Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Bull, how are your tires holding up?

Chewing away?

I am about to buy two more, this time going with a performance tire model that is rated extremely high in treadwear. I can only imagine how yours are going.

I haven't put enough miles on my new tires to notice any significantly bad wear yet. I'm sure it's coming soon though.

What kind of tires are you looking at?

With how stiff my corners are now it feels like I am slowly jarring my car apart with the transfer of energy into the car that the suspension isn't swallowing up anymore.

Anytime I take a gradient (ie. going around the corners for ramps in my parking garage everyday) the whole car feels like it's flexing and I can hear all kinds of fun noises in the interior cabin.

If I do I will lose a fender. I already raised them about 1" up front and 1.5" in the back to help with the camber.

+1

Are you still playing with the settings or you've reached a point to your liking, the "flexing" is just a cost of it now?

the whole car feels like it's flexing and I can hear all kinds of fun noises in the interior cabin.

Hey my car does that now and i only have eibachs! lol

I need some suspension repairs ASAP. I wonder if the coilovers beat up the rest of your suspension to the point where mine is.

With how stiff my corners are now it feels like I am slowly jarring my car apart with the transfer of energy into the car that the suspension isn't swallowing up anymore.

Anytime I take a gradient (ie. going around the corners for ramps in my parking garage everyday) the whole car feels like it's flexing and I can hear all kinds of fun noises in the interior cabin.

I have jarred loose many interior pieces. I have a rattle in my driver's door panel and somewhere between my right side of the cluster and the top of the dash, there is a slight rub.

Just means I gotta crank the tunes!

Anyways I am getting a pair of Falken Azenis PT-722 to burn down on the rears - as I made the mistake of not rotating a pair of my Hankook's in time and chewed through two.

I got a job (finally!) and will be commuting until I can afford to live closer and walk to work. So for the time being I will be mainly highway driving.

I will actually be rocking my stockers here for a couple weeks until I can get the new pair of Falkens. I will be sure to take pics!

I got a job (finally!) and will be commuting until I can afford to live closer and walk to work. So for the time being I will be mainly highway driving.

Congrats dude! "big boy" job or just something temporary until you can get your real job?

Waiting to land my first job as well. 4 months out of college and no luck. I have an interview with Hess Corporation at the end of the month. Hope it all goes well. Big money if I land this job...pray for me guys lol

K done threadjacking :D

Thanks man, no it is my first full-time big boy job. For a large Oil/Gas corporation here in Oklahoma City. It took 4 months of applying to places every single day - but it finally paid off. The location is exactly where I wanted it, just starting pay won't allow me to live where I want to just yet, but I could not pass up the opportunity. I am sure I can move and live comfortably where I want within the next couple years and have the luxury of walking to work.

The coolest part is I will actually be using my degree, I had fears and visions of having to take a desperation job as a team manager/leader at a target or something - and those times weren't far around the corner. (running out of savings!)

Thanks man, no it is my first full-time big boy job. For a large Oil/Gas corporation here in Oklahoma City. It took 4 months of applying to places every single day - but it finally paid off. The location is exactly where I wanted it, just starting pay won't allow me to live where I want to just yet, but I could not pass up the opportunity. I am sure I can move and live comfortably where I want within the next couple years and have the luxury of walking to work.

The coolest part is I will actually be using my degree, I had fears and visions of having to take a desperation job as a team manager/leader at a target or something - and those times weren't far around the corner. (running out of savings!)
Completely understand. I'm actually working a sh1tty part-time job at night to pay for bills. I haven't really been as proactive as you though, but I guess I should. If i don't get a "big boy" job by Xmas i may succumb to taking a desperation job as you mentioned lol

+1

Are you still playing with the settings or you've reached a point to your liking, the "flexing" is just a cost of it now?

I'm pretty much settled on dampening for now. I'm running 13 front and 8 rear. The ride is still pretty uncomfortable and truck but it's something I can live with.

I have jarred loose many interior pieces. I have a rattle in my driver's door panel and somewhere between my right side of the cluster and the top of the dash, there is a slight rub.

Just means I gotta crank the tunes!

