F@cked

it makes a total mess when he gets ready for the winter, but its worth it when you see the condition of this truck!

Well there you go , perfect . If you wait a week after treating the vehicle to allow the oil to setup then you wash and wax , no mess !

how do you wash and wax the under carriage? i was talking about the whole chassis, he doesnt oil the body!!!!

how do you wash and wax the under carriage? i was talking about the whole chassis, he doesnt oil the body!!!!

Umm , undercarriage , no ! Why would you want to wash the oil off the chassis ? However there will be some overspray on the body and some seepage from drain holes in body panels like trunklid , doors , rear quarters etc . I clean it up after a week or so , wax and cover the car for winter storage . If i decide to use the car in the winter it is well protected from the salt & sand they use here in the winter .

I think? that spraying the underside of the car with oil is illegal around here. they used to do that up in Canada, I remember my grand dad having it done when I was really young. Drove the car up some ramps that went pretty verticle then they sprayed underneath with used motor oil.

I think? that spraying the underside of the car with oil is illegal around here. they used to do that up in Canada, I remember my grand dad having it done when I was really young. Drove the car up some ramps that went pretty verticle then they sprayed underneath with used motor oil.

Well i am in Canada , and it is illegal to do some things like modify exhaust systems for example but we still do them .

I would fill a lawn weed sprayer with used or cheap bulk oil and spray the underside once a year .

This is real and hes a member of another forum I am on. He was sick of rust so he coated his Fox Mustang with chasis grease. :lol:

grease.gif

Foam is good at causing rust...

I think the best solution is what I do, park my nice car in the fall and don't drive agian until the spring...

Even if you undercoat to seal it off? I would just use the foam as a fiiler to close off the holes and them undercoat over it

It's daily driver for now, I don't have that option

This is real and hes a member of another forum I am on. He was sick of rust so he coated his Fox Mustang with chasis grease. :lol:

grease.gif

WHOLLY :q:q:q:q! don't let that guy park in your driveway durring the summer! The rust starts in the places you can't see first. I guess he hasen't figured that one out yet

Just be glad a previous owner didn't get the wax rust protection :q:q:q:q like someone who owned my car did... epic fail...

I used to work for a Volvo dealer in PHX. The factory used that crap to excess even when they were being deliverd to PHX. It was God awful to do a pre-delivery service in July that crap dripped all over everything including me, NASTY!

Grease? Oil will wash off with the right solution, grease will too but the work involved! Better off spraying oil! I cant image the time he spent doing that! lol

When I took my 73 out of storage, were it sat for 20 years, anywhere there was oil it cleaned up and looked new. Everywhere else was rusty. Thats when I learned that oil protects. A friend of mine restores old cars and he prefers the dirtiest, oiliest ones he can find for parts.

Sorta puts ya between a rock and a hard place. Perfectly clean and prone to rust or oily and dirty yet easily restorable?

Warden your car looks identical to mines underneath acutally mines is a lot worst I have a 97 and the rear canister that tends to rot on all Marks literally fell when I tried taking of the screws, thats how rusted it was. I got the new canister and tied it underneath with cloth hangers and guess what I tworks and looks just fine. My rockers are rusty and the car just looks like a rust bucket but on the outside its all I ever wanted, so thats why Im keeping it. One thing I have to replace really quick is the oil pan...my mechanic said that its falling to peaces....But im not worried about it I just keep putting oil in it until i get me an oil pan. The car looks great and drives great so like the fellow LVC's say try to forget about the rust and you'll be fine.

I guess thats why I hold onto mine and fix it up. It does not have the slightest hint of rust anywhere on it. Not a single bolt. The only thing with surface rust (that a dish sponge could remove) is the bare metal on the axles.
Never had a single bolt that even required PB Blaster to get off. Something to be said about this damn state. :lol:

mines was a Boyton beach vehicle and it sat on grasss for years......the guy wouldnt move it b/c he had a viper blue fox mustang.

I have a parts car right now that has a blown engine because the rear canister rusted out, fell down, and pick water up when he went through a deep puddle. I might try this oil thing this year.

im going to throw some pictures of it tomorrow maybe Warden will feel better after he sees them.....lol!!!!

I have a parts car right now that has a blown engine because the rear canister rusted out, fell down, and pick water up when he went through a deep puddle. I might try this oil thing this year.

Interesting... didn't know that the charcoal canister was connected to the motor, I thought it just went through the gas tank...

Good thing my new and improved KK tray is holding mine up :D

Members online

Back