WTB 2 -17" Cobra-R's narrow to use as Skinnys

Don Pfau

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to find 2 17" x 6"-7.5" wide Cobra R's to use like skinnys for the front when I go drag racing. With the standard 4 1/4" bolt pattern for a Mark VIII. I would prefer chrome ones.

Good luck. I mean finding some used one. Won't find any new ones.

You dont ask for much do ya? :lol:

Were they ever made? I dont think so. If you need skinnies then whats wrong with stock Mark wheels up front? Or even spares? Didnt Driller run spare tires up front for a bit?

I spoon fed this to you once already. www.weldcraftwheels.com

They will narrow any wheel you want. Or widen it, if that is what you need.

Not interested and I do not need to be spoon fed by you. I'm looking for a inexpensive solution. Not a way to take a expensive wheels, pay a lot for two way shipping and pay even more for the modification. Thanks but no thanks.

Didnt Driller run spare tires up front for a bit?
I've seen that and its a great idea. If I'm not mistaken the Mark spare is even Aluminum. I just wanted somthing that matched better and looked better if possible. Thanks may end up doing that though. Don

I've seen that and its a great idea. If I'm not mistaken the Mark spare is even Aluminum. I just wanted somthing that matched better and looked better if possible. Thanks may end up doing that though. Don

then buy some used mustang weld wheels. there are hundreds out there for sale.

I've seen that and its a great idea. If I'm not mistaken the Mark spare is even Aluminum. Don

Not all are aluminum, but they are out there.

I've seen them stripped and polished and they don't look bad.

I believe certain SuperCoupe aluminum spare wheels work as well and when they are stripped and polished, I think they look good.

Not interested and I do not need to be spoon fed by you. I'm looking for a inexpensive solution. Not a way to take a expensive wheels, pay a lot for two way shipping and pay even more for the modification. Thanks but no thanks.

Clearly you do. A search(actually common sense)will tell you that you can't find the Rs in our bolt pattern or any that are skinny. IIRC(I could be wrong)weldcraft is local to you. Plus if you ship them in two by frieght, they are not expensive to ship. You asked for something and I gave you the only possiblity of getting what you asked for(twice). No good deed goes unpunished.

Not all are aluminum, but they are out there.

I've seen them stripped and polished and they don't look bad.

I believe certain SuperCoupe aluminum spare wheels work as well and when they are stripped and polished, I think they look good.

Thank you Very Much.

Both of you philly0420 and ford nut I will never understand the grief the two of you gave me for first asking a member to show proof of a unreasonable claim that put him at the top of his class. Then this claim was starting to be repeated by other members as facts. So I asked a little bit more bluntly. Then I got a barrage of crap from you two. I guess you thought you were helping but you forced me defend my position that there is nothing wrong with asking and expecting some one to provide proof of a unreasonable claim. Especially when that claim takes the top spot from others who have and can provide proof. Your barrage of crap just continued the humiliation to the one you claim to be defending. Good job. No I do not think I was mean or unreasonable. I will defend the right to ask for proof of such claims to the death. The two of you were the ones that were mean and unreasonable. Part of being a man is being able to back up what you say.

Philly, if Don had came on here asking some of the most asinine questions, you could accuse him of needing spoon fed. Don has done things to his car that a very, very small number here have done to their cars. And I don't want to hear the "when I build my motor" crap... Don asked for a solution and you think your solution was so blatantly obvious, that he is stupid for not taking it. Every person is entitled to look for a solution to their problem, and decide the best course of action. Obviously, your "solution" is not what he was looking for.

Secondly, I have personally met the owner of the "fastest N/A" Mark VIII and can say he is a stand up guy. For whatever reason he doesn't feel the need to swing his e-peen is his decision. However, I see no reason why Don needs to be bashed for asking for proof and then getting blasted for not believing the claims that were boasted without proof.

Don, my best opinion for someone in your shoes would be a hub swap, then you can do all kinds of cool stuff for wheels. The purpose of the skinnys I would suppose is performance not so much looks, the spares would give you the light weight and support skinny tires.

No, and of the spares I've had/seen, both types are black painted and look similar... but a magnet will tell you which is which, if that's what you were after.

This is just a stupid thread. Don, two people gave you answers the best they could and you didn’t like them….so deal with it a little better buddy. I thought the spare tire rim solution was good…you asked for cheap, but then baby cried about not looking good… Someone have you a solution for looking good but not quite as cheap. And ya, they spoon-fed ya…so appreciate it. Dude, don’t post such a silly thread like this again..and if you do, maybe the buy/sell form would be more appropriate if you don't want feedback.

All I have done in this thread is suggest to you to do a hub swap.
And Help philly with his spelling.

Time to move on Don.
Its LVC.

;)

I'm out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back