Yes, I am childish sometimes.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was just cruisin to get some groceries in the old Mark and I see this brand spankin new Charger R/T (the 340hp one I think) in bright red and paper plates on it. Just so happens we catch the light right as it turns red. I had my window down and I see his is too. Its a couple young guys, maybe 20ish. I say "Nice car, I really like them. You must be happy." seeing as the car is brand new and all. He just says "Its aight".... damn white kids. So I say "How is it off the line?" I was curious as I dont know anyone that owns one. He gets a cocky smirk and says "Way better then that thing."
Me: You sure?
Him: No problem, what is that? A Buick?
Me: Nope, just an old Lincoln. Lights about to turn green, wana see how sure you are?
Him: Yup *looks at passenger* How do you turn the traction controll off?
Me: :lol:

I then turn off my traction controll and try to quickly flash the convertor.
Light turns green and I gave 1/2 throttle then stabbed it in a fairly quick motion. Got a tiny bit of wheel spin and the car just lept foreward. Halfway through the intersection his front bumper was at the trailing edge of my door. By the time we were all the way through the intersection I had him at my rear bumper and kept pulling away. I let out at 50 mph (was a 50 zone) and he rolled up and shouted "Really? What is that?" I just said its a Mark VIII, he gave me a thumbs up and I went on my way. :wrench

I almost dont want to do an exhaust cause the car is so silent right now that its a true sleeper. :lol:

haha oh my! stupid kids dont appreciate cars. I got a buddy with a 96' impala SS with a few minor mods and imma be racing him in a few days. Gonna see how that turns out will maybe post a vid but forsure some pics!

Almost forgot. On the way back I see this black Gen 1 Mark VIII sitting on the corner of this used car lot, little hole in the wall place. This car has been there for a while and is dirty as hell so I always ignored it. Its also all the way down on all four corners. Well I stopped and looked at it today and the thing is pretty damn nice! Black on black with a moon roof. The leather looks like new, the whole inside looks like new just dusty. Not a ding or scratch on the car and it looked like 48,000 miles!
I went up to the office trying not to look excited and some ditzy blond was sitting there and when I asked how much they want for it she just said its not for sale. :mad:
She took my number for the owner to call me so I hope he does. Thing has been there for the last year and has not been moved. Bet its only problem is the air ride.

Get that damn car Laser. What year is it or better yet, what rims does it have? normally the regular 20 spokes were on 93's and then snowflakes were on the 94's and then 10 spoke on the 95 and 96. Not all the time but for the most part, that's what came on them unless ordered differently.

If you decide you don't want it and all that's wrong with it is the air ride, let me know. You should get it just for the moon roof lol. I bet if they would sell right now with the air ride messed up, you could get a deal unless they think they have one of them $10,000 Marks like some of the other sellers.

Nice kill. I like being underestimated. Jaws drop any time i go from 15-60 in a flash. :D Hope you can pick up that slammed one cheap.

i keep hearing you talk about how fast your base model is, whats it run at the track?

Get that damn car Laser. What year is it or better yet, what rims does it have? normally the regular 20 spokes were on 93's and then snowflakes were on the 94's and then 10 spoke on the 95 and 96. Not all the time but for the most part, that's what came on them unless ordered differently.

If you decide you don't want it and all that's wrong with it is the air ride, let me know. You should get it just for the moon roof lol. I bet if they would sell right now with the air ride messed up, you could get a deal unless they think they have one of them $10,000 Marks like some of the other sellers.

I know its not a 96 cause its a single din radio opening. The wheels were snow flakes if I remember correctly. The chrome strip that runs around the center of the car is all peeled as well. I would replace that with a non chrome version anyway. Car would be killer with a black grill and the new gun metal five spokes that whatshisname is making now.
I would love to get it and hope the owner will work me a deal on it. I was not interested untill I saw the interior and saw that the leather didnt evenhave a wrinkle on it. It was a chicks car cause there are some high heel shoes and makeup components in the car. He has a towing service too and I think it may be impounded. I do remember seeing that car there before Thanksgiving last year so he may be trying to get it as an abandoned vehicle or something.

i keep hearing you talk about how fast your base model is, whats it run at the track?

Thats just it, I dont think the car is rediculously fast but it is damn quick for what it is.
Before I did any suspension mods it ran 8.9x all the time in the 1/8th. There was one fluke run where it did a 8.69 but I have never been able to duplicate it. I have only had a dozen passes down the 1/8th track and most were 8.9x but a couple were 8.8x I didnt save any slips though, didnt think there was anything special there. Pretty sure the trap speed was79-80 MPH but not positive. So you see, its pretty slow. I must just get lucky on the street or line up against tards that cant drive. :confused:

As soon as I get the gears and trac lok in next month then I will go run her again. Its a great little outlaw track, not the smoothest in the world but its only $10 and you can get in as many runs as you want. I did three back to back and only waited 2 minutes before being able to line back up.
I got yelled at though. Had my AC on and dripped on the track. Some low 6 second beast behind me ran and almost went into the wall because of my water. :(

I know its not a 96 cause its a single din radio opening. The wheels were snow flakes if I remember correctly. The chrome strip that runs around the center of the car is all peeled as well. I would replace that with a non chrome version anyway. Car would be killer with a black grill and the new gun metal five spokes that whatshisname is making now.
I would love to get it and hope the owner will work me a deal on it. I was not interested untill I saw the interior and saw that the leather didnt evenhave a wrinkle on it. It was a chicks car cause there are some high heel shoes and makeup components in the car. He has a towing service too and I think it may be impounded. I do remember seeing that car there before Thanksgiving last year so he may be trying to get it as an abandoned vehicle or something.

