Where do you live

Live in San Jose Ca . We always get lumped in with SF yet san jose is a way bigger and nicer city. Yet we have almost as
many vietnamese as vietnam .
San%20Jose%20Sunset.jpg
SanJose.jpg

Sorry for getting these on here so late....

This is my home town. I have lived here for 21 years of my 22 year life. Beardstown is a really great town that has ALOT of history. Abraham Lincoln spent alot of time here and even fought a few historic court cases in our courthouse which I have included pictures of.

These are some pictures I snapped yesterday evening. I took the truck out for a spin, and decided I needed to grab these pics. You will notice, I have included old pictures also. Most of these are pictures of the same buildings in my pictures, but the scene has changed due to small ones being torn down, or renovated.

I love this town, and will live here till I die. Hope you like the pictures, and forgive me that I was'nt driving a MarkVIII while taking them. ;)

If you have time, Check out these links. Beardstown was also very instrumental in the formation, and growth of the NHRA. This is the strip of asphalt that started it all for my dad, and in turn....Me.
http://www.beardstown.lib.il.us/community/BeardstownDragStrip.html

This is the old stomping grounds. I hated every single day I was in this place, but hate to see it go. It was hot in the summer, and cold in the winter with hardly functional heating. My class (2002) started the campaign to have a new building put up. It took marches, rallies , and alot of phone calls to state reps, and officials to get the ball rolling. But we have it now. (Looking back I wish I would'nt have cause my property taxes went up ALOT because of it.)
http://www.beardstown.lib.il.us/community/schools/OldBHSExteriorPics.html

Here is the old girl today.
http://www.beardstown.lib.il.us/community/schools/DemolitionPictures.html

Anyway, thats my town. Come on by sometime, I'll be happy to show you around.

Mike

AerialBtownSM.jpg

Beardstownpics1.jpg

Beardstownpics 002.jpg

Beardstownpics 003.jpg

Beardstownpics 004.jpg

Beardstownpics 006.jpg

Beardstownpics 007.jpg

Beardstownpics 008.jpg

Beardstownpics 010.jpg

Beardstownpics 011.jpg

Beardstownpics 012.jpg

Beardstownpics 013.jpg

Beardstownpics 015.jpg

Beardstownpics 016.jpg

Beardstownpics 018.jpg

Beardstownpics 020.jpg

Beardstownpics 022.jpg

Beardstownpics 023.jpg

Beardstownpics 024.jpg

Beardstownpics 025.jpg

Beardstownpics 026.jpg

Beardstownpics 027.jpg

Beardstownpics 028.jpg

Beardstownpics 029.jpg

Beardstownpics 030.jpg

Beardstownpics 031.jpg

Beardstownpics 032.jpg

Beardstownpics 033.jpg

Beardstownpics 034.jpg

Beardstownpics 035.jpg

Beardstownpics 036.jpg

Beardstownpics 037.jpg

Beardstownpics 038.jpg

Beardstownpics 039.jpg

BtownFlood1922.jpg

Courthouseandoldfirehouse.jpg

Floodedlutheranchurch.jpg

MainstreetBleycablebuilding.jpg

now iv lived in a big city setering in a suburb area for my entire live
but i am planning one day on moving out
i want outa here
i want somthing in a small town country
i wana move somewhere that had a population of like 500 to 1000 tops i think :)
thats where i wana grow old :)

I live in South Charleston Ohio. Population 1500 (approx.). There were 2300 students in my high school in Cincinnati.All my life I lived in big cities and I left the first chance I got.This place is like something out of a G rated movie.Almost no crime, absolutley no traffic, and people are friendly.Not that "I will just smile and nod thing", I mean really nice and friendly.Even though it's out in nowhere, you're never more than 15 miles from anything you need.My friends quickly get tired of my endless praise, but this has got to be the best place to live.I hope the pics are ok, my camera sucks.There is beautiful farm land and woodland all around town in every direction, but all my pictures are blurry and look like it's going to rain, so I didn't post most of them.As it is the ones I posted may be crappy.

S. charleston 004.jpg

S. charleston 003.jpg

S. charleston 008.jpg

S. charleston 009.jpg

S. charleston 010.jpg

I forgot to mention the best part.Nice 3 bedroom house, large fenced in yard, GREAT schools, fantastic neighbors, my kids and I can ride our bikes all over town and they can play in the neighborhood without me having to constantly worry... $465.00 a month + utilities. And not an expressway to be found.

I know people in the city sometimes don't understand what we love about not being in the cities...

And I think that's the point not being in the cities...

They are not far away and you can visit them when ever you want.

Same here crazyman kids can roam the town and have fun without the worry of the issues of the cities.

Now mind you I'm not bashing the cities and for those who chose to live there that's fine... I just like the small town atmosphere...

Here is a little bit about where i live, i will try to post more pics in a few days.

File0001.jpg

File0003.jpg

File0004.jpg

File0005.jpg

Cool Pepps... I guess this thread would be a good thread for those wondering about Boscobel also. Go to the first post to see where the July 14th meet will be.

Thanks Rich, i have been wanting to post some pics of Hartshorne and i have a few but i ran accross this on my computer and decided to post it. It gives a little discription of Hartshorne and a few pics :cool:

For those of you going to the meet this is where the meet is going to be held
in Boscobel, check out the first post in this thread :cool:

Frat-man-du said:
Hang on...I blinked...Missed it...:D

Well it is almost that small LOL but there is smaller. Boscobel is about a mile wide. Doesn't take long to get from one end of town to the other.

That's why I can be on chat go to Dairy Queen and come back in about 5 to 10 min.

LOL...

Cool i will find it when i get there, that is after i drink a few Killians :D

Rich, yes i am very excited about this summer, for once i will be able to be at my first meet and i can't wait to meet you and everyone else. Woo Hoo it is going to be a blast :cool:

Members online

Back