when I floor it, the trans pushes me into the next gear??

this is the most useless forum ive seen, everything I ask turns into a joke or gay frogman talking S**T, wow.... WTF.... lincoln Mark owners talking s**t, is this a joke. C'mon guys, no ones really that cool on here. Why not just answer the question intead of talking s**t or better yet, grow the f**c up and ignore it if you dont have anything nice to say.

Now I know you paid somebody to build your other cars. Why don't you go back to that person to fix this.

To think I was getting ready to give some advise.

get a life old man, seriously, quit being an internet creeper like the way you searched for my cobra on google, your F**KED up. Go get laid or somthing, quit talking :q:q:q:q on the forums, gets old real fast

Hey, you linked your Cobra, it's not like I went searching for it, Ding-Ding!

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=553682&postcount=113

Of course, I can understand your memory facilities can't be all that vast, what with only three brain cells in that otherwise empty head of yours.

this is the most useless forum ive seen, everything I ask turns into a joke or gay frogman talking S**T,

Oh, I think you just put the last nail in your "coffin" here. Telling us these forums are useless, will indeed not get you any help from the members who know WTF they are talking about when it comes to Mark VIII's.

As far as you calling me gay? Who's the one that wants to screw me? I believe it was you who offered it. But just like everything else, you just don't get it. "No" means "no". No matter how much you'd like to buttsex me. Just not into it, man. Sorry.

wow.... WTF.... lincoln Mark owners talking s**t, is this a joke.

Nah. I think the "joke" is you. And sadly, you're not even funny.

C'mon guys, no ones really that cool on here.

I know some cool people here. When I grow up I wanna be just like them.

Why not just answer the question intead of talking s**t or better yet, grow the f**c up and ignore it if you dont have anything nice to say.

Your questions WERE answered. You're just too damned stupid to comprehend the answers. This is a recurring theme with you around here, it seems. People can only take so much stupidity before they give up. And buddy, you're way over your alloted amount.

You can't say anything nice to morons such as yourself... you see, it would seem that you don't understand "nice". Every time someone says something "nice", your three brain cells just can't comprehend it, and you go on asking the same damned question... over and over. I mean, seriously, man. Learn reading comprehension.

this is the most useless forum ive seen, everything I ask turns into a joke or gay frogman talking S**T, wow.... WTF.... lincoln Mark owners talking s**t, is this a joke. C'mon guys, no ones really that cool on here. Why not just answer the question intead of talking s**t or better yet, grow the f**c up and ignore it if you dont have anything nice to say.

Hey! I've given you way more leniency and latitude here.

Enough is enough.

If you want help, and you definitely 'need' help, change the tone. You can burn thru the 3 major sites for this car and then you are out of luck.

You rip on the members here. Let me ask you a question. How many other guys are having trouble on the forum like you are? Why would that be if you are the only one? Start there. Do some reflection.

Sure, there are alot of guys that are young. And a lot of guys that would date your girlfriend but we're really not interested in dating someone our daughter's age. Get my drift?

Do yourself a favor. Drain the trans fluid. Don't drain the torque converter. Get that? Loosen the nuts to the trans pan, let some pour out into your catch pan, loosen the nuts more and drain more until you can drop the pan without making a mess. Empty all the trans oil out of the pan and save the fluid. Take a picture of the pan and the magnet in the pan before going any further. SAVE THE TRANS FLUID WITHOUT GETTING ANY CRAP IN IT. You may need to put the old fluid back in depending on what the pictures of the magnet and drained pan look like. Look at the used fluid and describe the color and smell. Got it?

And it wouldn't hurt to find out from the previous owner if they performed a j-mod or added a shift kit.

While the pan is dropped, you might want to do a search of replacing the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators to see how to disassemble and inspect that section of the trans and make sure the springs are not broken and the seals are good.

Then get back to us with the pictures and a good attitude and see what happens.

gay.jpg

If I drive the car normal and no WOT, the trans feels nice and smooth, but if I punch it from a red light, it will go go go and when it changes gears, the trans pushes the car, as if it just got a boost of power from somewhere. The trans is super clean and has always been flushed and I even think theres a new valve body, not sure though

its a hard push, when it get close to redline, it feels like its running out of power and then when it upshifts, it pushes the car hard, like a boost of power type push as if something was holding it back the whole time and then it just got released

the chips out btw, so how do I adjust these shift points?

why would I get a tuner? Why would these shift points even be wacked? The car is stock?

You pretty much answered your own questions in the following post

it does supposedly have a shift kit, but I dont know much about it but im pretty sure the previous owner said the chip was the what gave the car better shifts, im going to try to get a hold of the previous owner about the shift kit. So this is an actual part that installed by the torque converter or what?

