when I floor it, the trans pushes me into the next gear??

vikingdiesel

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
If I drive the car normal and no WOT, the trans feels nice and smooth, but if I punch it from a red light, it will go go go and when it changes gears, the trans pushes the car, as if it just got a boost of power from somewhere. The trans is super clean and has always been flushed and I even think theres a new valve body, not sure though

I dont understand the question... is there one?
My car goes and then shifts and then goes some more at WOT. Weird thing is it will shift again and keep going more! Whats really nuts is it will do it a third time and still keep going! I am pretty sure mine gets the power boost from those 8 things under the hood going up and down though. :D

its a hard push, when it get close to redline, it feels like its running out of power and then when it upshifts, it pushes the car hard, like a boost of power type push as if something was holding it back the whole time and then it just got released

its a hard push, when it get close to redline, it feels like its running out of power and then when it upshifts, it pushes the car hard, like a boost of power type push as if something was holding it back the whole time and then it just got released

Your shift points are too high and the car is out of its power band when it shifts which is one reason why it feels harsh. It should shift around 6100 if the car is mostly stock. The exhaust just dont flow after 6000, its too restrictive.

Also we know you have a chip issue. If the chip wants a firmer shift AND the car had the J-mod done then it will be quite harsh. Get a damn tuner and toss the chip. Set your shift points for 5900 and keep the shift firmness set at stock. Then try it out. If the car is still pulling when it shifts then raise the shift point by 100 RPM untill you feel the power drop off again and set the shift point for 100rpm below that. Then you can start messing with the firmness. If its not shifting firm enough adjust it till its how you like it.

why would I get a tuner? Why would these shift points even be wacked? The car is stock?

The trans is super clean and has always been flushed and I even think theres a new valve body, not sure though

If you don't know WTF you have on your car, how should we? If it is a new valve body, is it stock? Jmodded? And just because something is new, it don't mean it will work right.

From your description, it sounds like your tranny has a shift kit of some sorts in it. If it hasn't done that before, then... ding ding ding! Something's wrong with the tranny, mainly the vb.

I had a long drawn out explination of your problem and fix, but...........I'm having an immature moment, and deleted it.

it does supposedly have a shift kit, but I dont know much about it but im pretty sure the previous owner said the chip was the what gave the car better shifts, im going to try to get a hold of the previous owner about the shift kit. So this is an actual part that installed by the torque converter or what?

Look man,

Your J-mod, or "new" valve body.....What ever it is, has probably played hell with the transmission. My buddy's 97 chucked a transmission because of Increased line pressure (VIA a tuner, AND a J-mod to the valve body.) I am going to stage a guess that your trans my be due for a rebuild on this past history.

I'm done spoon feeding you. You're just too damned stupid to even comprehend what's being said to you.

Maybe someone more... mature will get a baby spoon and feed you.

Stupid-InternetPolice.jpg

I'm done spoon feeding you. You're just too damned stupid to even comprehend what's being said to you.

Maybe someone more... mature will get a baby spoon and feed you.

F***K Y*U, learn how to talk to people MOFO, you need to get your ass kicked fu**in redneck

F***K Y*U, learn how to talk to people MOFO, you need to get your ass kicked fu**in redneck

Oh, so you only read posts that you can understand then.

I know how to "talk" to people. I dare even say, better than you ever will be able to. Now, it is true, I can't "talk" to all people well. People like you, for example. I have a hard time communicating with your kind. You see, I'm not fluent in IDIOT.
First off, I'm not interested in you screwing me. Sorry, but I don't swing that way. No matter how much you ask. It's OK, you can come out of the closet. We'll still give you crap.

I need to get my ass kicked? Uhh. Ok there, tough guy. I suppose you want me to go to you in order to get my ass kicked?

What an idiot...

white trash redneck is all you are, sorry

White trash redneck, huh? Well, Mr. City Slicker, I may be a dumb redneck, but at least I don't go around asking idiotic questions, like you seem to be doing. I know the difference between a valve body and a torque converter. I also know how to properly structure a sentence in such a way that it makes sense, what with using proper punctuation and spelling.

I also comprehend what I read. Now, I know I may not have your education, and your uber fast Cobra, but you know what? I'd rather have the mental capacity and the common sense you so sorely seem to lack.

It's sad when a "dumb redneck" writes better, speaks better, and uses bigger words than you do... bigger words to which he actually knows the meaning. How's that feel, Mr. big bad City Slicker?

get a life old man, seriously, quit being an internet creeper like the way you searched for my cobra on google, your F**KED up. Go get laid or somthing, quit talking :q:q:q:q on the forums, gets old real fast

Viking, your bringing it on yourself.

You NEED to realize you have pissed of a good portion of the participating members on the board, and as such........Will have a VERY hard time getting a decent response for even the most educated and well thought out post.

Last time I checked, insulting the maturity level of a message forum's members is NOT the best way to get the help or answers you need.

Think.....Learn........Change.

That is all.

Members online

Back