What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

GOT THE A/C FIXED!! WOO WOO!!
:dancefool:dancefool:monkey::monkey::invasion::wrench:facesjump:wave:woowoo2::woowoo2::woowoo2:

Sorry, I get a bit excited. It gets hot down here in La.

GOT THE A/C FIXED!! WOO WOO!!
:dancefool:dancefool:monkey::monkey::invasion::wrench:facesjump:wave:woowoo2::woowoo2::woowoo2:

Sorry, I get a bit excited. It gets hot down here in La.

Felt the same way last summer with mine so I understand ;)

Now my problem is that it will be doing everything right and then all of a sudden the Climate Control decides to switch to cool air even though it's 48 degrees outside :confused:

Thats tough luck. I know when my heater is blowing If i want hot air, I have to reach under the dash and pull the little lever thing. My blend arm is broken. Don't feel like taking the car apart, so a quick pull does it.

Maybe that arm is returning back in the up position and allowing the cool air to come through??

It's only a matter of time till my a/c starts leaking. The lower lines and dryer(?) are super crusty.

Luckily I like the heat so I rarely use the a/c unless it's 100+ out. I couldn't tolerate haveing no heat though. Anything less then 70 degrees and I'm freezing.

This is coming from a guy in northern Illinois? I went up there for 3 weeks out of the summer a couple years ago and just about froze my cahoonahs off during the summer nights.

When mine gave out, it did it slowly. So when it starts to feel like it isn't cold anymore, I'd go ahead and swap.

This is coming from a guy in northern Illinois? I went up there for 3 weeks out of the summer a couple years ago and just about froze my cahoonahs off during the summer nights.

When mine gave out, it did it slowly. So when it starts to feel like it isn't cold anymore, I'd go ahead and swap.

Yup. :)

At night it can get a little chilly(50's) during the summer. 70+ is were it's at. I think I need to move.

I prefer dry heat though. You'd never see me living down south, talk about uncomfortable.

Yup. :)

At night it can get a little chilly(50's) during the summer. 70+ is were it's at. I think I need to move.

I prefer dry heat though. You'd never see me living down south, talk about uncomfortable.

Oh it's not so bad, except for when its 110 several days in a row, and your sweat boils

Not really "today" but yesterday I removed working air suspension and converted to coil springs. I also put in a larger swaybar, Still hollow, I bought it online, It was supposed to be solid (negotiated a fair price after it arrived) it's still way larger, and mine was getting kind of thin/soft.

Just as I was putting in the last spring a silver Lincoln MKS pulled in the yard. It was the previous owner (my wife's uncle) He's a diehard Ford man and he loves that Lincoln air suspension.:eek: Plus he hasn't been to this house in about 2 years:eek: He just happened to be in New Hampshire and decided to come visit our new baby unannounced. I kind of told him a little white lie about the back bags leaking. That saved me from a lecture, but from now on I should call him before making any changes:rolleyes:

I liked the way my Cougar handled better?

The back bags were factory, and starting to crack, not badly, but they're getting there.
The fronts were two year old Suncore bags and the shocks sucked.

I haven't liked air ride since my wife's 1988 LSC suspension s**t the bed. Without warning! In Canada seven hours away from home, and it took two weeks to get parts. I don't want that to happen now with a six week old son.

Everybody has their own opinion and with Ford parts it might be different, but my car rode like mush and hammered over expansion joints and bounced over bumps. For >$300 I feel I made the right choice (even if it is just a Thunderbird now)

:) read my signature...

I don't like the risks either...but my air didn't work anyway

Oh it's not so bad, except for when its 110 several days in a row, and your sweat boils

I'm talkin' La, E. TX,Miss,ALA, FLA ect where the dew points are in the 70's 90% of summer. I could do it but I'd prob feel dirty everywhere I went.

:) read my signature...

I don't like the risks either...but my air didn't work anyway

Yeah, I did read that after I posted. Yours is way cooler than mine. If I didn't like the way the Cougar handled so much better I might have waited until something actually broke.

Yeah, I did read that after I posted. Yours is way cooler than mine. If I didn't like the way the Cougar handled so much better I might have waited until something actually broke.

I'm on Eibach springs 2" dropped. Those made a HUGE difference in the way the car handled. You can find cheap ones if you hunt around online, you'd be surprised what you can find in junkyards too. Bigger sway bars and frame braces will make it very solid

Thats tough luck. I know when my heater is blowing If i want hot air, I have to reach under the dash and pull the little lever thing. My blend arm is broken. Don't feel like taking the car apart, so a quick pull does it.

Maybe that arm is returning back in the up position and allowing the cool air to come through??

Did blender arm last year and when it starts blowing cold if I crank it max temp it will start blowing hot again. Then when it gets to hot I can lower it and it will stay nice. Then out of the blue cold air will start blowing and that's when it's cold outside too :confused:

Pics tell the story...

IMG-20120407-00417.jpg

IMG-20120407-00418.jpg

Did 2/3 for the "Big 3" finally, only took me like a year to actually get to it. Threw my new subs in the dual 15" box and slid her in the trunk. Recarpeted the beauty panel too. Other then that I just washed it.

Just a quick couple. Not very scenic.

Even with a full tank and new speakers the rear is still .5" higher then the fronts. Thumbs up for the energy susp's rear prothane isolators. Height hasn't changed much in the 2 months they've been in. :D

Picture376.jpg

Picture374-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back