Who are your favorite guitarists

Just off the top of my head...... Tom Scholz, Dann Huff, Phil Collen, Nancy Wilson, Billy Gibbons, Mike Campbell, Trevor Rabin, Edge, Bonnie Rait, Pete Townshend, Stanley Jordan, Jeff Baxter.......

Old school keyboard player workin a Hammond B3, Fender Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Kurzweil 2600 and a Yamaha GB1 Grand.

I cant believe nobody has mentioned dimebag darrel. One of my favs of all time. Along with uncle ted.

I got bored, so thought I'd ask this question just for fun. Here's a partial list of mine. Jimi Hendrix. SRV. Ace Frehley. Kirk Hammett. Joe Walsh. Al Di Meola. Jimmy Page. Eric Clapton. Jeff Beck. Gary Hoey. Also, Do you play,if so what kind of guitar(s) do you own? I have an Ibanez Destroyer and a Esp LTD M-200FM. and My Pride and Joy. Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst w/ gold hardware.:cool:

Chuck Berry ( the granddad of rock) Bo Diddley,,Jimmy reed,,Muddy Waters,,John Lee Hooker,, Hendrix,, JOE WALSH

Looking through this post makes me smile.

He died with 80% of the people who have heard his name,thinking he was no more than an old school actor. He had a quick, quiet funeral to ease the burden on his family, and was not even honored at the CMA's in 08' except for a nice tribute by Brad Paisley.

He was fine with everyone thinking of him as nothing, because he had everything he wanted. Love and ability to play music, a solid family, and many friends.

The 1st of September will mark 1 year after the loss of one of The GREATEST guitar players to ever walk the earth.

There are some on LVC that already know who I'm talking about but here he is.

Mike

YouTube - Jerry Reed And Chet Atkins Jerrys Breakdown

YouTube - Jerry Reed "Wabash Cannonball" & more

YouTube - Jerry Reed - City Of New Orleans

YouTube - Jerry Reed - Blue Moon of Kentucky

YouTube - Jerry Reed - "Lock On Me"

All of you forgot the world's most accomplished classical guitarist.
Does the name Sagovia stike a chord with any of you?
There has never been one like him, and I doubt there ever will.
Next on my list would be Chet Atkins, then Roy Clark.
Bob.

There are so many great players. It really depends on what genre you are listening to. I really like Martin Taylor right now. Great fingertip jazz player.

If this was a keyboard question, I would have to go with the late great Oscar Peterson.

My son is a great Jazz pianist and started playing guitar about a year ago to help out a band. He likes to play my dads guitar... 58 Chet Atkins Gretch.

YouTube - Martin Taylor - Don't Know Why - Harlow 22 June 2008

Phil Keaggy - Phil is a christian guitarist. Don't really care for some of the stuff he does, but some of it is crazy. This video is slow starting (talking at the begenning), but it has some really cool harmonics and tunings in it.

YouTube - Legacy-Phil Keaggy

Seriously? No one mentioned Angus Young! That guy is a madman! From the early 70's through today he runs around like a wildman while not missing a beat.
Joe Bonamassa - the best around right now! Case closed!

And Les Claypool is unreal.

very tough question
guitarists are much like ice cream flavors, far to many different styles.

I'm gonna go with..

To many mods to list

Members online

Back