young mark 8s progress thread

Yes, and post all of your questions and updates on your car in here instead of starting seperate threads..unless it has nothing to do with your car.

back when i did the u joints replaced them with duralast ones for now the u joint closest to the tranny had no bearings left and the caps were ate through almost and the joint its self lost alot of material

uploadfromtaptalk1376147344523.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1376147384701.jpg

Wish I had that HVAC unit, my buttons are all busted up. Oh well, I'll find one some day. :)

Spree..replace it with any eatc from 95-98..they all work and have hard buttons that won't get all screwed up. Not too hard to find.

Very good, lets see some better pics of that thing washed/cleaned up.

Wish I had that HVAC unit, my buttons are all busted up. Oh well, I'll find one some day. :)
here ya go Dan,
P8100585_zpsb8d85aaf.jpg

----
pm me your address, I'll send it to ya;
---
hook it up, test it, if/when it works pay whatever you want- I don't have much in it; no reason to think it doesn't work

Spree..replace it with any eatc from 95-98..they all work and have hard buttons that won't get all screwed up. Not too hard to find.

I thought the only hard button that was compatible with a 94 was a 95? I thought the 96 -98 only worked half a$$. I thought I remember Sapper saying something about things not working right.

I thought the only hard button that was compatible with a 94 was a 95? I thought the 96 -98 only worked half a$$. I thought I remember Sapper saying something about things not working right.

I believe that's true. I went through over a dozen of them from various Marks and other cars to figure them out and never once got a 97-98 to work in my black 94 and finally bought one from a 95 with the blue backing and it worked perfectly. Seems like Duck bought that one from me after the car burned.

how does a matte black mark viii sound with american racing style 5 spoke rims and white letter bridgestones

Any unit from a 93-96 Mark VIII will work on any 93-96 Mark VIII. 97-98's only work on 97 and 98.

95 is identical in appearance to the 93 and 94, just has hard buttons. 96 is identical in appearance to 97-98, but only work on 93-96. They may "work" on other years, but not 100% correctly.

There have been some people that have successfully used units from other Ford vehicles, but those seem to be hit or miss.

how does a matte black mark viii sound with american racing style 5 spoke rims and white letter bridgestones
sounds like a hub swap to start with; I guess it was/is popular to 'murder' a mark VIII- black out as much as possible, maybe some red accents thrown in; those are usually done gloss; I don't know of any car that looks good with a matte finish. Maybe a BMW Pinnafarina would?

Members online

No members online now.
Back