Y'all better go fill the tank up ASAP

Oil is indeed a finite resource. However if we started drilling locally and using our Tar sands we'd have plenty to go a few hundred years and find a VIABLE alternative.

If we exploit EVERY oil resource, considering that would destroy alot of land and be extremely ineffective to refine cost wise, yeah we got quite a bit. We aren't gonna go after that stuff, it's cheaper to pay the CJ's for thier oil and have our stuff for dire circumstances in the event we need to hide our tails and run for the hills. My statement though, it was meant in that we wouldn't be going through these hunger pangs if it was an infinite resource. People wouldn't be fighting or worried about who gets to feed off of whom. This isn't our first oil related problem, it won't be the last. There are guys who preach end times or that there will be some huge instability, they are always wrong. If everyone spent all the time they do writing the same scenario over and over and trying to drill our land until it's big ant farm of holes, and put that effort into alternative fuel we could all shut up over it. Whatever you will consider for the next fuel alternate, if they put that spent time intofinding a product that will run our cars instead and can be mass produced and easy replenished, it's wiser than fighting over the same dead dinosaurs.

Not looking good in the coming days, at all! Still didn't stop our stupid ass president from going to Brazil and giving them $2 billion to drill off their shores so they could export to us. What a dumb ass.
The two billion dollar loan was made through the Export-Import Bank, which operates independently of the federal government, and was approved by Bush appointees in early 2009. The loan money is to be spent exclusively on buying equipment and services from American companies. That's what the Ex-Im Bank does. Obama didn't have a God Damned thing to do with it, nor was a single taxpayer dollar used to fund it. This is just another right-wing lie that never seems to die.

As for Obama promising "assistance" for the offshore drilling, I think you're reading much more into it than is implied. Since we've established that Obama hasn't (nor has the authority to) sent any taxpayer money to Brazil, what does that leave? Consider this: Since Brazil is a sovereign country and all, we can't tell them they can't drill in their own waters. What we CAN do is provide technical expertise and advice when it comes to avoiding another Deepwater Horizon catastrophe.

We need to be drilling over here, not over there. We need jobs created over here, not over there. I think Obama is part of the Muslim Brotherhood lol. Just like Donald Trump said, why won't he show his birth certificate? His wife is just in this for the free ride and I think Obama is in it for the same. He don't know what he's doing. He's always taking vacations but he's gonna catch hell all this week though.

I see very bad times coming our way and it's coming sooner than people think. America is about to be destabilized by the middle east and then there's that Lerner guy that has plans on crashing the stock market at the first of May. If he plays it right, it will happen. Sign-O-The-Times.:cool:
You've just boarded the Glenn Beck Crazy Train at this point. It's impossible to even respond to this crap.

The two billion dollar loan was made through the Export-Import Bank, which operates independently of the federal government

Good one. I'm glad you believe everything the government tells you.

Obama didn't have a God Damned thing to do with it, nor was a single taxpayer dollar used to fund it. This is just another right-wing lie that never seems to die.

Wasn't approved and finalized until he went over there.

Since we've established that Obama hasn't (nor has the authority to) sent any taxpayer money to Brazil, what does that leave?

You apparently established that conclusion and I never mentioned taxpayer's money anyway but now that you mention it.....

Consider this: Since Brazil is a sovereign country and all, we can't tell them they can't drill in their own waters. What we CAN do is provide technical expertise and advice when it comes to avoiding another Deepwater Horizon catastrophe.

Ohh really? Ok, since we now know the technical expertise and we CAN give advice, shouldn't we be taking our own advice, money and technical expertise and drilling here?

You've just boarded the Glenn Beck Crazy Train at this point. It's impossible to even respond to this crap.

Don't know what that train would be but now that I look, I see that he makes sense and does show facts.

I can almost tell who you voted for. ;) The man that doesn't call a war, a war. They come up with "It's 'Kinetic Military Action" = WAR and I guess all Tomahawk missile's weren't out of taxpayers pockets?

Please don't take the "Sign-O-The Times" comment serious. I'm not trying to predict anything, certainly not the end of the world. You have leaders that have been in the middle east for 30, 40+ years and look at what's happening. Have you ever seen this before? No, you haven't and even when all these leaders are pushed out, does anyone have the slightest clue who is taking them over? No, we don't.

I don't care who bashes me over it but I think Obama sucks. He has absolutely no experience and has shown proof that he's not a leader. He said a lot of things to get elected but has he done any of them? No, he never will. He's gonna ride out his term the best way he can and then get the hell out of dodge.

...You've just boarded the Glenn Beck Crazy Train at this point. It's impossible to even respond to this crap.

Your reference, above, to Glenn Beck makes your mindset clear enough that a rational person couldn't take at face value a statement from you that 'it's daytime'.

KS

Your reference, above, to Glenn Beck makes your mindset clear enough that a rational person couldn't take at face value a statement from you that 'it's daytime'.

KS
I'm already well aware of your "mindset" as well, so I'm not particularly concerned about your opinion of my opinion.

