Youtube: My Mark VIII Shenannnagans

Ab if the cars bouncy some new shock would help that. The springs maybe too soft for your likens but bounce is the shocks.

yeah i think the sensatracs might be too soft of a shock... they are supposed to be like stock not aftermarket.

dude, you ever see the hondas slammed to the floor in the hood bouncing everywhere - they have cut springs and they hop all over the place. The replacement shocks were better than the ones that came with the kit, they were like green and garbage.

Dude on here with the lowered springs was describing the same ride as I. And they sell the kit with the sensatracs on there lowered kit currently... so I don't know what they are doing over there at strutmasters but that lowered kit is crap. I'm not putting new shocks on. I'm going to get those TRW variabe rate shocks whatever that was mentioned above a couple posts ago... He's from pa as well and seems to be in good shape with his ride. Plus it was a pita trying to get a correct alignment with the car being lowered. Like one said was out of wack on the camber or something, when the wheel is turned, you look at the tire its slanted like a mofo.

i got New shocks all around... its the damn springs - you can't CUT springs with out making them too soft and bouncy like that because your altering the ride height and the SPRING RATE. My buddys strutmasters kit normal ride height ride awesome and feels great. I'll do the push test on mine and then his, and then you can tell me about struts, because we have the exact same setup less the springs.... plus i also have redone all LCA UCA sway bar end links etc, one of my UCA's is real lose as Joe could tell you.

I'm going to buy the new springs, replace the UCA with the warranty - buy some good tires and do alignment. That's the next thing to do - other than that my cars been really really good to me.

My corrado is another story - it keeps taking money from me and i have nothing to show for it. Stupid foreign cars... hope the juice was worth the squeeze, I was all ready to just buy 18's Cobra jobs with nice tires, and put some money away for a stall, but i figured heh, ill buy another corrado and flip it to make some money quick. 4k later and i still have to put it all back together yet, ugh. But forged rods, rebuild - should be good for around 400 whp - but FWD - But 2200 lbs!

Also Eddie also recommends AGAINST buying the lowered kit, he said it himself over the phone.

I hear what your saying about the cut springs being junk but, if the car is sitting still and you push down on a corner the shocks should stop the bounce. Thats what there for. If it bounes at a stand still then their no good. With your current springs do you feel the car hitting the stops?

Why o why don't people just stay with the Air! :D

After having three different suspensions on my car, I have come to realize the same thing.

My coils finally work to my liking, but I will never again convert a Mark VIII :)

Never had a problem with my springs. I love em stiffer and more reliable in the long run. :cool:

I used a lowered kit on my car... for about three months. All respect to other parts of the country where you folks can pull it off... but here in PA (home of the worst roads in the country), lowered cars are just too much trouble. I eventually got sick of all the scraping and whatnot and put a set of variable rate TRW full height springs on it. Much better now.

ok I went with this as well. Mistake number 1 - I did not have new boots, and forgot to put boots on the front on the shock. Tool from harbor freight broke installing the variable rates - didn't let the spring loose just cracked off one of the knuckles that hold it on, hurt like a mofo.

I got the autozone tool which was far suprerior. The only downside to those is that the bolt end of the tool can get in the way of the mount or the bottom of the spring, and those variable rate springs for the front require a lot of torque to get them acceptable to come off. I didn't mark the first one and it didn't line up right - had to take a Big fn pipe wrench and the hand of my jack to turn it to get it lined up right. The other side I marked and it went easy.

The thing about the moogs is that the fronts you have to put the close coil side down? and the back is the opposite, but i don't remember. So I think I put the backs in upside down because the front of my car is jacked up hemann style but the back looks the same as it was when i swapped out springs. I looked at the instructions from Arnott or something and my coil conversion from strutmasters only has a blanket where the spring goes - there is no lower piece, which may be why it is so low. Anyone know if the tbird have that bottom housing piece? I am pretty sure that they are installed backwards i'm going to work on that tomorrow, rear springs are very easy, but suprised all there was, was a blanket for the bottom. I had the mount for the top that goes on top of the spring, that has the tip of the top that goes in on the body there to hold it in place, but just nothing on the bottom.

The arnott sayd you bolt that housing in on the bottom, but like i said i don't have that - must not have come with the lowered coil conversion kit? So maybe the springs are installed right but because of that billet piece that the bottom spring would sit on makes it normal ride heighth? or there upside down. I'll snap a few pics when were working on it so you know what I mean.

Members online

No members online now.
Back