. :confused:

\End Rant

That is going to change very soon. Wedding and reception is paid for. I had to stand by me never putting another car part on credit card.

I think most of us make around $2K-$3K a month and unfortunately that's not enough to keep up with rent, insurance, food, maintenance and then mods on top. Oh and some of us financed our LS's and did not just pay a few grand cash, so thats another couple hundred a month less.

If i had a grand left over every month to myself, i would have been had new wheels, tires, coilovers, STR brakes, etc. You know its bad when you have to get gas with a credit card.

I thought about volunteering for a deployment to Afghanistan so i can make double what i make now...but theres the risk of not coming back. Think ill live without the mods and still be alive.

Correct me if I am wrong. Don't we have coilovers anyway but they just aren't adjustable?

Members online

No members online now.
Back