Anyways I am getting a pair of Falken Azenis PT-722 to burn down on the rears - as I made the mistake of not rotating a pair of my Hankook's in time and chewed through two.

I will actually be rocking my stockers here for a couple weeks until I can get the new pair of Falkens. I will be sure to take pics!

I have noises in basically all the same places. It's alittle annoying and unnerving but I can deal with it.

Congrats on the new job!

Now you can live the American Dream; Wake up, sit in traffic, work, sit in traffic, and then have a few hours to yourself by the time you get home.

Wash, rinse, repeat 5 days a week. And just think....you get to do this for another 40ish years!

Probably a strange question but if you wanted to run at say stock height, could you put a longer set of springs on it and loose the adjustment? I'm not really interested in lowering the car (honestly like the ride height of my 235/50R17's and base springs) but would like to improve the cornering a bit. In general the longer the spring, the better the ride quality.

Thanks,

Unless you have magnetorheologic shocks like on the cts-v or corvette, then handling and ride comfort are mutually exclusive.

The longer spring won't make a difference with how stiff the dampers are.

Unless you have magnetorheologic shocks like on the cts-v or corvette, then handling and ride comfort are mutually exclusive.

The longer spring won't make a difference with how stiff the dampers are.
If the dampers were fixed rate I'd be closer to agreement with you. Since they are adjustable than I can tune it to match the control conditions I want. With a longer spring you can run a lower rate which will make them more complient allowing the damper to really do the job of managing the accelleration vs. an overly stiff spring. Granted since the motion ratio is fixed for the factory geometry, a lot of the ride compliance will be the same for either length spring.

All in all, I have no interest in lowering the car more than 0.5in (maybe more if I keep it long enough to switch to 18in wheels with 245/45R18's)so all that adjustment range is wasted on me. I'm just looking at the rapidly rising price and dimenishing availability of the 2nd Gen sport shocks as my interest in these units.

Rent? Insurance? Utilities? I'm sure it was misplaced in those :)

LOL

It's all good man, if you actually end up doing the STR suspension upgrade then you'll have the better set-up anyways :)

It might not be worth it. I have a S-type sport with the same suspension as the S-type "R". I wanted to convert to the "R" Brembos. So I went out and pieced together the calipers, rotors, front spindles and hubs. I also got the entire rear end off the "R" (all very hard to find and very expensive in good condition). Plus unless you guys have the same push button parking break I don't think it will work as the "R" Brembos have a separate E-brake caliper which means you would have to get the "R" cable and for good measure I suggest the "R" actuator.

If I were you and they fit your car. I would run this Coilover. $1400 is quite affordable if you think about it. The only thing that makes the S-type any better would be the CATS system which I believe your cars don't have. So in short it's pointless.

Hows everybody? Haven't been on in a while... I'm glad to announce I just ordered my coil overs...now all I need is wheels lol

I think most of us make around $2K-$3K a month and unfortunately that's not enough to keep up with rent, insurance, food, maintenance and then mods on top. Oh and some of us financed our LS's and did not just pay a few grand cash, so thats another couple hundred a month less.

If i had a grand left over every month to myself, i would have been had new wheels, tires, coilovers, STR brakes, etc. You know its bad when you have to get gas with a credit card.

I thought about volunteering for a deployment to Afghanistan so i can make double what i make now...but theres the risk of not coming back. Think ill live without the mods and still be alive.

it's not as bad as the news says it is. communist news network tells you about the bad that goes on over here and thats it. to CNN, it's awful and we need to get out now. they don't know their head from their *ss if you know what i mean. i'm over here right now and im coming home early plus the money isnt too much more than at home unless your a contractor. thats where the money's at overseas

it's not as bad as the news says it is. communist news network tells you about the bad that goes on over here and thats it. to CNN, it's awful and we need to get out now. they don't know their head from their *ss if you know what i mean. i'm over here right now and im coming home early plus the money isnt too much more than at home unless your a contractor. thats where the money's at overseas

I've already been over. I'd rather not risk the chance of not coming back. As far as the pay that's by rank of course and if I went over right now I'd make an extra $1600 a month more than I bring now.

Yeah DOD makes much more and isn't as restricted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back