Whats broke on your car?

every boot on every ball joint is torn, and each ball joint is crunchy (including sway bar end links)
neon center on trunk
ashtray cover
defroster grille/dash top
TFT/TOT error P0712 (already replaced TFT, need to check external harness)
drivers seat forward/back
blend door actuator
entire right side speaker output (unless I hit the right bump at the right speed at the right angle)

I need to get to work, most of it is really a slight annoyance, but other things could get dangerous and a lot more work in the future if not handled now

Geez louise..... Developed a nasty misfire on the way home..

Thanks thread.

Last edited:
It needs head gaskets I pulled the intake and can see where its been leaking.

Transmission slips when you put it in drive sometimes.

Intake runners stick open sometimes tossing up a code.

It needs upper control arms pretty bad.

The rear arms need bushings sloppy as hell on the drivers side.

It could use front bags, they don't leak too bad but the shocks are used up.

Power steering hose leaks ...I hate leakers.

Speaking of leakers the oil pan also leaks at the gasket and the plug,

Needs exhaust work.

The EVAP tray has holes and sometimes it stinks like hell when I fill it with gas.

It needs a compressor for the air conditioning.

Rear neon eats ballasts like popcorn, also blows out the bulbs for the third brake light,
the parking lights come on when a I hit the brake pedal which makes me think it's all related somehow.

Paint is 100% used up, I have polished more then a 13 year old rubs his penis.

Besides all of that its a hell of a car.

Last edited:
DSC00129.jpg

??

+1, and mine is not a DD, so if there are any issues it is already in the heated garage, and I fix it. I did recently get an out-of-nowhere oil filter adapter gasket leak when cold, so I fixed it.

year later and happy to report it is still perfect, 131,000 miles and still a garage queen-it is so nice, it deserves being treated well IMO. 18 years old, and it still gets comments and turns heads.

My list keeps growing it would seem.

Blender door yet again, I put one in when I got the car at 55k and thought I did the fix so it wouldn't break again :confused:

Still need to put my LCA bushing in.

Oil still needs to be changed and today is supposed to be 51° but it's flurrying this morning so whether do it I don't know?

Last part is I need to order a new Washer Bottle as it is always claiming empty deal.

Oh and last part is passenger door speaker is crackling and cutting out when I hit bumps. Hope it's just a loos connection in the door and I don't have to chase down a loose connection anyplace else :shifty:

Otherwise I do this to it :mad:
http://nosleepatall.com/viper-destroyed-by-grapple/

the 93 needs a ride height sensor.
the 96 needs a running light bulb.

that's about it.

What's up with the junkyard picture? Thats a 65 impala 2 door coupe up front..what the sh*t!

It needs head gaskets I pulled the intake and can see where its been leaking.

Transmission slips when you put it in drive sometimes.

Intake runners stick open sometimes tossing up a code.

It needs upper control arms pretty bad.

The rear arms need bushings sloppy as hell on the drivers side.

It could use front bags, they don't leak too bad but the shocks are used up.

Power steering hose leaks ...I hate leakers.

Speaking of leakers the oil pan also leaks at the gasket and the plug,

Needs exhaust work.

The EVAP tray has holes and sometimes it stinks like hell when I fill it with gas.

It needs a compressor for the air conditioning.

Rear neon eats ballasts like popcorn, also blows out the bulbs for the third brake light,
the parking lights come on when a I hit the brake pedal which makes me think it's all related somehow.

Paint is 100% used up, I have polished more then a 13 year old rubs his penis.

Besides all of that its a hell of a car.

:joke

No offense fellas, but this thread makes me think my car is freakin awesome..... Here's my list

1. Factory CD changer broke one day after I bought the car

2. Cup holder has one broken wing

3. Fuel door relase button missing

4 Random seeping from water pump. (not consistant)

5. rear shock mounts toast- rattle.

6 slow to fire HID (orange for the first 30 secs)

Other than that, runs drives and seems fine. All my interior stuff actually functions the way it should thanks to the open wallet of my cars PO.

Forgot I to have one broken fold out on my Cup Holder.

Bought it that way but it's something I can deal with.

The wiper cowl cover screw holes have tiny cracks ... That's it

I made some adjustments to the glass in the Moon roof... That was the only thing that needed attention.

Anyone got any Mint Gen1 wiper covers laying around?

