What is your 6, 7th position numbers in your VIN for your 95 or 96 LSC

MsM8tress

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't think any 95 or 96 LSCs VIN numbers have "92" in the 6&7 VIN position.

I have searched LVC, other mark VIII clubs, the whole frigiin internet and am unable to locate solid documentation that Ford didn't use VIN to identify LSCs in 1995 and 1996.

This guy turned in front of me and totaled my 95 LSC (pics in the what did you do to your Mark today..), and now the insurance company is trying to tell me she's not a LSC because of the VIN...

I have provided them url upon url of websites discussing the fact that the VIN numbers do not indicate a LSC for 95 & 96 Marks, but they wont budge!

Anyone got solid documentation?

THANKS! and smooches!

Sorry can't help ya on the VIN..but why would it being an LSC vs a base change anything? I doubt they are going to value an LSC much more than a base mark viii if at all. Options don't do much for the value of a 19 year old car. Only thing I would see difficult to replace is your front bumper..but even still it could probably be repaired depending how many cracks or holes there are in it. Question is, will you save it even if it is totaled?

Thanks for your reply! Well the insurance company uses comparison prices. 1995 LSCs with mileage 115,000 are going for around 3500-4000 in my area. Bases are a dime a dozen, 95 LSCs in good shape and low mileage are getting hard to find, and 96 LSCs are next to impossible!

Yes, I'm keeping her..I wish I had a place to store her and another parts mark for the winter so I could get busy giving her a face lift!

Thanks hun

I've had several 96 LSC's and a 95 LSC, and none of them had 92 in the vin, always 91. I agree with you. Good luck with the insurance co. I have 3 or 4 lsc bumper covers if you end up needing one. I'll be driving through Ohio to PA in a few weeks to pick up a motorcycle, if you need me to bring parts let me know. By the way, sorry to see that happen to your Mark. That sucks.

Last edited:
Hi chargerxr, that is sweet of you to offer! Igot a few leads on some parts locally, but have not gone to eyeball them. could you shoot me a pm with the colors you have and price your asking! That is so awesome! How hard to you think changing the fenders will be...I have no idea how much work aI am looking at.

On top of the damage the pics show, both air bags went off and the sunroof shatttered...lovely!

Your to sweet! I will be looking for your pm.

Thanks and smooches!

Debi, the LSC i picked up from Roger is definitely a "91" vin LSC.

good luck.

Hi DEB sorry to hear about the wreck. RODGER is a good guy and have dealt with him before. according to myspecificatio book from ford 95 edition page vi-53 there is only 91 base listed. the book that I have is listing a publishers date as dec of 94 so some one with a newer book might have a listing for LSC's . doing fine out here miss you LADY.jd

Debi, I have a couple of black bumper covers, several hoods of various colors, tons of airbags, sunroof glass if yours is factory. Fenders are easy to change. I assume it busted your header panel also. I probably have everything you need, but will check this weekend and get some pics for you. What color interior do you have? I will be going through Dayton, Columbus, and Akron, not sure where you are in Ohio.

I also have never seen a 92 code on a gen 1
You cold find one of the company's that reprints the original window sticker for proof.

oh...why have I stayed away for so long!! I have been really busy and was pretty sick for a few months...but still no excuse!

You guys are awesome ;)

Thanks for all the feedback on the VIN numbers - I didn't think of looking for a window sticker - I wonder if even lists them as LSCs...its worth a shot - wonder how long it takes to get one...

chargerxr - shes black (well was, guy I bought her off of painted her a really dark metallic black cherry, woulda been pretty if he'd have done it in a shop and not his drive way...). and yup sun roof is factor. I can send you more/better pictures of the front end, just let me know what you need to see - and yes you guessed correct on the header panel.

I am concerned about the frame - got any advice on how to tell if it is bent?

LVC Hotties are reMARKable!!!

Smooches!

Good Alignment shop can tell you as could a frame shop
I think I spent $1500 to get my car straight after I fell asleep at the wheel.
Numbers are a little fuzzy it was done 7 years ago.

DEB the factory repair manual has a chart of measurement in it section 01-01-3and -4 use a couple of nuts and pieces of string to make plum bobs to hang down on the measuring points. will give you an idea if it is very far out.

I am concerned about the frame - got any advice on how to tell if it is bent?

No frame to be concerned about... when I rebuilt the Blue Flame I soon noted the hood would not align. I took it to a local body shop who used their 'frame machine' to pull the inner fenders back in alignment for about $300. It wasn't off much but it did need tweaked a bit.

I have a '96 base model and a '96 LSC. Both have '91' in the VIN. Hope that helps.

I might be wrong but when I went to State Farm and got insurance on the 95, they put it in as an LSC. Luxury Sport Coupe and that's just what it is, technically. I'll have to find the original papers from 2010 but it was listed that way and it's not an LSC by any means. Either way, yours, had what makes it an LSC and if you have been with them a long time and they want to continue keeping you.....

HI DRILLER! Good to see you!! Please give Mrs Driller a hug and Hi from me!!! Thanks for sharing your experience with the frame - now I have no hesitation on getting her back together!

hi NoLimit95 - it's not my insurance co - it's the guy that hit me, Progressive. I'm hoping they come around and realize the VIN is not the holy grail of many vehicles!

Thanks everyone for posting your position numbers - I will probably be giving progressive this url on top of a ton of other documentation that I have provided them...

JD - Love ya so much hun...you give me far too much credit...I kinda think I know what you mean, but may be making a long over due phone call to you to get a better understanding and just to say HI! - smooches!

hummm....surprised the old man hasn't chimed in to dis on me...

Thanks so much hotties!!!!!

smooches!

THANKS HOTTIES!!! I have discovered all 95 and 96 LSCs will not have 92 in the 6 & 7 position.

Good news!! the insurance company finally, after two weeks of me inundating them with information - they finally considered Sthl an LSC!!!

Heads up to anyone who is dealing with a company that uses comparison value - and compares your LSC to a base: first make sure your insurance company acknowledges your Mark as a LSC, 2nd - fight like heck if they try to compare your LSC to a base!

SMOOCHES HOTTIES THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

Members online

Back