Who are your favorite guitarists

Wow sounds like a sweet axe good luck with the build. I hope you reseached your luthier of choice very well, a bad guitar builder means nothing but trouble.

Thanks!

This is the picture of mine so far. It's the closest one:

http://www.trevisol.com/gallery/d/886-1/peteblank.JPG

So it's still got a LONGway to go. :D

He doesn't build the neck. It's ordered out. The only things built from scratch are the body, and the custom wound pickups. It's nice to be able to designate all options though.

Here is his website:

http://www.trevisol.com/

I cant believe hes one of my alltime favs and i didnt even see his initials in the very first post!

Holy Crap I just went over 100 posts I think I'll have a BEER. or should I say another BEER. :give

thats ok, I'll just reach in this here fridge and see what I find.... oh look an ice cold beer!!!!!!!!!

Victor Whooten is the best ever with a bass..... his brother reggie is amazing with a guitar as well!

surprised noone has mentioned slash, stevie ray vaugn, joe perry

I play bass BTW.... fender american standard fretless J-bass

Bass players, IMHO Les Claypool RULES When you are told by Metallica you are too good,that speaks volumes.

Bass players, IMHO Les Claypool RULES When you are told by Metallica you are too good,that speaks volumes.

Les Claypool is amazing.... but when a very reputable magazine states the opinion that Victor is the best as a fact.... it also speaks volumes. I highly encourage anyone who hasnt heard victor whooten play, search you tube!!! Warning, insane bass playing may cause permanent erection!

other bass player well worth checking out....

Stuart Hamm
Jaco Pastorious
Sting
and my personal favorite (less is more sometimes) Jeff Ament

here is the second part. I dont even like that style of music but watch just to sit in awe of him!

I will have to check out Victor Wooten a bit more than I am familar with,as I haven't heard Bella Fleck and the Flecktones in a while.

But My point with LC was: if you can pound the bass the way he does and make it the feature instrument in the band...you"re doing something right.

C'mon Matt Freemans solos are like a regular riffs for Les Claypool. But This thread wasn't supposed to be about bassists.

Members online

No members online now.
Back