Had you do like most new members and have a look around and see how this forum operates and what will trigger a response that you don't like, you'd see that you REALLY need to use the search function, ask the previous owner if and what the chip was supposed to do and if it had a shift kit in it. Instead you came on here asking a bunch of dumba$$ questions that could have been answered by a) searching b)asking the previous owner c) looking in the tech section and finally d) using a bit of common sense. Instead you decide to get in a pissing match that you can and will never win. Frogman's responses are dictated by the subject matter of the post and experience of the poster. I promise that if you post more numbnuts posts without doing your due dillegence, you will continue to endure Frogman's wrath. He may be old, I don't know, but I can almost guarantee that he's forgotten more than you will probably ever learn. I am more than confident that Frogman does not need any defense. I am just telling you this for your own good. Just be damn proud that this post didn't happen on one of the other forums.

I'll I can say at this point is, are you related to big red apple? This is the BEST DAMN Mark VIII forum around. Their is more knowledge here than you can comprehend. We know squat about your car. You seem to know squat about YOUR car. Do your research, try to find your own answers, then ask your questions relaying all pertinent information you already gathered. That way we know your trying. Oh, and keep the butt loving and I'm gonna beat you up comments to yourself.

I still can`t figure out the question?

apparently his car at WOT will accelerate to redline,then shift........:shifty:

part of his question i think has to do with the sudden jolt of a hard/fast shift,

it may simply be the momentary forward sensation brought on by converting 6000 rpms of 4.6L momentum into 3700 rpms in .7 seconds time.

it may also be that his car is losing power after 5k due to poor plugs/fuel pump/air filter/blocked cats/bad wires/missing flux capacitors/chewing tobacco in the intake/high humidity/low compression.......etc..................... and then regaining power at a lower rpm after the shift.

thats all i can get out of it. i hope he figures it out,because we dont need any more slow mark 8s representing us on the street .

ok, so here the reciept from the previos owner, Im having a hard time reading half of the S**T here, what does it say about the valve body, says somthing about a shift kit and the converter and somthing else was flushed??
Also, whats K53908E for $75?

sc0000.gif

In the instructions it says.

R&R valve body to install trans-go shift kit- Trans in car- Flush cooler and converter. 200.00

Clean injectors

Dirty Flow Rate 38/36
Clean Flow Rate 36/30

Check Flow rate and SCRIBBLE Ohms. 75.00

He also used 12 Quarts of ATF. I wish I could tell you more, but he did'nt specify brand or synthetic or not.

[adjusts E.S.F.]

SK®AODE
(4R70W)

AODE 91-04
Ford/Mercury
Lincoln 94-up
Mustang, T-Bird,
Bronco, Lt Trucks

Calibration and Assembly Upgrades. Installs in 10 minutes. Crisp but Smooth Shifts. Corrects/Re-duces/Prevents: 4th band failure; 2nd roller failure; long soft 1-2 and 2-3 shifts; soft lockup; reduces accidental high-pressure parts breakage. Special Hi-tech fwd clutch rings, SOL regulator valve & EPC relief. For firm shifts use AODE-HD2

Not for free, when you bought the car you go it.

Also learn to edit your posts so that you are not post whoring, like a post whore.

so now that we know what I have, what does that mean for my hard upshifts when at WOT? Not like a banging hard, but a real hard push, not a smooth upshift when at WOT, like I said earlier, feels like the car is still going but no need to since the power isnt there anymore and then the upshifts happens and eveything just feels wierd, I guess the adjustment makes sense, is this shift kit any good anyways? even if its not, im not going to replace it or remove it anyways, so can someone tell me more about this shift kit I got or is it supposed to have these hard upshifts at WOT?

Dude, research, key part of the word being search.

I have learned after being told to search, why haven't you?

That also meens it could have caused some damage like braking a spring. With that shift kit AND the chip demanding a firmer shift then you could very well have hurt it.
I would do a fluid and filter change anyway and get a tuner. DO NOT SET YOUR SHIFTS FIRMER IN THE TUNE! Just adjust the shift points as needed. You may want to step the shift one setting firmer at WOT for the 2-3 and 3-4 shift to help the clutch pack out but not the part throttle setting unless you can choose a softer shift. Been so long since I tuned mine I couldn't tell ya if it has a softer shift option.

I just really think your problem is the car is shifting way outside its power band and making it feel harsher because when it changes gears its closer to its peak output at the next gears rpm engagement point.
The tach is a bit lethargic but when you go WOT what does the tach say the RPMs are when it shifts out of 1st and 2nd?

Members online

No members online now.
Back