No offense fellas, but this thread makes me think my car is freakin awesome..... Here's my list

3. Fuel door relase button missing

I think that was the first thing that broke on me, I pressed it in, door opened a little and my finger slipped off, and it went flying. The little barbs at the end broke off. Luckily the Continentals use the same button, so I popped out the entire switch at the yard, gently pulled the plastic table top button out of the new one, and it fit right in the broken one, without needing to swap the entire switch. Too bad it is chrome and not interior color, throwing the whole LSC theme off.

It looks stupid when I have to open my trunk to use the override cable to open my fuel door. But until summer comes, I have no choice.

Well let's see... I just bought my 98 about a month ago. I have been going through the car replacing and fixing everything.
Fixed:
-oil filter housing leak
-water pump
-serp belt
-Replaced rear air springs
-replaced radiator
-Replace EATC and all bulbs
-broken driver's door handle replaced with chrome
-Rearview mirror and compass sensor missing entirely (previous owner's sound system had so much bass it broke the mirror off...so I'm told)
-nearly all window button covers missing
-new fuel door button spring
-realigned fuel door flat spring
-removed and re-glued very broken driver's door panel. The leather grip was separated from the panel.
-rotten vacuum hoses over the head
-replaced shifter knob...old one was worn clean through
-painted the worn center console armrest and cupholder cover grey (for now)
-replaced center console hinge and spring
-replaced center console bucket
-missing ashtray
-cigarette lighter fuse blown
-Painted rear bumper
-new door reflector
-replaced sunroof...old one missing way too many parts. Has newer style ASI buttons
-painted the rearview mirrors and the front bumper

Remaining issues I have discovered are:
-"lasagna" window
-Missing bulbs in the rear window brake light.
-intermittent rear neon
-"Check air ride" only when at highway speeds, but it doesnt seem to effect anything that i can tell. Not sure why yet.
-1 broken wing on cup holder.
-driver's seat is toast
-Once when the transmission place was doing a test drive they said all the interior lights and gauges shut off, then came back on. I've never had it happen to me.
-need to put in the nicer grill I bought.
-both hood lifts are shot
-need to buy bolts to mount 97 engine cover
-fix blend door actuator arm
-would like to find unripped sun visors....I'm wondering if gen I double visors fit in a gen II

Broke driver's door exterior handle just yesterday.

Other stuff:
blend door
telescoping steering wheel doesn't work and tilt function is intermittent. Probably the switch.
small oil leak at tail end of transmission...probably replace the fuel pump while the tank is down for that, just to avoid dropping the tank twice.
Everything else is fine.....for now.

Ohh where do i start....
first it was the air ride, then alternator, then uca's and lca's after spring swap, pass seat doesnt move, cracked grill, replaced headlights because they flopped around, radiator, cigarette lighter, and now the whole front end including rack im sure theres more so ill be back lol

I found out (the hard way) visors with sun roof are shorter. Had to build extensions for the clips.

Lasagna "i have the temple kit too scared to put it on" Outer tie rod end creaks, Drivers side M/M " for the 5th time", passenger seat is slow, rear cig lighter, cooling fan motor " need a good O.E." Cruise control cable, " makes the car idle high", Drivers tweeter grille, both rear speaker grilles, cam cover leak " will fix when I polish them.

It looks stupid when I have to open my trunk to use the override cable to open my fuel door. But until summer comes, I have no choice.
Besides Mark VIIIs, Continentals, another vehicle that is a source for this is Crown Vics and Grand Marquis, 96+. I pulled one that is black surround and chrome button, same part number as my 97 Mark VIII (and the one I got from a 99 Continental).

-would like to find unripped sun visors....I'm wondering if gen I double visors fit in a gen II

Yes, I have 96LSC double visors in my 98. You'll need the little anchor hook for the Gen1 as well as the Visor

Lasagna ....since I bought it at 88K miles has 166K now.
no rear defrost
Blend door... (again)
auto glide turned off ...noisy
tilt/tele turned off.. intermittent
moon roof off track?...pulled fuse
drivers door switch that shuts off stereo when opened...intermittent usually off. pass side OK.
CD changer finally shot...open it up CD's won't spin
Rear bumper/front grill paint faded.
wheel shimmy @ 57 mph but fine at 50 or 60 ???
check engine light on some fuel evap.? BS code... still gets 28 mpg hwy. so who cares.
dried up coffee spill on pass. floor mat. I'll get to it.
and that's not counting all the typical Mark VIII things I've fixed over the years,
But I love this car and want another low mileage one!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back