MODS, it's long past time to move this to the "cesspool" of the Politics forum. I prefer to keep what happens in the politics forum in the politics forum. Out here, we're all car guys just trying to have fun. Bear in mind I didn't start this sh!t.

I won't bring any of this up again in this thread. It was bullsh!t when I started it and none of it is true. It's all just in my imagination.

Feel free to talk about oil and energy, but keep your Muslim Brotherhood, birther, Obama bashing bull:q:q:q:q out of here, that's what I took issue with.

Gas is still mid 3.30s here (for regular,) as it's been for about a month.

Japan isn't having much of an effect, Libya is in the middle of a civil war and can't scare the speculators much more than it already is.

Feel free to talk about oil and energy, but keep your Muslim Brotherhood, birther, Obama bashing bull:q:q:q:q out of here, that's what I took issue with.

Gas is still mid 3.30s here (for regular,) as it's been for about a month.

Japan isn't having much of an effect, Libya is in the middle of a civil war and can't scare the speculators much more than it already is.

Just so you know, I asked for post# 196 to the end to be deleted. I personally sent a PM so it's a matter of time. You and Marcus are correct. It shouldn't have been brought up in here. Also, proud to see your gas prices have remained the same while all others have went up. You must live in a lucky town.

Its his thread, he can talk about whatever he wants.

Besides, Obummer sucks.

Oh yeah!? Well then.

pedobabbyp1.gif

Oil broke the $110 mark today.

Well, the President said we all need to just go trade in gas guzzlers and buy a new GM... of Ford or Chrysler.

Nothing about expanding demand or pursuing viable alternatives, considering he's slashed the funding for hydrogen power initiatives.

Personally, I'm a huge proponent of hydrogen cars, nuclear energy, and Yucca Mountain.

I did a speech on Hydrogen and the future, I think it's what we need. I will never understand the mentality of the way our government works. Dig a hole and don't even try to climb out before we start filling it in.

The battery technology is not good.
Even if the recycling technology improves, they are still very toxic, heavy, expensive, slow to recharge, and primarily mined and produced overseas.

Hydrogen is abundant, clean, and can be produced using the unused nuclear energy produced at night when demand is low. This means it's production cost would be very low and the gas station infrastructure is already in place.

Not to mention, GM, Ford, Honda, ect. already HAD viable programs in place.
YouTube - Honda FCX Clarity review by James May
YouTube - Ford Fusion Hydrogen 999: World's Fastest Hydrogen Car
YouTube - General Motors Sequel - Fuel Cell Hydrogen Car

I quoted James May in my speech. Hydrogen stops the impracticality of hybrid cars with the fact it doesn't use batteries as "middlemen" which saves weight, cost, and resources. I could see Hydrogen as the next generation of vehicles as easily as the hybrids we see today, but they just need to shift development over to this technology. Refinement of Hydrogen, cost cutting of Hydrogen vehicles, and disbursement of infrastructure is where the dollars should be spent. I say the first adopters of Hydrogen ought to be police/government/emergency services/school buses/city buses, they usually have only one place they fuel up anyway, and a hydrogen rig where they have to go anyway wouldn't be much different.

In my eyes we could've had alternative means of powering a vehicle long ago..Everything it centered around fuel. Theres money to be made there. Thus the gov will never fully convert to a cheaper more efficent means of energy. The attemp of alt fuels by the gov and automakers is pathetic.

And i just spent 4.19 a gal:(

There is some very clever work being done regarding bio-oil, having developed algae that produces good crude from very little. May well be the 'new thing'.

KS

I have said it over, and over, and more than likely I won't live to see it, but the only viable, and inexhaustible source of power is the ocean , and one day all vehicles will use the ocean water as fuel.
Today, technology isn't sufficient to come to terms with ocean water being used for fuel, but in years to come, I think it will
Bob.

I have said it over, and over, and more than likely I won't live to see it, but the only viable, and inexhaustible source of power is the ocean , and one day all vehicles will use the ocean water as fuel.
Today, technology isn't sufficient to come to terms with ocean water being used for fuel, but in years to come, I think it will
Bob.

Well, if it happened today, I can guarantee you one thing. Obama would make sure we were dependent on a foreign country to pump it out for us. The US would not have any permits to do so. I'm going to copy and paste something below. It kinda makes you wonder what's really going on. It is simply ridiculous that we depend on any other country for oil.

I don't know if you were aware of this. As the world catches fire (politically) and fuel prices hit the roof, here's something to be reminded of. Not a lot of newsplay.

Subject: OIL---you better be sitting down when you read this ! !

You "will" pay $5 a gallon + again and you won't complain loud enough to make a difference, RIGHT!

Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information :
About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana ..... check THIS out:
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!
U.. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?
They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen
- and it's all right here in the Western United States .
HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:
Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices - by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.
Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book.

By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

Bob.

Ocean water is limited. Inexhaustible is something we cannot measure, there are roughly 326 million trillion gallons of liquid water, it is our lifeblood, it's what makes our planet special, if you think it's unlimited you are mistaken. :)

Oh and if you think that's more than could ever be used, don't forget about what they said about oil...

Members online

No members online now.
Back