Who are your favorite guitarists

Nova Prime

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I got bored, so thought I'd ask this question just for fun. Here's a partial list of mine. Jimi Hendrix. SRV. Ace Frehley. Kirk Hammett. Joe Walsh. Al Di Meola. Jimmy Page. Eric Clapton. Jeff Beck. Gary Hoey. Also, Do you play,if so what kind of guitar(s) do you own? I have an Ibanez Destroyer and a Esp LTD M-200FM. and My Pride and Joy. Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst w/ gold hardware.:cool:

tough ? there are so many "favorites"from LesPaul to Eddie VanHalen!!! my axe of choice is my 1991 LesPaul standard in black volume at 11 through my mesa boogie .50cal.also have a 1992 American standard strat in pearl white.a bunch of others but those to are my fav electrics and for Acoustic well my handle says it all

All my heroes are from this current era so they still have little recognition:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIzkUicwWto

I tried to find something that focused on the riffs and solo's in this song but I couldn't. Anyway, this song is IMO amongst the best all time thought out and orchestrated songs ever!

The solo in album quality gives you chills but makes you happy for some reason. Go figure-its Metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dh1U-G6374&feature=PlayList&p=4F8C200AC88FB720&playnext=1&index=39

tough ? there are so many "favorites"from LesPaul to Eddie VanHalen!!! my axe of choice is my 1991 LesPaul standard in black volume at 11 through my mesa boogie .50cal.also have a 1992 American standard strat in pearl white.a bunch of others but those to are my fav electrics and for Acoustic well my handle says it all

It's very subjective,which is what makes it fun. Excellent setup, and great choice of weaponry if I may say so.

I'm not a fan of his politcal crap but Tom Morello is one of my favorite. I love his distortion methods.

I was in a Van Halen cover band for 4+years - so his is still my all time favorite.

I play a fender strat & ibanez axestar on a fender hot rod twin-deville (2x12).

However - living in Austin - Monte Montgomery is one of the few live acts we actually make a point of going to see each time he plays around here - he is simply amazing. the things he does with overtones and harmonics without electronics....

http://montemontgomery.com/

You forgot Yngwie malmsteen, and Steve vai. I have a Japanese IBanez RG500, and a Mexican strat with American electronics, with a peavey delta blues 210

I was in a Van Halen cover band for 4+years - so his is still my all time favorite.

I play a fender strat & ibanez axestar on a fender hot rod twin-deville (2x12).

However - living in Austin - Monte Montgomery is one of the few live acts we actually make a point of going to see each time he plays around here - he is simply amazing. the things he does with overtones and harmonics without electronics....

http://montemontgomery.com/

Wow for I person to play VH for that long to into a indie guitarist like him... maybe I should check him out also.

Might not be anything special with a guitar but Dylan as a all around musician is one of my favorites.

got to repect a musician whos compulsion/addiction isnt drugs or rock and roll :just wang dang sweet poontang

My favorite guitarists? I always have different ones circulating through, but the ones that always inspire me are:

SRV
Jimi
John Mayer <-- actually very good blues playing

YouTube - John Mayer and Eric Clapton - Crossroads (ABC News)

My favorite guitar is being built as we speak. Strat clone, 2 piece alder body with sunburst finish, V to C neck (similar to the EJ sig strat), BG custom-wound pickups (trying to nail a classic hendrixy strat tone), tortoise shell pickguard, that's about it for decisions so far.

Amp selection is a Fender Blues Jr.

Here's a picture I sent the guitar maker, to get an idea of what I want the finished product to look like:

John-Mayer-Stratocaster-sm.jpg

My favorite guitarists? I always have different ones circulating through, but the ones that always inspire me are:

SRV
Jimi
John Mayer <-- actually very good blues playing

YouTube - John Mayer and Eric Clapton - Crossroads (ABC News)

My favorite guitar is being built as we speak. Strat clone, 2 piece alder body with sunburst finish, V to C neck (similar to the EJ sig strat), BG custom-wound pickups (trying to nail a classic hendrixy strat tone), tortoise shell pickguard, that's about it for decisions so far.

Amp selection is a Fender Blues Jr.

Here's a picture I sent the guitar maker, to get an idea of what I want the finished product to look like:

Wow sounds like a sweet axe good luck with the build. I hope you reseached your luthier of choice very well, a bad guitar builder means nothing but trouble.

Victor Whooten is the best ever with a bass..... his brother reggie is amazing with a guitar as well!

surprised noone has mentioned slash, stevie ray vaugn, joe perry

I play bass BTW.... fender american standard fretless J-bass

Victor Whooten is the best ever with a bass..... his brother reggie is amazing with a guitar as well!

surprised noone has mentioned slash, stevie ray vaugn, joe perry

I play bass BTW.... fender american standard fretless J-bass

SRV has been mentioned by me. Slash and Perry are up there as far as I'm concerned, just didn't mention them. It was a partial list.

Members online

Back