What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

pulled the shifter

Pulled the shifter handle off my 94 Sunday - found the overdrive lockout button wires broke off up in the handle -- might need to ask someone if they have a black one for sale or barter?
Thought about putting my joystick on it - lots of buttons - feels great setting over the shaft - would like torque converter lockup - and overdrive lockout on it --- heck there is room for cruise control too!! :D

ATT00002.jpg

Sold it!!!

Bought a Johny Walker bottle and went home to wathc East Bound and Down episode I missed. :D

^^^^ sad
If you don't mind sharing how much did you get?

2900. I thought it was a fair price. I wasn't using it anymore and it was just parked in front of the house getting banged up by people who dont know how to park. Plus getting into it after my Lexus wasn't that exciting anymore. I did love it dearly 1.5 years I owned it. Even thou it gave me hell sometimes. It served its purpose.

Scored a strut master conversion front and rear in great shape today in the yard, great day at the yard now I can drive 65 , well after I put it in my car....

2900. I thought it was a fair price. I wasn't using it anymore and it was just parked in front of the house getting banged up by people who dont know how to park. Plus getting into it after my Lexus wasn't that exciting anymore. I did love it dearly 1.5 years I owned it. Even thou it gave me hell sometimes. It served its purpose.

sounds like a good price to me hopefully It went to a good home.

I filled my car up with 93 @ $3.77 per gallon about a month ago and today, I finally really drove it somewhere. Went to the doctor and then drove from Huntsville, AL. to Decatur, AL. and back. I had to go there because nobody else had my prescription or, didn't have 120 of them. It averaged at 25.6 mpg, cruising at 75 mph and now I am setting in between a 1/4 and 1/2 a tank. Now the same gas is $3.93. :rolleyes:

Drove to Wal Mart and filled it up on the way home. Got a compliment from a guy at the station. I love my Mark!!
rich, your mark is super clean you should get compliments from everybody you park next to, stop next to at a light,even if you run over someone, their response should be damn thats a nice ride.
love compliments too. especially those who appreciate a good cam profile, "damn what ya got in that thing?!" is my favorite.:)

I noticed the Mark III in there my kinda guy. Have had 3 Mk 3, 3MK 8 still drive one every day and 25k a year, 2 MK 5s and 1 MK 6, Don't know what I will do next LS not for me and 8s are too obsolete to repair and drive every day.

^^^^ I have daily driven a mark for the last 9 years so I say they are not obsolete.
Great daily driver never have had to tow one home cause if its failure.

Custom ... Mark VIII Torino!

I spent sometime in my warehouse looking at four 93 -94 Mark VIII parts cars:shifty: and a 97 roll over I plan to stuff the complete floor sub structure/ drive unit under my 69 Torino Wagon?:eek: Just because I don't have enough projects already!:confused: Anyone want to help?:rolleyes:

Custom ... Mark VIII Torino!

I spent sometime in my warehouse looking at four 93 -94 Mark VIII parts cars:shifty: and a 97 roll over I plan to stuff the complete floor sub structure/ drive unit under my 69 Torino Wagon?:eek: Just because I don't have enough projects already!:confused: Anyone want to help?:rolleyes: Here is a picture of the 97 in the background still runs and drives just a bit bent up every where, good deck lid and lamp though anybody looking for one? :)

SDC16969.jpg

Drove it to work this morning and noticed a low-pitched "whistle" coming from under the hood when idling. Probably a pinched vacuum line. I'll check it out when I get home. And the fuggin blend door started working again this morning:eek::confused: I needed a little heat since it was about 40 degrees when I left the house so I turned the heat up to 90 to let it warm up for a few minutes and lo and behold it was actually blowing hot air when I got in to leave. However, I'll need the a/c again on the way home, so we shall see if it works then...

:eek::confused:

I just don't know how to respond to that...

I guess the '73 Ford van that never let me down in 12 years of driving it must have been *really* obsolete. The only reason I sold it was because I'd bought the Mark and didn't want to pay insurance on three vehicles (paying full coverage on my Mark and Liability/Uninsured Motorist on my girlfriend's Pathfinder).

Put my W3Z2 ECM in, removed the DZA1. Definitely feels like the timing is bumped up now, and the shift schedule is better. Revved up to around 6850 in 1st when before I got around 6450, so that looks like it's changed, too. Car feels lighter and funner (can't wait to get that 2800 stall converter I have in it).

I didn't do ish to the car all weekend.

I did order all my new substage components though. They won't be comparable to my old 18w6's but I feel as though they'll be an improvement over my backup Type R's..

i ganked all my air ride and swaped in the strutmaster coil conversion in my mark
and i actualy got to drive her , for the first time this year.
:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back