What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Knew it was getting close and I did em just in time!
brakepads.jpg

Only thing is I did new rotors along with the pads and they feel horrible when your coming to a complete stop :eek:

Are you spraying the pads with some "stop squeak" type of spray? That sticky stuff doesn't allow the pad to move, which it should, and can actually CAUSE the pads to make noise.
What do you mean "they feel horrible", still pulsating or something? Did you lube the hardware guide pins and the pad tips where they touch the anchor bracket?

hi all,

question? Are the rear bumpers from a gen1 identical to the gen2 rear bumpers?are the moldings completely different on the mud flap area for both cars?thanks guys and gals.

regards,
ramon

No they aren't identical, they aren't even close to being the same

Noticed a nice fluid slick from yesterday where I park at work when I got in this morning. Checking it at lunch. I have a feeling my car's gunna hit me hard in the pockets this winter, of all times..

Noticed a nice fluid slick from yesterday where I park at work when I got in this morning. Checking it at lunch. I have a feeling my car's gunna hit me hard in the pockets this winter, of all times..

Ok, well all the fluids are full as far as I can tell. I backed in though yesterday and that's where the slick was positioned, nobody backs up into that spot. Idfk.

Ok, well all the fluids are full as far as I can tell. I backed in though yesterday and that's where the slick was positioned, nobody backs up into that spot. Idfk.

Ok, it's coolant. Had a better chance to look at my parking spot once I got off work. It's coming from the front right somewhere. I hope to god it's not the lines going into the heater core.:eek:

Front right, like by your wheel would probably be either the right side radiator tank,or the drain may be leaking

Unless you're just being silly and it's only
Your AC drain -shrug-

Look at everything in your engine bay, look for something wet, and then fix it until its not

Cleaned and washed her, had the emission test done and put her to bed for the winter.
Since I needed the emission test done to get my plates I figured I would do that since my plates expire on Tuesday. Guy drives it into onto the dyno the wrong way thinking it was front wheel drive. Once I got him straightend out he says to my how to I get the parking brake off? Fool used the parking brake and then could not figure out how to release it and to turn of Traction Control. Did that for him and he runs her on the Dyno, damn right rear brake was stuck and was smoking like mad, now I have to pull the rear brakes apart in the spring to do a complete service. Oh well, just another thing to do when I bring her out again.

collectors edition lettering

What I did today? Well after searching for hours online I finally found the proper font...and got a lettering place to make me the collectors Edition lettering the rubs off almost all the CE doors... The lettering is slightly larger than I intended and I did not have an original to go by....Should have asked a member out here.
Well here is the photo. What do you think?

000_1597.jpg

put some meguiars on the rims and changed out the non working 10 disc for a mint condition 10 disc

I cleaned it for once, I've been so damn buy this year I've pretty much ignored the Mark since April.

386656_10150380278326295_681541294_8541075_888319574_n.jpg

Ordered my new exhaust! I'm going to have the third cat and resonator removed, an x-pipe thrown in to end at two dumped Pypes Violators.

What I did today? Well after searching for hours online I finally found the proper font...and got a lettering place to make me the collectors Edition lettering the rubs off almost all the CE doors... The lettering is slightly larger than I intended and I did not have an original to go by....Should have asked a member out here.
Well here is the photo. What do you think?

That look's great! A hair to big but I still like it.

just got off the phone with sean hyland, what a nice guy couldn't believe he was there and wanted to yap with me for a half hour. well heads are coming off and goodies going in. the coyote fell through, so back to the drawing board, full build to come with pics and the like.

well,now that im back at school and have interwebs again,ill be back on.

Over the summer while at home I...

Repainted the wheels,same brown,but more metallic.
Sanded the parts car hood all the way down to the aluminum and polished it Very CHINY!
Swapped the parts mark LSC rear sway bar in.
Did a time-sert kit :-/
Re-polished my valve covers.
Swapped front seats for LSC seats,along with floor mats.
Sanded all 4 brake calipers down smooth and painted them gold. as well as painting the top of the discs gold.
Changed pass rear hub for one that was not locked up.
Took pumpkin out of parts car for the 4.10's and new bearings.
Oil change...nothing exciting.

I think thats all I did. :) good to be back

To NY state and back

So am feeling that this is gonna be a snowy winter and since my Mark sucked last year I won an auction on EBAY :D
tires.jpg

Nice set of Dunlops and only an hour 10 minute drive to pick em up.
tread.jpg

I don't put my Mark away during winter as it IS my daily driver.

Members online

No members online now.
Back