Thats just it, I dont think the car is rediculously fast but it is damn quick for what it is.
Before I did any suspension mods it ran 8.9x all the time in the 1/8th. There was one fluke run where it did a 8.69 but I have never been able to duplicate it. I have only had a dozen passes down the 1/8th track and most were 8.9x but a couple were 8.8x I didnt save any slips though, didnt think there was anything special there. Pretty sure the trap speed was79-80 MPH but not positive. So you see, its pretty slow. I must just get lucky on the street or line up against tards that cant drive. :confused:

As soon as I get the gears and trac lok in next month then I will go run her again. Its a great little outlaw track, not the smoothest in the world but its only $10 and you can get in as many runs as you want. I did three back to back and only waited 2 minutes before being able to line back up.
I got yelled at though. Had my AC on and dripped on the track. Some low 6 second beast behind me ran and almost went into the wall because of my water. :(

Lol, settle down killer. I was talking to Micah. You have the green LSC in your sig, dont you? Thats an awesome color and nice kill. Anything done to your car besides whats in the sig? When mine was stock it ran 9.6 in the eighth, i've since added everything in my sig. Have yet to make a run to see the improvement. Probably not much, but something.

Nope, all it has is the mods in my sig. Is 8.9 fast for a tuned only Mark? Cant wait to see what the gears do with the trac lok! :wrench

BTW, I wasnt riled up. :lol: I just win against cars that I think should have beaten me up all the time and figure I must be one lucky dude or they just cant drive. I have not yet lost to a Hemi, I have never raced a SRT version but Chargers and 300Cs screw with me all the time. Sometimes Mustang GTs do too (SN95) but its on the highway and from 50-90 the Mark ownes them.

Mabey I got lucky and got a factory freak. :D

Nope, all it has is the mods in my sig. Is 8.9 fast for a tuned only Mark? Cant wait to see what the gears do with the trac lok! :wrench

BTW, I wasnt riled up. :lol: I just win against cars that I think should have beaten me up all the time and figure I must be one lucky dude or they just cant drive. I have not yet lost to a Hemi, I have never raced a SRT version but Chargers and 300Cs screw with me all the time. Sometimes Mustang GTs do too (SN95) but its on the highway and from 50-90 the Mark ownes them.

Mabey I got lucky and got a factory freak. :D

lol i hear ya. Not sure if its fast or what, i havent had mine since its been tuned either. I've been told mine was strong as well as it run a 14.9 bone stock...i need to install the jmod parts (had them for months) and get some gears as well. Still up in the air at what ratio i want, someday i would like to have a power adder and i dont know it 4.10's or 4.30's would be to much for it...either way gears are next to on the to do list. :D

oh and i love owning cars like that to....i always give them a big thumbsdown and a :q:q:q:qeating grin as they are like WTF?

Being black on black, tint'd, gauges running down the pillar, and a pair of LMS x2's stickin out the back...i get screwed with all the time.

Lol, settle down killer. I was talking to Micah. You have the green LSC in your sig, dont you? Thats an awesome color and nice kill. Anything done to your car besides whats in the sig? When mine was stock it ran 9.6 in the eighth, i've since added everything in my sig. Have yet to make a run to see the improvement. Probably not much, but something.

Damnit! I am a liar! :( I was just talking to my friend and he said that was my Cobra! (car would NOT catch first at all) :lol: I feel like a total douche. The Mark ran a best of 9.4x at 76 mph but was running 9.6x consistantly at 73-74 MPH. I did do a 10.03 but that was with hellashious wheel spin.
It was over a year ago and it all just blended together. So its about identical to yours in acceleration.
Sorry about that, I totally screwed the pooch on that. :(

It was my baby. An 03 Sonic Blue coupe with every suspension mod you can do. It made 447 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno and was just a blast to throw through the corners. Man I miss that car.

Yeah, im a putz. :lol: Guess I can shoot for 8's with the gears and Trac Lok. I had to launch at idle and didnt know to flash the convertor. Being able to launch it harder and get rid of the 2.6 60' times and I should be there . :D

The car you are looking at is either a 93 or a 94. The easy way to tell is to see if it has the Lincoln logo on the seats. If it does it is a 94, if not it is a 93.

The car you are looking at is either a 93 or a 94. The easy way to tell is to see if it has the Lincoln logo on the seats. If it does it is a 94, if not it is a 93.

Another way to tell if it's an early 94 is to see if it is missing the trac loc button. It already sounds like a 94 just knowing that it has snowflakes on it. I hate those damn rims. That's some low mileage too and if the interior is as clean as you say and it runs good with no dings all in it, I would try my best to get it and drive away with it slammed. Might just be a simple fix for us Mark owners but to him, he might think it needs $2 grand put into it to make it driveable. That would be one rough ride home. I have had mine slammed in the front once and damn, that was a bouncy ride. You never know, you might get it for $500 to $1000 settin like it is.

No, no, I wasn't picking you up on that - I knew what you meant.

Just curious, how does a 94 differ from a 93 by that button? Was T/A standardized on the 94, whereas optional on 93, or something?

Edit: Was just looking at the 93 sales brochure - it would appear flakes were standard and directional wheels were an option.

Yeah, im a putz. :lol: Guess I can shoot for 8's with the gears and Trac Lok. I had to launch at idle and didnt know to flash the convertor. Being able to launch it harder and get rid of the 2.6 60' times and I should be there . :D

I get a consistent 2.2 60' launching at idle, od/tc off. *shrug*

Members online

Back