Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LS handles better?

LS-It's no canyon carver with a lackluster 0.73 g's on the skidpad. ...

Mark VIII-still managing to pull an impressive 0.81 g at the skidpad,

OK who's Quicker?

2001 LS-.. It's reasonably fast (0-60 time of 7.2 seconds f

The 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII accelerates from 0-60 in 7.1 seconds.

These were quick picks and I tried to get the years as close as possible to keep from having some form of unfair advantage. However I am not seeing the LS superiority for some reason? LS guys like 4 door sedans and I like a 2 door luxo coupe but I ain't seein a superiority that is being spoken of :confused:

An LS is just 7/10th's short of having a real V8.

The gen II runs a 0-60 of 6.5 seconds not 7.

The gen II runs a 0-60 of 6.5 seconds not 7.

Can't compare a newer car like that, close comparison, first year LS, comparable year mark, mark wins. BlackLS, you just sound butthurt talking like that.

Also, this handling nonsense, aside from the proof, I drove an LS sport, it wasn't sh*t, same corner in my VIII and I can go faster, I recognize that is since I am used to my car, but, an obviously superior car ought to be better regardless. Minor measurement differences don't impress anyone. Also, LS's don't feel fast. Neither do Marks, but given a choice of the two, most would pour mods into making a mark faster.

You just came on here saying you can't afford to keep your Mark running. Now you're saying you can't keep the LS running. Sounds to me like you need to get yourself a nice Toyota and call it good.

ALSO read post #248

My LS is running Great! and I can afford it, if I couldn't, I wouldn't have bought it.

I'm just saying that the Mark seems to be a better car to work on with alot more power.

On this forum, I read more about the Marks than I do about the LS, so thats why I'm saying about the money that you guys put into them.........bags, springs, interior, blah, blah, blah:p

AND with everything I have learned here from You and the others......I now know what to look for when I go to buy one.

.........bags, springs, interior, blah, blah, blah:p
That's why I hate air-ride man, people don't take care of it and then us people who know how to fix them post and complain, lol. I just eliminate it on every mark I get, first sign of air-ride failure, I'm done with it.

This thread has the most variety of anything I've ever encountered on LvC.

Hi-jacking has gone to a whole new level. :D

Well went LS owners started crying I decided to stop caring and say whatever comes to mind. ;)

PONIES! YAY!

Is this the Poll thread :confused:

I haven't voted yet..................not going to

well............................ummmmmmm

put in all of the above:D

That's why I hate air-ride man, people don't take care of it and then us people who know how to fix them post and complain, lol. I just eliminate it on every mark I get, first sign of air-ride failure, I'm done with it.

AIR-RIDE???

don't people put that slime tire stuff in there???

LMAO, that dude was..........well............ummmm...........

Here comes ford nut spewing his stupidity. Eliminating air-ride is a smart decision once it begins to fail.

Eh not really, I've been working since the 80's on anything from fleet vehicles to Hi Po to Ultra Ho Performance vehicles. Ford seems to have one to many engineers involved with each vehicle causing more problems?

Yes there are worse but there are also much better depending on type of vehicle :confused:

Ehh, you are right in a way. I will admit the ball joints do seem to fail on fords faster then most. 150,000 miles and the mountaineer needed new ball joints, my mark has 160,000 and still has the factory ball joints. The old grand marquise had 260,000+ miles never once replaced anything on that car. I guess it all matters on how the car was taken care of.

Eliminating air-ride is a smart decision once it begins to fail.

How so? Air ride has a much better ride the coil springs, yes it costs more to maintain but once repaired it will be just as dependable as the coil springs. I will need new rear air bags soon, but will never replace them with coil springs.

Can't compare a newer car like that, close comparison, first year LS, comparable year mark, mark wins. BlackLS, you just sound butthurt talking like that.

Also, this handling nonsense, aside from the proof, I drove an LS sport, it wasn't sh*t, same corner in my VIII and I can go faster, I recognize that is since I am used to my car, but, an obviously superior car ought to be better regardless. Minor measurement differences don't impress anyone. Also, LS's don't feel fast. Neither do Marks, but given a choice of the two, most would pour mods into making a mark faster.

