Who makes the best rotors?

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have used BrakeMotive for years cause they have first class customer service. Their rotors are good for normal usage and prices cant be beat. Problem is when you push them they warp fast. :(

I am on my second set for the front and they are already pulsing the pedal and have heat spots. My Cobras had a different brand rotor (dont know brand) and I beat the hell out of the brakes and never warped or heat spotted them. My Termis weighed pretty close to the Mark and I dont think the extra couple hundred pounds is the issue, I just need better rotors.
The Cobra calipers I have are great and the EBC pads have a ton of bite.

Looking for suggestions (and a link) to good Cobra rotors. I am thinking a two piece would be cool so I can have the hat drilled to my bolt pattern and when the rotor wears I can just replace the ring and not drop $60 for a dang redrill again.

I have been searching on the Mustang sites but cant seem to find a nice quality rotor and all the ones on ebay appear to be the Power Stop/Slots which is what I have.

In a one-piece rotor, it's hard to beat Brembo. But they ain't cheap! Matching rears HERE.

After looking a bit more, they may have discontinued these, they seem to be out-of-stock everywhere.

I was looking through my pics and found this. These are the Baer Cobra rotors that we installed on Driller's car. Dual pattern. :D

HPIM0960.jpg

I've been drooling over these 2-piece Baers for a while, but then reality and common sense sets in. Face it, $900+ for a set of rotors is insane.

FRONT: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BAE-2261002/
REAR: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BAE-2262001/

And as for being able to replace the rings and keep the hats, I don't that's possible. At least I've never seen anything suggesting that they sell replacement rings. It think the whole two-piece thing is all about weight and looks, not convenience.

I've yet to hear of anybody having a good experience with slotted and/or drilled rotors. Personally I'd try to find a good set of plain/solid rotors. They just don't look as cool.

And as for being able to replace the rings and keep the hats, I don't that's possible. At least I've never seen anything suggesting that they sell replacement rings. It think the whole two-piece thing is all about weight and looks, not convenience.

MM sells the StopTech parts seperately, but they also ain't cheap! :eek:

Laser, with your particular style of driving might I suggest retrofitting the brakes for this on your Mark. :)

c-17.jpg

I have had these Baer EradiSpeed rotors on The Mark for a few years now. They have been doing great so far, but the anodized black hats need to be done over. They do not hold up well to wheel cleaner that is specifically made for anodized metal. :(

DSCN1547.jpg

DSC03325.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

DSC03319.jpg

hey bill, when you step on your brakes can you hear your calipers make noise, like they are moving a little? if i am stopped and roll forward a tiny bit and step on them again they make a faint pop sound, i really dont like how the cobra calipers only slide into the bracket then are held in place with a single pin and c-clip. could it be my pin is worn out? its funny when i had the rotors on backwards, the calipers never made noise at all, after i turned them around the right way, i get noises coming from them. i swear im gonna put all stock brakes back on and snowflakes and then really look like a sleeper, my exhaust at an idle is quiet, i could have some fun rocking snowflakes on it!

hey bill, when you step on your brakes can you hear your calipers make noise, like they are moving a little? if i am stopped and roll forward a tiny bit and step on them again they make a faint pop sound, i really dont like how the cobra calipers only slide into the bracket then are held in place with a single pin and c-clip. could it be my pin is worn out? its funny when i had the rotors on backwards, the calipers never made noise at all, after i turned them around the right way, i get noises coming from them. i swear im gonna put all stock brakes back on and snowflakes and then really look like a sleeper, my exhaust at an idle is quiet, i could have some fun rocking snowflakes on it!

You opt for SnowFlakes I want your SpeedStars...I'll put the ol lady on the corner for those rims

I told you you couldnt swap the rotors sides without also swapping the pads sides. The pads wont be bed in correctly.

I dont have that issue though just a slight wheel shake under light braking. If I press harder the shimmy goes away.

pick a decent quality rotor that you like and spend the $ to send them out for cryogenic treatment.

They will probably outlast the car if you do this. ok, not that long, but i think i heard it increases life by about 400%, plus greatly eliminates warping/cracking

Check out frozenrotors.com Cryo rotors last up to 4x longer than regular rotors.

Hmmm, never thougt of that. That would be pretty cool. :)

I gotta say the Baer rotors are hard to beat.

On a side note, our fleet manager had a trial run of cryo rotors with inconclusive results.

If anyone doubts the benefits of cryogenic treatment I give you this personal testimonial : when racing go karts with 5hp Briggs motors on alcohol, each rebuild we had to bore the block .10 more......after sending the motor to 300 below, we went 3 rebuilds before the block needed bored.

Members online

No members online now.
Back