Youtube: My Mark VIII Shenannnagans

abs sensor is wacked out in the back i think, i can't find the box to plug my obd1 tool into for abs? Wheres it located? No abs, and pedal feels real crappy - locks em up no np though but you have to press down pretty far before it initially starts breaking, i have bled them properly and replaced pads all around...

someone told me i can adjust the peddle, im thinkin i should just do a flush of the brake lines and get SS units around - but if im doing all that i mind as well update to the cobra stuff and new rotors and pads all around so im abusing the brakes all day until its ready to all come out and RR

you should have just kept it punched across the grass at the end and blew sod roost's all over the place!!!!

I replaced shocks, upper lowers sway bar end links, springs are just cut thunderbird ones from strutmasters, they are way too lsoft they have the car bottom out causing stress on the rest of the suspension. My passenger side uca is real loose after like 2k if that we were going to replace it when strutmasters sent ne replacement shocks because they were terrible, sent me Monroe sensatracs, I got gasmatics for the back. Bounciness is the problem because when you cut he spring changes the rate... Bouncy bottoms out real bad in bumps with the sensatracs.

Spray it with what? Wd40? All I know too is that my exhaust has been getting scrapes bad by these springs, I'm just gonna buy eibach lowered for third but what is the weight differnce between mk8 and 95 tbird lx. I got moog or Trw...

I need a high stall cars been having no balls down low, I'm pretty sure my mafs is shot at 128k when I clean it, the car responds well for a day or so that's it.

hey Spray it with something like wd40. had a sqeak on the jetta found it quick and replaced the bushing all was good.

I used a lowered kit on my car... for about three months. All respect to other parts of the country where you folks can pull it off... but here in PA (home of the worst roads in the country), lowered cars are just too much trouble. I eventually got sick of all the scraping and whatnot and put a set of variable rate TRW full height springs on it. Much better now.

I used a lowered kit on my car... for about three months. All respect to other parts of the country where you folks can pull it off... but here in PA (home of the worst roads in the country), lowered cars are just too much trouble. I eventually got sick of all the scraping and whatnot and put a set of variable rate TRW full height springs on it. Much better now.

sounds like a good idea - i like the stance of the car but wish that it wouldn't be so bouncy - which lowered kit did you use. and what trw full height springs for which car?

next thing im gonna do is a high stall converter - good tires, and better springs. thats all this car needs - and to lose about 200 pounds. At 128 it could use a new mafs right? It seems more responsive downlow, after i clean it but it goes away after a day or so.

sounds like a good idea - i like the stance of the car but wish that it wouldn't be so bouncy - which lowered kit did you use. and what trw full height springs for which car?

It was a strutmasters lowered kit. I noticed during installation that it used fixed rate springs, and they were soft enough that the car rode ok but since they were soft through the whole range of compression it gave me a fairly bouncy ride - though that could also have been a result of the Monro Sensatracs. What kind of dampers are you using for your setup?

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00240.html

Contains all the info & part numbers you need. And you've already got the rear upper spring perches & whatnot, so your job is fairly easy.

next thing im gonna do is a high stall converter - good tires, and better springs. thats all this car needs - and to lose about 200 pounds. At 128 it could use a new mafs right? It seems more responsive downlow, after i clean it but it goes away after a day or so.

The only way to tell is to datalog it but since it's OBD1 i'm not sure how you can do that. I have a 95 Mark VIII mass air in my garage you can try out see if the car runs better, ill sell it for $10 plus shipping if you want...

The only way to tell is to datalog it but since it's OBD1 i'm not sure how you can do that. I have a 95 Mark VIII mass air in my garage you can try out see if the car runs better, ill sell it for $10 plus shipping if you want...

how many miles were on it? My car doesnt run bad - its just down low. I am going to clean it one more time to see if it really makes a difference. I was thinking about getting one of those units off supercoupeperformance, the oem job.

can't you do something with a voltmeter to see if everythings good or not??? How many miles are these sensors good for is an even better question?

It was a strutmasters lowered kit. I noticed during installation that it used fixed rate springs, and they were soft enough that the car rode ok but since they were soft through the whole range of compression it gave me a fairly bouncy ride - though that could also have been a result of the Monro Sensatracs. What kind of dampers are you using for your setup?

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00240.html

Contains all the info & part numbers you need. And you've already got the rear upper spring perches & whatnot, so your job is fairly easy.

I have the strutmasters kit also, purchased in 07, then they didn't come with the sensatracs. The ride is very soft/bouncy, because they are CUT SPRINGS. I'm not sure what dampers are...

I'm probably going to do what you did and just order the trw all the way around stock ride height, my budys has that and it sits well and is frim when you press on it, unlike the lowered kits which bounces up and down, garbage.

awesome website, i'm going to order those trw springs up and get rid of the miserable soft ride that i have right now. What did those springs run you?

Members online

Back