Y'all better go fill the tank up ASAP

Is there such thing as a Corporatocracy? ...A bunch of rich corporate scumbags dictating our future by lobbying for their own greedy selves and not the future of America, hence the outsourcing. These guys know how to fix the economy, but they won't.

Yes. It's called Capitalism. :)

Rapture? May 21st? Hell, every year someone pipes up about how the world will end next year.

Next year, (Dec 2012), the world is supposed to end because that's where the Mayan calendar stopped. I don't know what's planned for 2013, though.

2012cartoon.jpg

Supposedly it's Dec 21, 2012 but it's not the end on that particular date. They say it's the beginning of the end and will take years. What I hate most about that damn calendar is that it started on the same day I was born and the same month, 8/11 but anyway, the storms, volcano's, earthquakes are already here. They'll probably get worse but I don't see the end coming on that date. Nostradamus also predicted 2012 and the Egyptians and a few others did too. idk....

The end won't come on 12/21/12. That's just the end of the last Myan calendar cycle. A new cycle would/should have started at that time if the Myans had continued to exist. It's probably just like Y2K. But I could be wrong...one never knows...

Since Feb 22nd when I filled up, this is where I stand as of today. I have made one trip to Decatur, AL. from Madison, AL. and a trip to Huntsville, AL. to see a lawyer today. The rest has went to taking my son to school every morning.

DSC02800.jpg

On my way home today from the lawyers office, I pulled into where I filled up on the 22nd and these are the prices today. These two are phone pics.

Photo0416.jpg

Pulled up to the pump and snapped this one and drove off.

Photo0417.jpg

Still under $4 here for premium. I've stopped caring though. Can't change it, why sweat it?

Wow. Usually around here it's 10c more per gallon for midgrade, and another 10c for premium. I've seen a 15 cent jump between grades of gasoline, but I've never seen a jump like that.

Still sitting on a 3.40 average for regular here.

Wow. Usually around here it's 10c more per gallon for midgrade, and another 10c for premium. I've seen a 15 cent jump between grades of gasoline, but I've never seen a jump like that.

Still sitting on a 3.40 average for regular here.

I noticed your area is staying pretty low so far. Maybe it'll hang in there for you and stay low. That pic I took yesterday is where it cost me $3.65 for premium on the 22nd of Feb. It's one of the highest priced places in my city, mainly because it's ethanol free, so they say.

Murphy has 91 there and it's $3.67 for premium as of 45 min ago and Chevron right across the street from that Phillips 66 is $3.89 for premium 93.

4.84 a gallon today. A tank of gas last me 4 days tops. I'd have sex with Helen keler if a tank of gas could last me a month

Libya has completely shut down all production of oil now! Didn't someone mention that this was going to smooth over in a couple of weeks? The former president of Shell Oil Co. said that $5 a gallon was possible by 2012 because of factors that go well beyond Japan's disaster and the unrest in the Middle East and North Africa.China's daily consumption of oil is expected to increase from 9 million barrels a day to 15 million barrels a day by 2015. The U.S. consumes 20 million a day. Maybe it stays the same, maybe it goes to 21 million a day. Where is all of this oil going to come from?

My answer, we start drilling and quit stalling. The pic below is from Del Mar, California.

60127671.jpg

The Japanese earthquake has helped keep prices from rising in the past 4 days. It will be interesting to see which force will win out, Libyan oil production halt or a possible Japanese depression.

The Japanese earthquake has helped keep prices fro rising in the past 4 days. It will be interesting to see which force will win out, Libyan oil production halt or a possible Japanese depression.

The Japanese do a lot of refining but now.... idk. As for that old ass pecker head over in Libya, he could care less. I think only 3% of his oil came to us anyway. I haven't been keeping up with Saudi Arabia but if they end up in a bad situation, then Obama will tap our reserves. If we had only started drilling when Bush started his term, we would be set right now. They keep putting it off and it takes time to get things like that up and running. Our dollar is about to collapse in the Japanese stock market when they start selling out treasury bonds to rebuild. I think we have a mess coming.

Oil down about 3 1/2 dollars so far today.

Japan didn't scare the speculators for very long, oil shot up nearly 3 and a half dollars today.

Members online

Back