Not at all.

Second gen mark vs second gen ls sounds fair to me. Why compare the newest mark with the oldest ls??

The fastest mark vs the fastest ls sounds like the most fair comparison.

Not at all.

Second gen mark vs second gen ls sounds fair to me. Why compare the newest mark with the oldest ls??

Then that would be the oldest Mark against the newest LS. :D

leaving-1.gif

Even the fast stock Marks are crappy off the line - have to do a roll to win, from say, 100 MPH? :shifty:

:lol:

faster than an ls off the line.

even with traction control off the engine thinks about it for a second. damn drive by wire.

i cant even rev past 3k! :mad:.

Not at all.

Closer in year, technological advances make even the most junkpile of a car faster than it was... look at hondas and kias.

Sorry for post whoring, forgot to multi.

How so? Air ride has a much better ride the coil springs, yes it costs more to maintain but once repaired it will be just as dependable as the coil springs. I will need new rear air bags soon, but will never replace them with coil springs.

Cost. That's how. Air-ride doesn't have a "much" better ride, not at all... And it's far from trouble free when you have so many components over ten years old that rely on each other ready to fail. A set of good springs will replace an ENTIRE air ride setup for what 2 good front bags cost, factor in compressor assy, 4 bags, computer, sensors, all those parts that can fail and leave you with a stupid ass lowrider or a 4x4. That's your reason why air-ride on a car worth less than it costs to replace the whole system is stupid. When it fails; replace with springs, or you are wasting cash unless it is a prime condition car 100% stock.

Not at all.

Hmmm I think the last Mark vs it's alleged Superior replacement that wound up being slower and pulled less G's seems to make my point?

So you would rather take a car that is a decade newer and compare them, uh:rolleyes:

It don't matter cause I prefer a Mark as I like it, my air ride works and so far I replaced one coil boot and the oil filter/cooler gasket in the 23k I have owned this one.

i've replaced everything on this chick. but i'm not there to be sure of what i needed so i jus got everything i thought she could need other than a paint job.

Here comes ford nut spewing his stupidity. Eliminating air-ride is a smart decision once it begins to fail.

When you remove the air ride you lower the value of the car.

The one who is stupid is the fella that rips off the air ride at the first sign of trouble.

If your some cheap bastage, find a cheaper car.

If its fubar and you cant fix it fine...give up and install t-bird parts.
Might as well install the 4.6 motor out of that t-bird too.
After all...... its easier to work on, less trouble, and cheaper.

I have had both.
I prefer the ride that you get with air.
So did Lincoln when they made the car.

I love my air ride! It's the easiest suspension to maintain that I've ever encountered. I can change out all four air springs in less than 2 hours! Sure, it's a tad expensive...okay, it's really expensive...but it's worth it. Coils just kill the value, ride, handling, leveling, and overall feel of the Mark VIII. The air ride is one of the many components that make the Mark VIII unique. I'd never ever put coils on either of my Marks.

When you remove the air ride you lower the value of the car.

The one who is stupid is the fella that rips off the air ride at the first sign of trouble.

If your some cheap bastage, find a cheaper car.

If its fubar and you cant fix it fine...give up and install t-bird parts.
Might as well install the 4.6 motor out of that t-bird too.
After all...... its easier to work on, less trouble, and cheaper.

I have had both.
I prefer the ride that you get with air.
So did Lincoln when they made the car.

That's one thing I would never do is install any coil over conversion. Even if Eddie sold me the 1.5 lowered version for $25.00, I still would not swap it over. Air ride all the way. Mine has a 1 year old compressor from Eddie and front bags from a 98 and original rear air bags. Rides very smooth and when someone else rides with me that has never ridden in a Mark, they comment on how smooth the car rides. Maybe Lincoln should have made the air ride an option lol.

I just wonder how many Marks out there would have air and how many wouldn't, considering it probably would have been a guesstimated $3,000 option.

Members online

No members online now.
Back